Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 THE REALITIES OF HEAVEN -tozer

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/tozerdev.gif[/img]

THE REALITIES OF HEAVEN

Much of the secularism and rationalism of our times dismisses the Christian view and teaching about heaven as "nothing more than hopeful thinking." But the Christian's promised hope of future blessedness is founded upon the fullest and plainest revelations of the Old and New Testaments. That it accords with the most sacred yearnings of the human breast does not weaken it, but serves rather to confirm the truth of it, since the One who made the heart might be expected also to make provision for the fulfillment of its deepest longings. God's promises are made to the Christian believer, who generally has difficulty picturing himself as inheriting such bliss as the Scriptures describe. The reason is not hard to discover, for the most godly Christian is the one who knows himself best, and no one who knows himself will believe that he deserves anything better than hell. But even justice is on his side, for it is written, "If we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9).

Prayer
Lord thanks you that my hope is based on truth, and that you have given me a saving faith.

Scripture
Let not your heart be troubled... I go to prepare a place for you.
— John 14:1-2

Thought
God's promises are made to the Christian believer, who generally has difficulty picturing himself as inheriting such bliss as the Scriptures describe.

more info: http://www.cmalliance.org/devotions/tozer/tozer.jsp

2006/8/13 16:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy