SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Irritated over media coverage of Israeli war...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Rahman

Re: Irritated over media coverage of Israeli war...

Sister ginnyrose ...

Thanks for the sermon link, i found it to be informative listening and hope and pray that the congregation it was shared with appreciated its message ...

2006/8/3 16:31Profile
Rahman

Brother Krispy ...

Yeah i too have noticed the same thing, but then again this isn't really a new phenomena is it? ... Seems to me the majority of other folk on this planet from the time our God first brought His Israel on the world scene have been biased against them, if not just down right prejudiced ... At least now due to an awakening in so called right wing Christianity our understanding of Israel's continued importance to God has spurred some voices "for her" even in the news media ... And not only that it seems this new love from fundamentalist Christianity toward Israel has even sparked some pretty interesting "end time" witnessing opportunities via media who know that we're watching Israel with interest from this apocraphal perspective ...

All i know is that Holy Spirit is having a field day with me in witnessing to unsaved folk on my job about what's going on now ...

i'm posting this because you/others might find it interesting (Shimon Peres just seems to give it to us plain) -

Israeli Dpty. Prime Minister Shimon Peres discusses Israel's political and military strategy in the conflict with Hezbollah and Hamas. A former Prime Minister, Mr. Peres has been active in Israeli political life for over fifty years. The Washington Institute for Near East Policy hosts the event.

8/1/2006: WASHINGTON, DC: 1 hr.
rtsp://video.c-span.org/project/intl/intl080106_israel.rm

2006/8/3 16:33Profile
Rahman

Re: new coverage

Sid D you wrote;
"Apparently the Lebanese civilians were warned and had a chance to get out ahead of time."

i've been reading/watching a great deal of news coverage from all over about this conflict ... As difficult as it is for me at times i even force myself thru listening to the Hezbollah/Syrian/Iranian side of things because i also want to be informed of their views ...

But an interesting point came up in CNN's "INSIDE HEZBOLLAH" and also in the Perez interview, this being that over time Lebanon has went from 2/3 Christian - 1/3 Muslim to now 2/3 Muslim (Shiites - same as Hezbollah & Iran) - 1/3 Christian ... Up until this radical majority shift Peres said that Israel had no beef with Lebanon ... So while many who could may have fled southern Lebanon, it seems the majority of the able bodied who've stayed behind when interviewed by media side with Hezbollah, which certainly makes me view them as less than innocent victims ...

There's an element in Lebanese society from what i see, thus far being Christians, little children, and perhaps the Lebanese Government (and i'm not sure about them) that i might classify as victims ... But as for the rest of the Shiite majority i believe that they are totally aware of Hezbollahs tactics of firing on Israel from resedential neighborhoods and they are complicit with it ... Not only that to me they seem complicit to dying in droves behind it when in such hatred they cheer the firing of Katusha rockets
into the land of folk who can and do devestatingly respond with F-16's ... It's like going up against an Uzzi with a Derringer, a scenario in my thinking only those under strong delusion would engage in ...

Blessings!

2006/8/3 16:37Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

ginnyrose

after listening to the link, I contacted the church to order the CD. definitely worth listening to and passing on.

Thanks.

2006/8/3 16:42Profile
Rahman

Here's some more audio/info on the Israel/Hezbollah conflict -

1 - Paul Salem, Carnegie Middle East Center in Beirut, Director-Designate discusses the Lebanese government and issues facing them during current Middle East conflict. He was in Beirut last month.

This has some indepth info on Lebanese society, it's government and about outside influences:
8/3/2006: WASHINGTON, DC: 30 min.
rtsp://video.c-span.org/project/intl/intl_wj080306_salem.rm

2 - Gen. Moshe Yaalon, Israeli Defense Forces talks about Israel’s military capabilities and ways to solve conflict, latest developments in fighting. The general is a visiting military scholar at Washington Institute for Near East Policy.

General states the Israel isn't even using 5% of it's military on Hezbollah -
8/3/2006: WASHINGTON, DC: 25 min.
rtsp://video.c-span.org/project/intl/intl_wj080306_yaalon.rm

This 3rd. link i tried to watch but i just couldn't get thru it ... First off i personally find it hard to listen to a so called spiritual leader who's always lifting up a gun, and secondly is responsible for starting a clash with Israel in the first place and then wants to be critical that Israel's response is a bit overboard ... And third now he wants to dictate the terms of a cease fire when he fired first ... i thank God that as a Christian i'm aware that there's more going on here than meets the natural eye regarding this lunacy ...

3 - Hezbollah Leader Nasrallah Speech on Lebanon Conflict
Hezbollah Secretary-General Hassan Nasrallah discusses the recent fighting and possible ceasefire terms.

8/3/2006: LEBANON: 45 min.
rtsp://video.c-span.org/project/intl/intl080306_hezbollah.rm

2006/8/4 14:46Profile

roadsign said:

Quote:
An interuption: Two days ago CBC news covered an interview with a high-ranking Israeli official. So we saw it from his point of view. Apparently the Lebanese civilians were warned and had a chance to get out ahead of time.

This is true. We heard a lot about it in the UK.

Also, there are (or were), 10,000 ex-pat Britons in southern Lebanon, who had to decide what to do. A British Navy ship went to act as a staging post and those who wanted to, were airlifted out. (Others chose to stay, or move north.)

We heard a very touching interview with a 12 year old called Hussein, who is English, who was on holiday there with many other family members, whom he did not want to leave, especially as there was still food, water and electricity and apparently little danger (at that point). But, his parents were doing their best to sound calm while they and his sister encouraged him to come home while he could. (I don't know if he did.)

2006/8/5 10:39

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy