SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : totaly free from sin..... is it possible?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

thats how i see it, thats how i understand it....did jesus die on that cross just to forgive my sins? no!! he came to undo what adam did...so in theory it could be possible for all humans never to sin again..... it is a possibility..isent that what christ did on the cross? now i know there are struggles tests and trails...there are a devil..there are flesh.... there are all those things but god is greater than all those things... i meen did he just do half the work at calvary? he fixed the sin problem to get us to heven but as long as you are on earth your preatty much in for a ride of sin...is that whats it about? no it cant be like that..there must be a holy life... not as in never sin again... but as in its posible not to sin again..... ravenhill said something like that... did jesus go to the cross and hell just for me to run into walls? maybe we have to but there is a hole here...i cant seem to fill it... something missing in this.... im struggling im having very hard times sometimes...and thats a part of the christian walk... but if there are no victory over sin this side of eternity.... then whats all the struggle about? if we cant win then why keep fighting... thats just stupid... so there must be a victory!!! there must be... someone must have had it.... as earlier said there arent many of them around... but there must be some men and women so holy of god they have totaly entered in in victory over sin, in jesus christ , isent that what he came to do? ive heard people say to me...dont set the bar to high...you might get disapointed....i havent told them what i was thinking when they said it... but ive placed my bar in heaven... jesus is my bar...i dont wanna stop before that... can anyone understand what i meen? i sin they sin we all sin... we confess we repent we sin we confess we repent..... is that all? somehow im missing the victory part in that....there must be more.... i pray you will show me and all others who seek your face to show us all things lord....show us al things...

gods peace to you all
christian

2006/8/4 22:42Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I read most of the posts here in reply to your questions and I agree.

I have one question for you: is there still a 'tiny' sin in your life that you have not confronted and dealt with that is bogging you down? Is the Holy Spirit wanting you to do something that you are resisting? This can make you feel like you are being defeated ALL the time. ("let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us," HEB 12:12)I do not believe the LORD wants you stuggle ALL the time. There is a huge difference between struggling with sin and fighting against the enemy. One comes from within our spirit and the other from without. Know what I mean?

Hope this helps...

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2006/8/5 8:07Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Re:totally free from sin...is it possible?
Dear brother,
There are sermons on this website preached by Ernest O'Neill pertaining to the questions you are seeking answers to. There are many others as well; however, I myself have been blessed listening to the insight God has given this humble man who explains sanctification, etc with simplicity and gentleness.
Also, a few verses of helpful reminder my brother are from the King James Version:
The entire chapter of Romans 6, and Hebrews 3:7-4:6, just to name a few...
Let us all serve each other well brother in a way that is pleasing to Christ Jesus...
The sermon titled "A Heart Cleansed By Faith", by Rev Ernest O'Neill:[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=8225]https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=8225[/url]
The sermon titled "A Clean Heart", by Rev Ernest O'Neill:[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=8222]https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=8222[/url]
Please pray for me that God will bless me with ears to hear His truth and the willing boldness to carry it out no matter the cost.
For what else truly matters to His servants except those things that truly matter to The Holy God of Israel...
God continually blesses His children,
richie

2006/8/5 11:20Profile
Compton

Re:

Good comments and wisdom from everyone. I am loving it more then ever when the saints look seriously to Godliness!

I believe this is true...

Quote:
you're going to have a battle inside that will war on until you draw your last breath.

However, this conflict with sin in your flesh, is quite a different matter then having a conflict with Christ in your heart, over the fierceness and resoluteness this fight requires. Many Christians I know think their double-mindedness is the battle itself, but I believe they are mistaken. We must be pure in heart in regards to our engagement to Christ, before we can ever begin confronting the corruption of sin, both within our members and in this hateful world. In spiritual warfare, violence is a virture!

Quote:
The things I loved to do I now hate!

Recently I had a converstaion with a dear trusted brother. We were confessing sins to one another. At one point he tried to console me by reminding me that even Paul sinned...indeed he said that if Paul were on the Earth today he would find struggles with many of the sins we face.

All of this may be quite true, but I did not find consolation or comfort from it. I find myself having a new heart...one that can only be consoled in purity. This is the vexation of Godliness brethren...it hurts us to sin. Telling us that we must continue sinning does not comfort the New Creation, but instead agitates us, spurring us further into the heart of Jesus Christ.

Yet sinlessness as the supreme goal, is often a metric that can become quite Spiritless if we attempt to measure by our own rulers. No wonder we can become sour, if we spend all our time looking for lemons! Instead, I like how Oswald Chambers differentates human prudeness from Christ's purity. If we would be pure of heart we must abide in the only pure heart.

So, for my contribution to the discussion of this thread, let me gently offer this: We do not find purity by seeking desperate and spasmodic moments of sinless triumph, but we seek disciplined and seamless abiding in Christ's everlasting triumph that invariably leads to true inward purity. The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. Obedience sees what reason can only imagine.

That is why I love this...
Quote:
lets just fix our thoughts on Jesus, together.

How wonderful and beautiful are those in Christ!

MC

2006/8/5 14:58Profile

Re: totaly free from sin..... is it possible?

Ho Compton! Great post, bro.

Quote:
We must be pure in heart in regards to our engagement to Christ, before we can ever begin confronting the corruption of sin, both within our members and in this hateful world. In spiritual warfare, violence is a virture!

... 'before we can begin' we must have DECIDED to follow Jesus; we must have DECIDED to stop sinning [i]IN PRINCIPLE[/i].

Recently, I've been trying to decide what James' famous words mean for my own inner (and outer) life - how I determine what is sin to me....

James 4:17 Therefore
to him that knows to do good, and does not, [b]to him it is sin[/b].

This immediately begs many questions about how we spend our time, especially if the definition of not sinning, is 'to do good'!!!

A part of me asks 'where did that come from?' And is immediately turned to Matthew 5, 6, 7 and onwards for the example of Jesus.

I have been fascinated recently to read Tyndale's introduction to his New Testament, in which he describes the clauses in the sermon on the Mount, as a 'covenants' which God offers us: eg, [i]if[/i] we will be merciful, [u]He [b]will[/b] be merciful to us[/u] (Matt 5:7 Blessed [are] the
merciful: for they [u]shall obtain[/u] mercy.)

For me, this has completely turned round my attitude to 'well-doing'. My charismatic background led me to think that unless the Holy Spirit moved on me to prompt a certain action, I should regard other urges as suspect.

According to Tyndale, this is not so.... we already know what we should do, and we should get on with it, taking the example of Jesus and His teaching as our template for action. I don't mean [i]not[/i] trusting God, and inviting the Spirit's guidance, but actually, taking the offensive against godlessness in a general way.

Recently, I discovered 1 John 4:11 - 13:

Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

I realised it fits Tyndale's exhortation exactly, and rather than depending on an awareness of the Holy Spirit [i]before[/i]hand, promises to confirm His part in our lives [i]afterwards[/i]. Amen!

Surely this is also a confirmation of His favour - which He could not bestow, if we were still 'sinning'.

I've also realised recently that under the Old Covenant, 'sins' were very specifically defined. There was no confusion in people's minds over what constituted a 'transgression'. I think one of the reasons we struggle with what we [i]think[/i] is sin, is that we don't understand God expects us to [i][b]live[/b][/i] IN HIM. This goes back to Compton's point precisely. Double-mindedness is not about whether to sin or not, it's about whether to 'engage' in a real way with salvation itself - or not.

Quote:
we seek disciplined and seamless [b]abiding in Christ's everlasting triumph that invariably leads to true inward purity[/b].

Wow! I like this a lot, because it ties in perfectly with the verse which dragged me through (literally) years of potential condemnation:

Hebrews 10
14 [b]For by one offering he [u]hath perfected for ever[/u] them that are [being] sanctified[/b] [sanctified = changed from glory into glory (2 Cor 3:18)]

15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16 This the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, [b]I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them[/b];

17 [b][u]And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more[/u][/b].

18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

21 And having an high priest over the house of God;

22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

23 Let us hold fast the profession of faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

This kind of freedom from sin doesn't mean we never wish we had done better, but, it certainly comforts the inner man with His word that He EXPECTS us to overcome, and is giving us the means to live and walk in His light, nothing doubting.

2006/8/6 9:00

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy