Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : God used "the Bullhorn guy" in my life

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sonofadam777

Rochester, New York

God used "the Bullhorn guy" in my life

A testimony of how God used an open air preacher to bring me to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ as a false convert.

Do a google search on "the Bullhorn Guy". ~ Doug

===========================================
God used “the Bullhorn Guy” to bring me to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ. Two years ago I thought I was a pretty good Christian. Yea I sinned occasionally; yelled at my wife and children on a daily basis, grumpy, angry, depressed AND also went to church weekly, men’s bible study, sang on the worship team, tithed, and was very religious. But something changed when my wife said, “You don’t act like someone who is saved and a Christian.” Other Christians tried to help me change, hold me accountable, give me more Christian books, go to more conferences, but nothing worked. I was still a very religious self-righteous Christian. I disagreed at first with my wife in my self-righteous pride, but eventually I started to examine my self against what God’s word said after I met, “the Bullhorn Guy”. The Bible does tell us to examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith, but for 20 years in Church I never heard that. Yes, I could have found that verse in the Bible, but I didn’t read that either.

In my quest to gain the approval of God and be more religious, I wanted to learn how to evangelize. A Christian sent me two DVD’s of an evangelist doing open-air preaching. As I watched this man open air preach, reason, and teach sinners that they had broken God’s law and that they had to face God on judgment day, I started to feel conviction of my sin and life as a Christian. I thought I was saved, “I had said the prayer 20 years ago, and was water baptized.” so I knew I was saved and going to heaven but was just a carnal Christian and was being “sanctified”. Well that ‘sanctification” process that so many pastors talk about so far has been 20 years and I was still living with sins of the flesh and could not stop sinning. Why couldn’t I stop sinning? But every time I sat and watched “the Bullhorn man” open-air preach my soul came over more conviction of sin and I started to really fear God that I would have to stand before Him on judgment day. I had never heard this type of preaching before ever in my Christian life. I really thought for the first time that I was never saved or born again. When I started telling other Christians this conviction and thought I had, they thought I was hearing Satan or wrong in my theology on salvation. But in spite of their thoughts, I still started to examine myself. When I looked at the mirror of God’s law as a professing Christian. I was convicted because I stole things at work, lied to my wife and other people, lusted, coveted other’s possessions, swore, and justified all of it!

My heart was a hard as a rock and I didn’t care what God or others thought because I was religious and saved, or so I thought.

People make fun of or disagree with “the Bullhorn guy” or the street-preacher on the side of street reminding sinners how they have broken God’s law and that they will spend eternity in hell if they don’t repent. I am glad today that I watched him before I perished in my self-righteous religious pride and had to give an account to God for my sins and not repenting. I am writing this short story because if it was not for “the Bullhorn guy’, I might still be in my sins convinced that I was saved. God does say in His word that one day there will be those people who thought they were Christians will be departed from a holy God to a just eternal punishment. People who make fun of “the Bullhorn Guy” will have to face God on judgment day for their pride and ignorance of not knowing God’s word. Thank God for the Bullhorn Guy!

2006/8/9 11:22Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: God used "the Bullhorn guy" in my life

Great testimony. I'm still looking around on Google to find who "the bullhorn guy" is. Can you help me out. I'm curious...

2006/8/9 12:36Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

AHHH!! This podcast makes me want to scream. I honestly can't tell if this is a joke or if this guy is serious.

[url=http://www.podcast.net/play/45768/14]http://www.podcast.net/play/45768/14[/url]

Even if this is not a joke, I think this is what "modern Christianity" thinks about Bullhorn Guys.

2006/8/9 12:55Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

podcast

It is too scary. I guess this guy never heard of John the Baptist. and most everything he quoted sounded so out of context to me.

and we wonder why no one wants to be a Christian. why should they? are we any different than the world?

God Help US!

2006/8/9 15:09Profile

Re: podcast

Lord give us a thousand more "bullhorn guys"!!

2006/8/9 17:10
RevKerrigan

South Central Kentucky

Re:

I have uploaded the WHOLE VIDEO to my website, so that you may view the entire video should you like to. I bought this video a while back so I could see the whole thing for myself. Anyway, go [url=http://www.pinpointevangelism.com/Bullhorn.htm]here[/url] to go to the page where you can view it. God Bless...

2006/8/10 19:52Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: Mars Hill Bible Church statement of beliefs

This is the church of the guy who did the 'Bullhorn' video

Mars Hill is devoted to joining the God of the oppressed in the restoration of all creation.

We believe the Bible to be the voices of many who have come before us, inspired by God to continue to speak to us today. God calls us to immerse ourselves in this authoritative narrative and to continue to faithfully live out that story today as we are led by the Spirit.

God, the author of all things good, created humans in his image to live in fellowship with him, others, our inner self, and creation. God is in a communal relationship with himself and his creation and he created us to be relational as well. Sin entered the world and our relationships with God, others, ourselves, and creation were broken and distorted.

We believe that God did not abandon his creation to destruction and decay, rather he promised to restore this broken world. God chose a people to represent Him in the world. This people started with Abraham and his descendants. God promised to make them into a mighty nation. In time they became enslaved in Egypt. They cried out to God because of their oppression and God heard their cry. He brought them out with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. He brought them to Sinai where he gave them an identity as his treasured possession, a Kingdom of priests, a holy people. The story continues, revealing God’s refusal to give up on his people through their frequent acts of unfaithfulness to him.

God brought his people into the Promised Land. They were blessed to be a blessing and called to put God on display to the nations. They made movement toward this missional calling, yet they disobeyed and allowed foreign gods into the land. In Israel’s disobedience they became indifferent and in turn irrelevant to the purposes God had called them to. They were sent into exile, yet a remnant looks ahead with longing and hope to a new reign like David’s where peace and justice would prevail.

We believe these longings found their fulfillment in Messiah Jesus, born of a virgin, mysteriously God in the flesh. Jesus came to preach good news to the poor, to bind up the broken hearted and set captives free. He lived a perfect life proclaiming the arrival of the Kingdom. He was rejected by many, crucified, buried, and rose again. His death and resurrection bring hope to all creation. Through Jesus we have been forgiven and God is reconciling us to himself, each other, ourselves, and creation. Jesus is the only mediator between God and humans. For all who accept his sacrifice he gives the Holy Spirit who leads us into all truth through a communal life of worship and a missional expression of our faith. The church is called to put the resurrected Christ who lives in and through us on display to a broken and hurting world.

We believe the day is coming when Jesus will return and reclaim this world, the earth’s groaning will cease and God will dwell with us on a new and restored creation.

(somehow this just doesn't seem right to me) :-?

2006/8/11 11:56Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Members,

Yeah, the speaker in the video is right. We should never warn our friends and neighbours about hell and judgement and God's wrath. We should just keep on loving them right into Hell without ever telling them the truth.

"Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses." Prov. 27:6

Murray

2006/8/11 14:50Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Quotes from a Hellfire Preacher

"This is a wicked generation"

"You foolish people!"

"Woe to you!"

"Fear him who, after killing the killing of the body, has power to throw you into Hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him."

"You fool!"

"The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the unbelievers."

"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!"

"Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division."

"But unless you repent, you too will all perish."

Unsure of the source......Oh, hold on it was

JESUS.

P.S. I got all these quotes from two chapters in Luke.

2006/8/11 15:28Profile
roadsign

Re:

Murray, I think it would be most revealing if you added WHO Jesus was talking to in each case here. I suspect that it is mostly the stubborn and proud self-righteous - those that were sure they were in God's good books!

Who may they be in our day?

Diane

2006/8/11 15:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy