SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : FEATURED SERMON: "Regeneration & Self-Denial" by Paul Washer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 FEATURED SERMON: "Regeneration & Self-Denial" by Paul Washer

FEATURED SERMON: "Regeneration & Self-Denial" by Paul Washer

Regeneration & Self-Denial
Paul Washer explains how self-denial is more than a wearisome relinquishing of worldliness. Speaking with great passion, he shows how self-denial is a work of God that makes surrender a joy and delight. This message penerates with prophetic urgency the need of true conversion under the power of God.

2006/8/15 2:41Profile
Isleander

France

Re: FEATURED SERMON: "Regeneration & Self-Denial" by Paul Washer

Paul Washer has grasped the truth of the Gospel here and is not afraid to proclaim it! I can't agree with his Calvinism, but he most certainly knows God's heart. Highly recommended. By the way, Ezekiel 36 was one of the scriptures on which Wesley based his doctrine of Christian Perfection (viz. Loving God with all one's heart, soul, mind and strength). Brother Washer is nearer to Wesley than Calvin, and thank God for that! It's these truths which will turn the Church around.

2006/8/15 7:02Profile
W_D_J_D

Re:

isleander.....

Gday, i just read your post and i would like to kindly disagree. Paul Washer and Keith Daniel both are very strong in their theology but both implicitly deny any belief in christian perfection.

they say all this great stuff and then almost out of no where they say "but im not talking about sinless perfection you know, that impossible this side of eternity."

so although they may seem to be close in many ways to the Wesley line, i see them caught in the middle of Welsey and the Calvinist line.

I personaly believe in sinless perfection, and i believe that Charles Finney's work on it was great, short, clear and coherant.

hmmmm. Having said that though i did enjoy Paul Washer's sermon to the youth crowd and also the words of Keith Daniel.......

i would say that they are a lot better than a lot of the teachings going around, but not quite there yet.....ya know what i mean?

anyway.

feel free to disagree, God bless u all!

ciao

2006/8/15 8:34Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Here are some comments on the sermon:

POWERFUL TRUTH!!!! (August 15/2006) comment id: 1301
Reviewed by: richstevens
This is what is needed to be said. If more Pastor's would preach this way we would see a revolution in this country. For years I was gulity of the modern humanistic gospel leading people to false conversions. NO MORE. People at church really hate to hear the truth. We are nothing!! God is everything. We cry out for mercy to Him because we are filled with wickedness and realize we deserve hell and punishment. We are not doing people any favors be trying to make things easier for them. Let them struggle with God , least they be damned.

Great Sermon (July 18/2006) comment id: 1255
Reviewed by: IWantAnguish
Many great points made in this sermon. Must listen !!!

Be warned! (July 15/2006) comment id: 1248
Reviewed by: Bliss
This contains spiritually explicit material and is likely to offend; the problem is that you cannot afford to NOT hear this message. So often the real truth just needs someone with the courage to proclaim it. Paul Washer is one such individual.

If you want to add a sermon comment go here:
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=12830&commentView=postComment

2006/8/15 13:26Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
This contains spiritually explicit material

:-)

2006/8/15 13:49Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re:

Great to see this is the featured sermon. Paul Washer's familiarity with Leonard Ravenhill can be felt as speaks with the holy boldness that Ravenhill had.

This is a good message.

2006/8/15 13:52Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

What I came away with was realizing that I was a parrot. I am able to repeat profound things I have heard. But I truly do not have revelation into the things I say.

I need to be regenerated.

Murray

2006/8/15 15:41Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Would to God that this message be heard in all of America and Canada. Oh for a holy, "glorious church" may God bring establish it and may we be counted amongst its righteous members.

I believe God is destroying false religious confessions and regenerating people as they hear even this message. "The sinfulness of sin." may it be proclaimed and in light of that let us see the truly "holy" God we serve.

Every to be minister needs to hear this message. We need the true power of God in churches again!

2006/8/15 19:41Profile
Compton

Re:

Amen Greg,

Preaching like this gives me such hope for this generation. Here we are finally talking about the only issue that matters....the Gospel "You must be born again."

Today's average American Christian is so sadly igorant of the holy phenomenon of regeneration, that many things in our churches are vain imitation of things no one has really seen.

Sermons like this only convince me further, that true revival won't be when carnal worldy Christians get serious and 'set on fire'...but when many imitators finally believe the Gospel and become regenerated. Untill I hear about a revival where church-members are becoming born again,...Like Washer says, "When revival comes it will rip everything apart."

This abasement to our Christian credentials will be rejected by those with most to lose but accepted by those with the most to gain.

If we consider that many of us have never understood the Gospel untill hearing words just like this Washer sermon, imagine how harsh and abasing this realization is to our Christian leaders who were quick to count everyone who 'accepted Jesus into their hearts" as converted. Like the rich young man, these men are too invested in their succesful reputations to admit they did not preach the Gospel properly. To them the converted layman will say...

"How is it that you are pastors and teachers of Christian churches and you do not understand these things? We are telling you what we have seen and heard and you still do not believe!"

These are exciting times brethren! A worldly storm may be coming, but the hot wind is a holy wind. A call to repentance comes with fire, but it is not condemnation for those who abandon this world to follow Jesus,...it is mercy! What great mercy is it that God would call the very hypocrites who claim salvation with a grudging stony heart, and offer them that precious fleshy heart that loves what God loves and hates what God hates!

MC

2006/8/15 22:10Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Sermons like this only convince me further, that true revival won't be when carnal worldy Christians get serious and 'set on fire'...but when many imitators finally believe the Gospel and become regenerated. Untill I hear about a revival where church-members are becoming born again,...Like Washer says, "When revival comes it will rip everything apart."

WHEN REVIVAL COMES IT WILL [b]RIP EVERYTHING APART[/b]!!!!! do we believe this?

Has anyone else heard this message?

2006/8/16 22:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy