SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : three things too wonderful ...and the 5th?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

three things too wonderful ...and the 5th?

[b][color=000000]There be three things which are too wonderful for me, yea, four which I know not: The way of an eagle in the air; the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maid.[/color][/b]
- Proverbs 30:18-19

I once heard a message where the speaker indicated that some in the early Church regarded this passage of scripture as a sort of allegory of the Church.

This morning my mind was brought back to this, verse 20 of the same passage

[b][color=000000]Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness.[/color][/b]

I thought it would be good to meditate upon and to consider our ways

2006/8/14 9:36Profile

Re: three things too wonderful ...and the 5th?

Quote:
once heard a message where the speaker indicated that some in the early Church regarded this passage of scripture as a sort of allegory of the Church.

Thanks for sharing this.

Quote:
.... [b]Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness[/b].

I thought it would be good to meditate upon and to consider our ways

And this. It's relevant for me.

2006/8/16 13:20
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi sister dorcas.

Have been thinking about this verse and how it seems to speak of how blinding our sins can be, so that we do not even recognise them as such.

Peace be with you.

2006/8/16 19:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy