SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : New Testimonies from Detroit Homeless Outreach

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
RevivalArmy

DETROIT, MI

New Testimonies from Detroit Homeless Outreach

8/21/2006

The Lord has been blessing the work in Detroit in a tremendous way. Here's a few testimonies from the past couple of weeks:

--Two burning brands were plucked from the raging fire of sin's inferno and gloriously converted to the faith in Christ. Their names are Edward and Mike and they are both good friends with each other. Edward is a very joyful man in the love of God and is hungry for more. His personality lights up the day wherever he goes. The two of them eagerly await our arrival to the park every time we go down, desiring to hear the Word and fellowship with brothers and sisters in the Lord. Hallelujah!

--One lady who was standing in the food line had a terrible pain in her side. She was hunched over, covered in sweat in agony. Another lady ran up to us and asked for our assistance. Immediately I attended to the situation and another sister in the Lord joined me. It turned out that this poor lady not only had a very painful affliction in her side, but that she had appendicitus which was going to have to be surgically removed. The two of us laid hands on this lady and prayed. I rebuked the affliction in the name of Jesus and asked the Lord to heal her, then walked away. The lady came up to us about 15 minutes later and specifically wanted to thank us. She said "You are angels from God". The agonizing pain completely left her body and she felt totally better and wanted to thank us. But all glory goes to Jesus alone! I do not know if she was completely healed; the faith within me says she was and I'd like to believe it. Either way, it was nothing short of a miracle. Praise be to the Lamb of God forever!

--Rodney is a man that has been running from the Lord for some time now. We preach our heart out to him in hopes that he will repent. He said that some of the things I tell him cut him to the heart and won't leave him alone. He testified that often he'll wake up in the middle of the night and be troubled by something I said, and he'll sit up and think about it for a while. When we arrive at the park to set up and preach, he said that he usually runs off with his beer and hides when he sees us coming because he gets scared, but that he won't go out of hearing range so he can hear everything we preach. The Spirit of God is convicting this man's heart. Please pray that Rodney will be brought to genuine repentance.

--John Wesley (no, not the old English revivalist) is (was) a homeless man that stayed down in the region in which we minister. He was totally self-deluded. His neck was stiff and his heart was hard, and he knows the Scriptures it seems inside and out. Every time we tried to minister the Gospel to him, he would tell us to look up this scripture, and that scripture, and he'd take it out of context to try and justify his sin. This went on for a while. Finally, brother Patrick dealt with him by the leading of the Spirit about hardening his neck against God. It was a word that cut him to the heart and broke through the fallow ground of his self-justification. It came to pass the Mr Wesley repented of his sin and put down the bottle for good! He joined up with us last weekend and sang a song for us all! He is now a completely new man (and that is certainly no overstatement!!!). It is amazing. It turns out that John Wesley was in the ministry and was going to become a pastor down south, but after a series of events, ended up taking a drink of alcohol and backslid totally from there. Now, however, he plans on getting back into contact with his old ministry and working his way back up to prove himself faithful, trusting the Lord to bring restoration. John was a burning lamp of joy in our last meeting, lit up with the light of Christ, and helped us minister to the rest of the people! The Lord did a mighty work in that man it seems.

--One man was walking through the area and later testified that something unmistably and undeniably compelled him and drew him into the park. He had no idea why or what it was but he had to obey, even though he said he never comes to that rotten place because it's so wicked. So he did anyway and sat down on a bench. Not long after, we set up and began to preach. It hit him hard. He came over and sat in the grass to hear brother Patrick's sermon on deliverance from the bondage of sin and freedom in Jesus. I went over after the message and began to personally deal with him, expounding to him personally of the truths that were preached and exhorting him to repentance. He began weeping as the Spirit of Holiness blessed the conversation. This man believed in God, said he prays and reads the Bible, and that he desires to serve the Lord, but that he is bound in the slavery of sin and can't break loose. Our message was exactly what he needed to hear about power over sin through the blood of Jesus and faith in His name and deliverance from all manner of bondage by the freedom of God's Good News. He said he is going to whole-heartedly serve the Lord from now on and hand it all over to Jesus to set him free! Oh praise God!!!

--I had the blessed opportunity to minister to a Jewish college student from the local university. His name was Forest. Forest came to the park because he knew the homeless community is there and he was on a "search for truth". He decided to see if the truth was among the homeless. Needless to say, on his search for the truth, this young Jew ran into us by the Sovereign hand of the God of Israel and heard the Gospel of Yeshua Ha Meshiach. I talked with him extensively. He had many, many questions, to the which the Lord blessed me to answer with wisdom. I pointed him to his personal sins against God and his need for a Savior repeatedly as we talked through the Scriptures, mainly hitting on the portraits of Christ and Gospel truths found in the Torah (books of Moses). When we finished our long period of discussion, he admitted, "out of all the religions and world-views out there, yours makes the most sense". I pray that he has, or will yet, find the Messiah of his people and come to Jesus. Praise the Lord!

These are just some of the testimonies from the last two weeks. Believe me, there are much more! But praise God for these and please pray He will continue to bless this work. Your prayers are absolutely priceless.

To those of you who are soundly in the faith of God and preach the true Gospel, I exhort you to reach out to the homeless, downtrodden, afflicted outcasts of society wherever you are. If you aren't doing that now on a regular basis, I encourage you to get out a Bible and do a study on all the scripures in the New Testament concerning the poor and ask the Lord to show you His heart on this subject. You can start by reading these few Scriptures below: If you don't know how to get started then we are more than willing to help in any way we can. We will even consider coming to your city and helping you set up for the first time and share what we have learned. The poor need to have the Gospel preached to them! This is the Lord's order and it always has been! Will you answer the call and obey Jesus? I hear His broken heart pleading with His Church, "If ye love me, keep my commandments".

"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world." - James 1:27

"Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?" - James 2:5

"And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision. Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do. - Galatians 2:9-10

"Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many: And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready. And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused. And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused. And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come. So that servant came, and showed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind. And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room. And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper." - Luke 14:16-24

In Christ - Josef Urban
www.RevivalArmy.com

2006/8/21 23:46Profile
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Re: New Testimonies from Detroit Homeless Outreach

Now this is kingdom theology. Glory to God. Thanks for sharing, Josef. God bless you real good today.

Amazed by His Grace,

"O"

2006/8/22 11:19Profile
RevKerrigan

South Central Kentucky

Re:

Amen Josef! Keep up the good work for the Lord in Detroit! May he continue to bless all you do for Him and His Kingdom! It is funny...and I don't consider it a coincidence...that as I was praying last night that the Lord led me to Isaiah 58. Maybe when you come to this area (Lord willing), we can get something like this going here in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area.

2006/8/22 12:21Profile
RevivalArmy

DETROIT, MI

Re:

Brother Kerrigan,

I still definately plan (God willing) on coming down there. It may be a couple of months yet though, maybe even November. I plan on finishing up the season here with fall cleanup on my job, and then I'll be free. We should definately try to get the same thing going down there, it is such a blessed ministry as the poor have the Gospel preached to them. I think it blesses me more than it blesses them! Hallelujah!

It can't be a coincidence brother. There is no such thing in the Government of our Sovereign King. Praise the Lord!

2006/8/22 13:49Profile
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Re:

Revival Army,

Praise god!!! That blessed me a lot today hearing that today.

2006/8/22 14:00Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

"Jesus replied, "Go back and report to John what you hear and see: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy[b]are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor."

Praise God, brother!!!
-Eli

2006/8/22 14:16Profile
RevivalArmy

DETROIT, MI

Re:

If anybody would like to see the corresponding pictures to go with this report, you can view them in the reply here: http://65.108.220.179/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=43009#43009

2006/8/22 14:30Profile
RevKerrigan

South Central Kentucky

Re:

Brother Josef...November would probably be perfect! It doesn't get very cold down here either. I will be preaching at the Universities starting very soon...

2006/8/22 21:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy