SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Pray for CUBA!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Pray for CUBA!

Cuba's dictator, Fidel Castro, is in very poor health. Hopefully this indicates a major change in the government of Cuba... which may lead to an open door for the gospel of Jesus Christ!

We need to watch this carefully and be in prayer!

Krispy

2006/8/1 9:58
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Pray for CUBA!

As long a the change in government isn't communist. Who is to say who will take over, that is if that is going to happen? We'll just have to watch events and see what happens. God bless.

2006/8/1 10:11Profile

Re:

Cuba is already Communist, and the religious opression there is awful. I believe when Castro dies there very well could be a revolt of the people... and will more than likely be backed by the American government. Castro has been a thorn in our government's side for 40 years. I'm sure our government is watching this very closely.

Krispy

2006/8/1 10:29
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

It is because Cuba is communist, and has been for 40 years that I don't think a change in leadership will make much difference, if any. What else have they known for the past 40 years? His death might not change a thing. Hopefully it will. Why should the American government get involved? They are involved with Iraq, Israel and Lebanon, their own home troubles. They can't police the world. God help us all. He is the only one who can. God bless.

2006/8/1 10:56Profile

Re:

Who knows what all our government is involved in? Cuba is a little different than Iraq... since it's 90 miles away from the US mainland.

I dont think we would do a military action there, but the CIA has been applying political pressure there for 4 decades.

[b]ANYWAY...[/b] all I'm saying is that with Castro hopefully out of the way, doors of opportunities will open up. Politics are meaningless. We need to be praying for God's will in this. And His will is that none should parish, but come to salvation.

I used to get caught up in politics and all that. I've found that it is a distraction from what we are called to do, which is to preach the gospel. We should vote, and be informed, but if we spend a great deal of time debating political issues... what eternal value is there in that?

Krispy

2006/8/1 11:02
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re:

It would be great to see doors opened in Cuba for the Gospel. I saw that Castro delegated power to his brother, i don't know what this man's views are. But along this line, when it comes to politics, i'm a firm believer that one man on his knees in earnest prayer can do more than 10,000 voters. Remember Elijah?

Quote:
I used to get caught up in politics and all that. I've found that it is a distraction from what we are called to do, which is to preach the gospel. We should vote, and be informed, but if we spend a great deal of time debating political issues... what eternal value is there in that?

Amen. It's refreshing to see that coming from another American.

2006/8/1 11:35Profile

Re:

Quote:
Amen. It's refreshing to see that coming from another American.

Yeah, politics isnt the only distraction God has been dealing with me about. I coach football... but God really spoke to me about taking a year off from coaching for two reasons: 1) to spend more time in the Word, and 2) to witness and spread the gospel among the other parents who sit in the stands. For two hours every evening there are hundreds of parents milling around while their kids practice football... and God has shown me that that is my mission field for the next 5 months.

We need to ask God for wisdom concerning what is important to Him, and what is a waste of time.

Krispy

2006/8/1 11:51
demarks

MS

Re: Pray for CUBA!

God has blessed Good News Jail & Prison Ministry with the opportunity to train a Cuban minister to be the regional director of prison chaplains in Cuba. This same minister is helping us to go to Venezuela and do the same thing. His name is Benito Lauzurique Hubbard. He is Good News Director of Cuba. We now have a Good News director in Venezuela (Maria Quiroz) and 37 new Good News Chaplains there.
You can find out more about Good News Jail & Prison Ministry at www.goodnewsjail.org.

2006/8/1 12:23Profile
roadsign

Re: God's work in Cuba

Quote:
…which may lead to an open door for the gospel of Jesus Christ!

Quote:
As long as the change in government isn't communist.

Communism never stopped the growth of God’s Church in China, in fact, quite the opposite. Yet, I would not wish to live under those conditions.

Maybe it’s the governments that accept Christianity that are the most dangerous. (remember Constantine?)

Governments might be able to control religious gatherings and various expressions of faith, but they can’t control what people choose to believe. That’s what makes Christians so frustrating. They can’t be controlled, because they don’t rely on anything that can be taken away from them.

Quote:
, when it comes to politics, i'm a firm believer that one man on his knees in earnest prayer can do more than 10,000 voters. Remember Elijah?

Amen.

Quote:
...Benito Lauzurique Hubbard. He is Good News Director of Cuba

May God bless and protect Benito Hubbard, and give him courage and opportunities to share his faith. May Hubbard have an effective ministry.

Diane

2006/8/1 12:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy