SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Abraham, My Friend_08

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

Hi! ALL of you Rons out there!
I also enjoy the old Hymns, but there is some new music that has plenty of Word, and anointing also. One of the hardest things for me, after I became a Charismaniac, was adjusting to people much older than me " Getting Down" with the music. After some adjustment , I've come to the conclusion,; that everything written in Wesleys day probably wasn't all that scriptural, or anointed either; and much of our taste in music is more cultural than biblical. Everything in contemporary music certanly isn't, BUT some is, and I ain't too old to BOOGEY! :-D
Clutch :-P

2004/1/24 6:29Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Hi Clutch and all
Here's a challenge for you. Find me something unscriptural in a Wesley hymn. They are bibline, wherever you cut they leak scripture. I'm not saying they were infallible, and I can think of one answer to my own challenge, but I'm going to keep it a secret.

We have some good hymnwriters alive today, and one who I think is the greatest hymnwriting gift to the church in 200 years, but they are a bit thin on the ground. Our little Wesley hymn has a preface written by an old preacher friend now with the Lord.

"HERE is a selection of the incomparable poems of the Wesley brothers, the poetry of which is as sublime as it is heavenly, and breathes from the eternal Spirit who inspired their hearts. In this realm they have no betters and few, if any, equals.
This book is a collection of long-loved and new- found truth, "treasures new and old', offered to lovers of Jesus our Lord.
Throughout the land hearts cry out for the realities herein set forth, and these hymns give expression to the unspeakable yearnings within in a manner which beautiful poetry and utmost piety unaided cannot accomplish, for many have produced such hymns but have failed of that "something' that so permeates the writings of the Wesleys as to place them in a class above all others.
The difference surely lies in the fact that these hymns were born in revival, and come from the Spirit of Life then breathing through the land.
Our Lord gave them to His Church, and wherever souls long for language of the Spirit these hymns will be sung by all so blessed as to know them.
Could heart-cries be formed and framed in better words than these, or man declare his faith more gloriously?"

2004/1/24 7:29Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

Hi Ron,
Like my old AV, Wesleys work has withstood the test of time. However, when each was first introduced, neither was voted" Most Likely TO SUCCEED".
Clutch ;-)

2004/1/24 8:21Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
We have some good hymnwriters alive today, and one who I think is the greatest hymnwriting gift to the church in 200 years, but they are a bit thin on the ground. Our little Wesley hymn has a preface written by an old preacher friend now with the Lord.

Yea people like: Watchman Nee, Oswald J. Smith wrote some amazing hymns in the 19th century.

Quote:
Hi! ALL of you Rons out there!

Yea this could start to get abit confusing, who know how many more Rons are going to join this community :-P actually there are 3 so far:
(InTheLight) Ron
(knowr) Ron
(philologos) Ron Bailey

2004/1/24 8:56Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

Hi Greg,
You said:
"Yea this could start to get abit confusing, who know how many more Rons are going to join this community actually there are 3 so far:
(InTheLight) Ron
(knowr) Ron
(philologos) Ron Bailey"
That'd be great wouldn't it. Hi! Your names Ron? O.K. take a number; you're Ron number_______. :-o We could soon be taken over by " Rons". Like minded Rons on every Continent and Isle. There everywhere I tell you. Yes, a Denomination, a Denomination of Rons. :-D
Got to go to work Bro.; later dudes ;-)

2004/1/24 10:33Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Yes, a Denomination, a Denomination of Rons

hahhaha.. :-P

2004/1/24 10:57Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

Yes Greg,
It is good for us to be here. Let us build three temples... . :-D

2004/1/25 7:56Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

"Mar 9:6 For he did not know what to say, for they were very much afraid."

2004/1/25 8:22Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

you notice, I'm staying out of this discussion. I'm working on a new brand image.

Proverbs 17:28 Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.

2004/1/25 9:21Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

Thank you Ron,
I apologize , repent and receive your gentle rebuke. My comments were out of line. Please forgive me.
Clutch

2004/1/25 9:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy