SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Willow Creek Leadership Speaker Promotes New Age?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread

Re: Grasshopper

you wrote:

Quote:
Jimmy Carter is not a Christian

If you want to labour under that misassumption, do it, but's it wrong and you slander a man.

Not only do you slander a man, but you misappropriate and misuse Scripture to buttress your own wrong-headedness and sinful slander, quoting Matthew 10:34, entirely out of context.

"Blessed are the peacemakers....Blessed are the meek"....

This quote of yours is what took my breath away:

Quote:
If he was truly a Christian, he would have told the Islamic nations to accept Christ or else they would suffer the wrath of God for their idolatry

That is "Crusader" mindset, the Crusades were the darkest time of Christian history , and I might add world history, especially if one is a Jew, which I am, saved the Grace of Jesus Christ.

Did you know at the time of the Crusades there were 300,000 Jews still living in the what was Israel? oh yes, and in the Crusades they were wiped out. By the Muslims?

no, they were killed by the Crusaders, all sporting the Cross on their armor and their banners, and your "solution" is to tell the
Quote:
Islamic nations to accept Christ or else they would suffer the wrath of God for their idolatry

accept Christ or die...at whose hands?

that statement is the spirit of anti-christ.

I don't expect you to recant or repent from such wickedness, nor do I expect you to turn from your slander of me by questioning my walk with the Lord.

I don't expect it, because in your 6 posts on this forum you have demonstrated such venom and bile, that if I knew who your pastor or Godly mentor was, believe me I would forward this thread to them so they could see how far astray you have gone.

As far as Israel is concerned, you could say my inclination is towards the Likud party. Israel will prevail, and the IDF will do what they have to do, but I guarantee you every Israeli would welcome an honest broker, as the Camp David accords that President Carter helped negoitiate last to this very day.

I had previously pledged not to post on this thread again, and I ask my other brothers and sisters, and Greg and Mike to forgive me, but there is such a spirit of anti-christ and immmature slander in your post, I'm going to call you on it and urge you to repent from it.

Praying that you do, bartle

2006/8/17 14:05

Re:

What ever happened to us simply following Jesus and preaching and making disciples of all men... baptizing in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost?

Soon we will find out how frivilous we have been... Christians and churches alike.

Krispy

2006/8/17 14:20
grasshopperj

Re:

Quote:
If you want to labour under that misassumption, do it, but's it wrong and you slander a man.

Not only do you slander a man, but you misappropriate and misuse Scripture to buttress your own wrong-headedness and sinful slander, quoting Matthew 10:34, entirely out of context.

Absolutely not, friend. There's a reason why I quoted the next few verses after that which you conveniently ommitted (not to mention the fact that you ignored the other scripture i posted, and did not bother to address the texts from Leviticus and Romans that Carter was clearly against.) Jesus clearly was stating that those who believe would be at odds with those who do not, and there would be separation and persecution over it. This coincides with what Christ said about a prophet not having any honor in his own home. Jesus was not to bring peace or unity, but rather division. This does not contradict Matthew 5:9. As you'll notice all throughout the New Testament, Jesus and the apostles all did their duty in peace, and the violence was brought upon by those who were the enemies of the Gospel. The Jews who handed Him over to the Roman government and the Roman soldiers who brutally persecuted Him all did so with Jesus never raising a hand. All HE did was spread the message of repentance and exlcusive path to Heaven by grace through faith in HIM alone. The same with the apostles who traveled to Macedonia in ACTS and were chased by the worshippers of Diana the goddess all because they peacefully preached the gospel of Christ, a gospel that said there was no other way to Heaven except through faith in Christ alone.

Also, you have no words for Carter's view on homosexuality? I gave you the exact quote directly fromhis mouth. No comments on that?

Quote:
Did you know at the time of the Crusades there were 300,000 Jews still living in the what was Israel? oh yes, and in the Crusades they were wiped out. By the Muslims?

no, they were killed by the Crusaders, all sporting the Cross on their armor and their banners, and your "solution" is to tell the

They were killed by Roman Catholics loyal to the Pope who manipulated their emotions and sought land. Pope Urban has been traditionally thought to have given a rousing speech that ignited the Crusaders to war. Jesus said you can tell a false preacher by its fruits, and the Crusades was the fruit of the Catholic pope, who in case you forgot like to remind you that they are "vicars of Christ."

Quote:

accept Christ or die...at whose hands?

At the judgement seat of Christ, of course, for He said:

"Go ye into the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved, but he that believeth not shall be damned." (Mark 16:16.)

Jude 5
"I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not."

Revelations 20:14-15
"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. and whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Quote:
that statement is the spirit of anti-christ.

I'm sorry, friend, but you are decieved. According to Scripture, this is anti-christ spirit:

2 Corinthians 11:3-4
"BUt I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye recieve another spirit, which ye have not recieved, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him."

1 Timothy 4:1-2
"Now the Spirit peaketh expressly that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their conscience seared with a hot iron.

1 Timothy 6:3-6
"If any man teach otherwise, and consent not towholesome words even the wrods of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness. He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thsyelf."

1 John 2:3-6
"And hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."

Jude 4
"For there are certain men crept unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ."

Quote:
I don't expect you to recant or repent from such wickedness, nor do I expect you to turn from your slander of me by questioning my walk with the Lord.

Bartle, your words have no effect on me. The fact that you did not choose to discuss head on the Biblical quotes I supplied that Carter was against showed me you are not able to discern or even analyze what I posted if I posted in error. The fact that you wouldn't go verse by verse with me shows that you are blinded by your emotions and loyalty to a man who is not Christ. I ask only that you read the Scriptures and search for any time any man who was a follower of Christ was lauded as one for doing charitable acts as opposed to spreading the Gospel so that those who believe will be saved.

Quote:
I had previously pledged not to post on this thread again, and I ask my other brothers and sisters, and Greg and Mike to forgive me, but there is such a spirit of anti-christ and immmature slander in your post, I'm going to call you on it and urge you to repent from it.

Friend, the only way you can call me out on it is if you show me verse for verse how I took any of the scriptures out of context, and you must use Scripture also to do it. Otherwise, you have nothing to call me out on, really.

It's obvious Billy Hybel's Willow Creek gatherings is your cup of tea. No preaching on sin, no mention of the blood atonement, the victory on Calvary, the Great Commission- all of that is ignored and omitted in the emerging Church movement, which makes it easy for anyone to be judged by their good works and not whether or not they have faith in Christ alone. It's all just one big feel good theology where we all can get along and compromise our love for Christ since loving men is more rewarding.

Ephesians 2:8-9
"For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

2006/8/17 18:18Profile
W_D_J_D

Re:

WOW......

Do you guys know what?????

P. Diddy is a Christian. BORN AGAIN! Do you know why? Well he said in a song refering to Jesus "you have always been my best friend".....AND he helped Osbourne up from a fall at a party, PLUS he gave her a $40,000 rolex watch. This is proof enpough this man is born again!!!!

AND i am pleased to announce to everyone on this board that other stars have come to the Lord Jesus. Stars like Sisquo, Ma$e, Britney Spears, Christina Aguleria and many more....

I have proof of these other stars being Christian as well.....Christina Aguleria said "im a christian" to Rolling Stones and also prayed on video before performing her hit song "Dirty" on stage. Mase preaces at a prosperity gospel church and in his recent song said "i pop n--az in the head now they dead/ and the church hoes sing".......Sisquo thanked the Lord Jesus Christ for his award and also thanked "the thong".

ISNT this GREAT news family??? Are you not exited? And do you want more Good news? Well here it is........Bush is a christian and Osama clearly states he believes in God.......so does Nasrallah and also Senator Kerry.....hmmmmm.

BUT i have got better news to come........

ALL the people mentioned above are coming to a special, super dooper, awesome, mega conference called HELLS LAKE PLUMMIT CONFERENCE!!!!

oh man its going to be great.....hosted by the very man himself "Pope Benedict"!!!!!!!!

More special guests include Maddona, John Travolta and the man of the hour Mel Gibson.

THIS CONFERENCE will be like nothing before.......there will be free alchahol, hashish provided by Osama Bin Laden and the best of it all is "NO preaching from the bible"!!!!

Book you tickets NOW....only costs a small one of payment of "Signing your life over to Satan".

Why wait? Book NOW!

....................Sound far off? nah its what i am seeing spewing out of the United States at the moment!

May God rain down His justice on these wolves!!!! Oh that the redeemed may hear the Father voice and repent!!! oh that this insanity will cease!

ciao all

2006/8/17 22:01Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
What ever happened to us simply following Jesus and preaching and making disciples of all men... baptizing in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost?

Soon we will find out how frivilous we have been... Christians and churches alike.

Krispy

Hey Brother Krisp long time no see good to see your still kicking, man that what you asked is to simple you know us humans, we like to make things as complicated as possible, simple is no fun, anyone can win at simple hey you better get the gloves on if your posting on this thread. :-P

Take Care Brother I sure hope Little E makes it into the chase.

2006/8/17 22:17Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

This is absolutely pathetic.

You who wish to pronounce [i]your[/i] judgement on hearts and cannot judge your own...

Take it somewhere else. This thread is locked due to your conduct. Pray that those who had attempted to discuss matters will forgive you.

2006/8/17 22:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy