Evan Roberts Quote
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Eternal Security- Chuck Smith

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Eternal Security- Chuck Smith

Hi, I just recently purchased the new Chuck Smith Study Bible, and love it. It doesnt just give you study notes, but he makes those notes into little devotions, its pretty cool. I recommend it. But anyway this is a snippit from John 15: 1-8 that I liked:

"Eternal Security: Many people endlessly debate about the issue of eternal security. Can you lose your salvation, once you are a child of God?
This passage is one of the passages that seems to indicate the possibility that you can lose your salvation. "If anyone does not abide in me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned."

But this passage doesnt make me insecure at all. I intend to always abide in him. Why would I ever want to cease abiding in him? If I abide in him, I live a life of fruitfulness. If I abide in him, He answers my prayers. If I abide in him, I abide in his love. If I abide in him, my joy is full. I am eternally secure as long as I abide in him, and I am going to do just that. I will leave the arguments to the theologians. I am abiding in him."

God Bless

2006/8/11 12:10Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re: Eternal Security- Chuck Smith

I like that. He stands in the middle on the issue, but not in a way just so he pleases each side of the doctrinal fence. Just simply stating what the Bible says and draws his conclusion from that. Wouldn't it be great if more Bible teachers did this?

I've never really read Chuck Smith before, thanks for posting that. :-)

2006/8/11 12:45Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

There are over 600 audio sermons by Chuck Smith on SermonIndex, I encourage you to listen to them here:
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=273

He has a great "through the bible series".

2006/8/11 17:32Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re:

Quote:
There are over 600 audio sermons by Chuck Smith on SermonIndex, I encourage you to listen to them here:
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=273

I think i will. Thanks.

2006/8/12 1:14Profile
James777

I'm right here!

Re: Eternal Security- Chuck Smith

John 15 actually DOES demonstrate that someone can not end up in Heaven after having been born again.

It's not the Lord forsaking the person who falls away and doers not abide in their relation with the Lord Jesus... it's people that are forsaking the Lord.

Romans 8 is very clear on this that if we walk after the flesh, we shall die which is spiritual death which is further evident in Romans 8 that goes on to say to be carnally minded IS death which is spiritual death not physical death (as we see this is what the Lord meant in the Garden of Eden as they did not die physically, but did die spiritually)

The Galatians are another example of those who had been born again and fall away from Jesus and the Lord specifically said thru His Apostle that they had "fallen from grace"

There are many warnings in God's Word that backsliding has very deadly consequences so we all should take heed and remain in this marriage relationship with the Lord Jesus as His pure bride, remaining un-spotted from this world.

2021/10/7 11:37Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy