SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Question

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Question

im just wondering...how come somedays i feel like ive got it all !! i have a such a revelation of christ and i so understand Everything and the word makes so much sense it almost like a light into my soul...then there are thease days when i feel like i dont really understand anything..... i cant say i have much faith in anything...my prayers feel dry...al seems so dark and so on... then just yesterday i feelt as my prayers could move mountain becuse i so belived in him and his power. Do you other people feel such ups and downs..... sometimes i get this feeling that everyone else has this straight walk whit christ and everything moves smoothly along.... for me its more or less a rollercoster...i really dont know what to expect... sometimes it chnges from hour to hour... my question probaly is this

do you feel like this or is it just me?

2006/8/19 8:45Profile
mamaluk

Re: Question

Oh, a big yes. Especially in my younger days.

It's the flesh,the world , and satan. Only to remind ourselves that Christ overcame ALL. We can be as stable and peaceful in Christ as we remind ourselves. MLJ (M.Lloyd-Jones) said that "to love Christ,is to know Him" all our life. Little by little.

Christian, see if you can find the little book by John Bunyan called "Pilgrim's Progress", I love it, it depicts the journey of a Christian.

No worries, you are as normal as you can be, please only to never depart from praying and reading, and fellowshipping ( where available )

In His love and mercy

2006/8/19 10:00Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Question

Bare with me here ...

"feel", take note of this in your expression. It is an important word well enough and rather than to use the allow\dis-allow aspects to direct and rule the life ...

It, like everything else needs to be refined, an ongoing and progressive process.

Quote:
i really don't know what to expect

Beautiful isn't it? Is not the wonder of this life one of being taken off guard by what the Lord might do in any given moment? All the great paradoxes, the seemingly 'contrary' ways of the Lord.

[i]The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.[/i] Joh 3:8

Many aspects and applications one could draw from here, but ...

[b]Joh 3:8 -
The wind bloweth[/b] ... - Nicodemus had objected to the doctrine because he did not understand how it could be. Jesus shows him that he ought not to reject it on that account, for he constantly believed things quite as difficult. It might appear incomprehensible, but it was to be judged of by its effects. As in this case of the wind, the effects were seen, the sound was heard, important changes were produced by it, trees and clouds were moved, yet the wind is not seen, nor do we know whence it comes, nor by what laws it is governed; so it is with the operations of the Spirit. We see the changes produced. Men just now sinful become holy; the thoughtless become serious; the licentious become pure; the vicious, moral; the moral, religious; the prayerless, prayerful; the rebellious and obstinate, meek, and mild, and gentle. When we see such changes, we ought no more to doubt that they are produced by some cause - by some mighty agent, than when we see the trees moved, or the waters of the ocean piled on heaps, or feet the cooling effects of a summer’s breeze. In those cases we attribute it to the “wind,” though we see it not, and though we do not understand its operations. We may learn, hence:

1. that the proper evidence of conversion is the effect on the life.

2. that we are not too curiously to search for the cause or manner of the change.

3. that God has power over the most hardened sinner to change him, as he has power over the loftiest oak, to bring it down by a sweeping blast.

4. that there may be great variety in the modes of the operation of the Spirit. As the “wind” sometimes sweeps with a tempest, and prostrates all before it, and sometimes breathes upon us in a mild evening zephyr, so it is with the operations of the Spirit. The sinner sometimes trembles and is prostrate before the truth, and sometimes is sweetly and gently drawn to the cross of Jesus.

[b]Where it listeth[/b] - Where it “wills” or “pleases.”

[b]So is every one[/b] ... - Everyone that is born of the Spirit is, in some respects, like the effects of the wind. You see it not, you cannot discern its laws, but you see its effects,” and you know therefore that it does exist and operate. Nicodemus’ objection was, that he could not “see” this change, or perceive “how” it could be. Jesus tells him that he should not reject a doctrine merely because he could not understand it. Neither could the “wind” be seen, but its effects were well known, and no one doubted the existence or the power of the agent. Compare Ecc_11:5.

(Ecc 11:5 As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.)

Albert Barnes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote:
sometimes i get this feeling that everyone else has this straight walk whit christ and everything moves smoothly along

Don't you believe it, if it were so it would disprove a great deal of scripture and experience. Having said that, there is that peace that can over rule, making manageable whatever may come, His peace... something that is striking even now as this develops, may not have fully recognized it before... [i]submitting to that[/i]. My!

Disciples are derived from discipline and how very much is this process not always a happy one according to our feelings at the time? Generally speaking, prayer can be one of the great obstacles and battles on this front. It has been said paradoxically, "Pray until the feelings come." Well, even that can be a mixed bag. Most times they do while to pray [i]without ceasing[/i] is to mount over the emotions and the feelings very often .. it is the essence of [i]"and the violent take it by force"[/i], in earnest, come what may, [i]despite[/i] my feelings.

To die to ones self is not to eradicate but to deepen and purify;

[i]For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.[/i] Mat 16:25

Ever take note of how [i]even[/i] our Lord was?
No one ever had greater mastery of his feelings than Jesus,

[i]And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.[/i]Joh 8:29

There is something far more profound than rigid adherence to fact's and law's, and by the same measure, emotions ... feelings. Surely not without them. What greater feeling than that of God's Presence? I know of none, the very thing we long for, home-sick for Heaven. What is revival but God manifested .. beyond our articulation. Evidence. The very atmosphere is charged and changed. My limited experience has been times of the 'slight' manifest Presence as I am want to couch it, which is becoming ... more recognizable than those rare times when He is just overwhelmingly... [i]present[/i].

Just brainstorming and heart speaking, wondering out loud, pardon the duration. You may have opened up a wonderful can of worms here, will be interesting to hear what our brethren have to contribute.

By the way, this matter is very much still a great problem in the regular working life, I don't [i]feel[/i] like doing a great number of things in any given moment and am far from having a mastery over it there, even with the great admonishen of...

[i]And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.[/i] Col 3:17

The one thing we do need to enforce and realize is for those who have been born of the Spirit,

Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; [b]for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.[/b]

Ever present.

You are not alone, I do know how you [i]feel[/i]

;-)

2006/8/19 11:47Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re:

Quote:
do you feel like this or is it just me?

I can't give great advice like the other brothers have given, but all i can say is yes. We're all in the same boat brother.

God bless you

2006/8/19 12:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy