SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Annex the West Bank

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
mamaluk

Re: Brother Paul....not only brothers in the Faith....

bartel,

First off, thanks for your respect over on the other thread, though I totally forgot what it was about. It's funny how I could get all wound up at somethings and completely forget about them in the next second. I only remember you ended off saying that you tried to show me respect, heehee, I'll take it anyays. No need really, let's just all show respect to the Lord.

Your life's testimony and story moved me a lot, and teaches me something too. Thanks so much for sharing it with SI.

Paul, your love for Christ shows, and I so appreciate that.

As I said on the other thread 'thou shall not kill', let me say it again, I salute and thank those who fight/fought for this country. I especially am grateful for the Christians whom God sent , yes, whom GOD SENT there, for I believe that there's nothing accidental in each Christian's life, all of it, the good and the bad, even to tread on such a difficult journey.

It will be a privilege, if not the least, I can and should do, to pray for all those of the Body sent to fight, for GOD's sovereign cause according to HIS sovereign will.

humbled,
mamaluk

2006/8/19 19:51Profile

a 56M!

Well bless God! We'll be in touch, as I said I'm going TDY California, but I'll be back in Chicago 7 Sep.

I don't know what your status is, but if you got to go overseas, ie....Iraq, Afghanistan, Turkey, etc. You let me know, I'll write you. I know what mail call means to a guy stationed overseas.

I had a childhood friend who was a Bradley driver, a platoon Sgt with the Big Red One in the first Gulf War, and I made sure that boy had regular mail coming to him....you are active duty, yes?

Just let me in any way I can be of service. I believe that any American who knows a man or woman serving overseas should write and send care packages.

your bro, bartle

2006/8/20 2:01
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: a 56M!

Quote:
you are active duty, yes?

National Guard, actually. I got out of active duty right before 9-11. Before that, I was 4 years active, 4th Infantry Division (the same guys that found Saddam - my unit!) I have been mercifully spared from going into actual combat. I have [b]amazing[/b] testimones on how God spared me from going to Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq. I shared one of them in my church and people were in tears, praing God with loud shouts of victory. Simply amazing. But I don't want to take over this thread talking about me.

That you would offer to write me touches my heart, Bartle. You are walking in the footsteps of our Lord! Prayerfully, Iwon't have to go anywhere, but if I do, I will let you and everyone else here know the details. Unfortunately, the Chaplain I protect (a Lieutenant Colonel) is not born-again. He's got a Phd in psychiatry and a scintillating Mdiv. So, basically, if you were a schizoid, he could diagnose your condition, prescribe medication, and then kill you with the letter of God's law. I've talked to him about the Lord, and about how one must be born again to see the Kingdom of God...and he justs nods and changes the subject. [b]Nobody[/b] truly born again changes the subject of the new birth.

Another guy in our unit is a Catholic Eucharistic minister, and he's trying to show me that Peter was the head apostle, the "senior pastor" if you will, and that Peter and Jesus have validated the RCC as God's One Mother Church.

But all those guys are in Afghanistan right now. You know how it is in the military - everything must be PC. You must preach a PC gospel; you cannot evangelize Muslims or Cathollics or Mormons. You must let the Wiccans have their services, and even the Satanists (the Army has a Satanic Chaplain in California; we recognize "Satanism" as a religion, and it is protected under First Amendment rights). What would General Washington think about having a wicked Satanic priest in his army, "praying" over his soldiers during the Revolutionary War with England! In fact, last Christmas, I was strongly rebuked for praying over the "holiday" banquet in Jesus' Name. After I stepped from the podium, I was actually pulled aside by a Major (he GRABBED my arm) and got right up into my face. It was pretty ugly, and it spoiled the entire event for me. But as Isaac Watts would say, "I am dead to the globe, and the globe is dead to me." It wasn't the first time I've suffered shame for owning my Lord publically, and Lord willing, it won't be the last!

Wishing you a wonderful day in the Lord. I need to get ready for church! God richly bless you in our Lord's Name,

Brother Paul

2006/8/20 9:45Profile

Re: Annex the West Bank

Quote:
... I began to pray, and it was like a snowball rolling down a hill. Withing two weeks I was in a New Testament church confessing Christ.

Brother bartle,

I wonder if you could say more about how this worked?

2006/8/20 10:14
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Simply amazing. But I don't want to take over this thread talking about me.

Please do! This is fascinating to hear this background of the saints.

2006/8/20 15:03Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Please do! This is fascinating to hear this background of the saints.

This is how God spared me from going to Iraq this year:

In January 2006, my entire unit went on alert, and we were told we had one month to get our stuff together - the whole brigade was being deployed to Kuwait and then to Mazul, Iraq. It was to be an 18 month deployment, and with 100% mobility, meaning [i]everybody[/i] was going. The only exemptions were pregnant females and soldiers who had just gotten back from the first rotation. I went and spoke with my First Sergeant, and he told me he saw my name on the list. The Army was hurting for 56 mikes (Chaplain Assistants) and my name was on the top of the list.

Well, I called my wife and she just freaked out. This was all very sudden. I felt sick to my stomach, as I serve in a Black Hawk unit, and I fly around with high ranking Chaplains and such. Those UH-60 choppers are always going down over there, getting hit with rocket grenades, and to top it off, the place we were headed to was right in the middle of some very fierce insurgent fighting.

Well, I got my will together, got my shots, got fitted for the new uniforms and kevlars (helmets). When I got home, my wife was in tears; she had called my family and her family and spoke with my pastor and church family. I told her to stop fighting God. I reasoned that if God allowed this, I am going, and I will seek His will over in Iraq. Perhaps He would use me to plant seeds in precious Muslims and lost American GI's. I didn't know - all I knew was I needed to submit to His will. My wife, however, continued to fight it. She told me she was taking it to God in prayer.

About a week later, I'm struggling through a session of prayer in my study and I suddenly experience a great release of peace in my spirit, and God told me that I wasn't going. He said He had work for me here in Texas. I went to bed with a smile on my face, my burden was lifted.

The next morning, I see my wife in the kitchen and the first thing out of her mouth is: "You're not going. I heard from God last night, and you're not going."

I told her I had heard from God too, same message. And we never talked about it again. It was settled in the heavenlies.

Three weeks later, I'm heading to my unit the day before we're supposed to deploy, and when I get there, I meet my platoon sergeant who says, "Hey, West! You're staying behind. Someone took your name off the list."

Well, I just broke down right there and wept in my uniform, basking in the presence of Jesus Christ. Oh, Saints, to know God. He takes care of His own. And he gave me a praying wife, powerful in His wisdom also. God can do anything; kings and governements and senators and congressmen and four-star generals are but puppets on a string when God acts on behalf of His praying saints.

As I stood in the rear detachment, watching my unit convoy out to Fort Hood, all the pregnant females and soldiers who had just gotten back kept asking me; "West, you were supposed to go! How in the world did you get off the list? The Army needs 56 Mikes!" As the soldiers asked these questions, I would feel the power of God sweep through my heart. He lives in me so vibrantly, so close, so preciously intimate. All I want to do is remain humble and low and obey His voice every single waking hour. Because decreasing yourself and obeying His voice increases His sublime, unspeakably glorious presence in you life. This I can assure you.

I shared my testimony the next Sunday in church, and people shouted in victory and wept. It was an incredible experience, and an exceedingly joyous service.

Brother Paul

2006/8/20 16:11Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

From the ground level

Dear Paul,

Thank you for bringing some reality to what many of us can only imagine and\or get well caught up speculating about. How many different angles and perspectives can be overlooked, not taken into consideration ...

It is one thing to debate over the horrors of war, the Christians place in or out of it and to be very vocal in our opinions ... and then there is just life and reality. We need to hear these things. Thank you brother for bringing them forth.

And for those deployed ...

2006/8/20 17:40Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy