SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : David Hogan, How God uses men

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
LChris2f

David Hogan, How God uses men

David Hogan is a deadman in his own eyes when you listen to him all cares about is Jesus and God having His way and its obvious the man isn't a great intelectual, no amazing revelation or showing of exegesis and hermenutics but he does have a open heart a willing vessel to believe God in what exactly his word saysas he is faithful in the calling given to him by God, most people struggle with their faith without having a well rounded theology and doctrine which there is nothing wrong I absolutly believe in the need of them both but like it is said somtimes theology has the tendency to take the teeth out of truth. Most Christians I think are afraid of stepping out from underth what they have grown acustom to not that its haresy to or rebell but the simple fact were so content with what we know we're so quick to loose intrest in what we don't know. I grew up in the AG did know anything outside the 16 fundamental doctrines if I don't hold to that whole doctrine and my own is lest detailed so to say if it were than am I any less knowledgable or usful to God and His kingdom. Who are we too judge whether David Hogan or any other man of God (unless there is open sin in his life) is this or that or not many talk rashly but whether a vessel of mercy or a vessel of wrath they both are made from a God who creates not only the light but the darkness and the same God who creates peace creates cliamity because He will bring into season all things He has purposed in His despensation of grace to be judge according to His good will so man will glorify God Almighty that even the wisest will be awakened to how much he thought he knew and I say wisest to simply say yes those who was wise in Christ for God gives to man as He pleases. SO therefore let us be in prayer for one another not that God will change what we think is wrong or help or whatever but pray "thy will be done O Lord" if indeed we live for Him!

2006/8/10 21:40Profile
Paulf

Re: David Hogan, How God uses men

This is true...you should post this under the other David Hogan thread.

Paul

2006/8/10 22:39Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: David Hogan, How God uses men

Welcome to SI LChris2f. Glad to see you here and contributing to this forum. The are many rich resources here from many men that God has used past and present. Also, thank you for your introduction to Mr. Hogan but would you give us the pleasure of introducing yourself a bit?

Quote:
...Who are we too judge whether David Hogan or any other man of God (unless there is open sin in his life) is this or that...

Also, I would just like to comment on this thought I quoted above. Why do you warn us not to judge when the Bible clearly tells us to test what we hear? The Scriptural injunctions that are against judging (Matt 7 e.g.) are in the context of hypocrisy(beam and speck). Clearly we need to judge ourselves first,in the light of the Truth, but also we are to test all things...
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
(1Jo 4:1)

Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
(1Co 14:29)

Quench not the Spirit. Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
(1Th 5:19-21)

In Christ,

Ron

2006/8/11 9:57Profile
LChris2f

Re:

I absolutly believe in what your saying in that we should test what we hear by the word and in judging I was implying who knows the mind of God except the spirit of God and yes we can know but only in part and also that if there's was open sin as in being of those who know by the word but are unrepentive in there heart. I realize now how it sounds but I was speaking with brevity to those who at least I hear alot of speaking about preachers(on how they aren't preaching the word like we are)how they minister that God isn't in them and what he is doing lacks because of whatever an example Joel Olsteen there is very little reproof and so forth that many of us get in the word and many of those folks including myself wouldn't go to his church not because I'm against him but because the lack of some essential truths that the Holy Spirit has made known to me and you and whoever else and perhaps its God's purpose that he is ignorant to that but I believe the man is sincere in his heart and who knows what God can do through him the point is it doesn't matter who we are and where we are at in our spiritual life but if we are willing and obedient to that which we already know because without the Holy Spirit none of us would know anything but its God who gives and also I remember before I knew the Lord I didn't know the exceeding sinfulness of my self or nature because I yet had the revelation of the holinesness of God. And yes we should judge our selves daily if a man judges himself then who will judge him you know what I'm saying because his heart is in the place seeking perfection in Christ. I know my talk is choppy and I'm writting back to you what you said because I'm young and I see this as a way to challenage myself I respect any feedback and I say that humbly because I want to learn so thank you for any input that will edify. Thankx

2006/8/11 14:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy