SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Resurrection nationality?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
WorldView

Davao, Philippines

Re:

Quote:

Christinyou wrote:
You have No fruit, you have no water, you have no life. You and I are nothing and never could be. There is only one life, that is Christ.
There is only one Tree, that is Christ, there is only one Fruit, that is Christ. We have been born again and Christ is in us. You have no right to use what God has birthed in you and make anything out of it except what God says it is. Christ is the living water no mater what you do with it. I choose to make Him everything that He is and live my life for the Father by the Power of His Son. The Holy Spirit says by the word of God that Jesus Christ is our life and we have no other. Run dry if you want, I choose to drink from the well of Life, Jesus Christ. He is the life that God wants to live through us. Choose pollution if you want, Christ in us is pure, Perfect, and the life we now live. Don't use your stagnant and polluted well to tell others that they cannot live a life in Christ that is not only pleasing to the Father because of the Christ that He has birthed in you. That is not believing that Christ and what He did on the Cross is enough to make you as Christ is, I said, AS Christ not The Christ. The only reason it won't is because no one will hear what God is saying to His son's, just like Israel who heard Him and saw Him and killed Him.

I assume nothing, I know that the life flowing out of me is Christ. Whether it be ROM 6:22 or Rev. It is the same Living Water and it is Christ, and it is already in my belly flowing AND giving life To all that would see Christ in me The Hope of Glory. Don't say, You are not Christ, absolutely I am Not But He that is in me Is Jesus Christ the Son of God. This is the life I choose to live in the Quickened Flesh the HOLY SPIRIT HAS SEALED ME INTO HIM.

In Christ: Phillip

see...I like that. Good post. Very passionate.

Keith

2006/8/3 3:04Profile

Re: Resurrection nationality?

More succinctly, the question in my leading post is, basically, 'Is Jesus (humanly speaking), [b]Jewish[/b] now?'

I've also been thinking about what it means to be a Jew inwardly - circumcised in heart - believing - and realise the whole of Jesus' teaching, particularly beginning with the sermon on the Mount (Matt 5), defines (for those of us who were not bound by the Old Covenant law) what and how God hopes to achieve our [u]inward[/u] Jewishness.

This is putting a whole new spin on the importance of Jesus' teachings, for me.... that is, the [i][b]meaning[/i][/b] of them.

It is relatively easy to remind and exhort each other how we are to build our houses upon the Rock of His word(s), but when it comes to the out-living-and-working of these teachings, ARE we really [i][b]doing[/i][/b] what it means to [i][b]be abiding in the Vine[/i][/b]?

2006/8/6 9:47
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

2Cr 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we [Him] no more.

With Christ in us, we are not even to know each other in the flesh. If I were an Israelite in the flesh and I believed that Jesus was the Son of God I would be saved and no more an Israelite, but a Christ Person in the Spirit. "henceforth know we Him no more."
There is neither Jew or Gentile Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

I would say we are called Christ-ones, Christians.

The only time Jesus could be considered a Jew is when He sits on the Throne of David in the New Jerusalem in His Millennial Reign over the earth and the Bride of Christ already having attended the Wedding feast and the Judgment Seat of Christ, reigning with Him. He reigning over the earth and the 12,000 from each tribe being His Israel by Kingship and His Father's choosing them as His people of Israel, may be considered the final Jewish King. The bride of Christ being with Him may be also by heir-ship for 1000 years called the subjects of the King, being adopted son's of His Father and the Kings brothers and sisters by birth.

We are not Jews now and either is Jesus now. Possibly in the millennial Kingdom. Not my Call.
Jesus is sitting at the right hand of His Father on His Throne, as we are seated with Him in heavenly places. Is the Father's Throne called Jerusalem or Jewish? I don't know.

2006/8/7 22:16Profile

Phillip said:

Quote:
We are not Jews now

Phillip,

I think there is a conflict between our outer identity as we are now - with a 'nationality' - and our inward identity which is undoubtedly 'Jewish'.

After I'd posted the last time, I realised how this second scripture below ties in with everything I've been thinking about in this thread.

(NKJV) Romans 2:29
but [he is] a Jew who [is one] inwardly; and circumcision [is that] of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise [is] not from men but from God.

(KJV) Luke 17:21
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! [b]For, behold, the kingdom of God is [i]within[/i] you[/b].

2006/8/12 12:01
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

2Cr 5:17 Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

If I might extend the statement, "We are not Jews now," I would also add or later. We are new creatures in Christ Jesus. In ROM 2 when Paul said it is not the outward that makes you a Jew but the inward circumcision of the heart. Paul is speaking to Jews and reminding them that it has nothing to do with their circumcision, which would have cut them to the heart, for that was their greatest claim to Godliness, we are of our Father Abraham, Paul is seeking to show them that now in Christ it is of their birthing Father by the Christ born again in them that is their inward circumcision in their soul that makes them new creatures in Christ Jesus. We cannot and should not claim anything that has to do with the nationality, inward or outward that has anything to do with the old Jewish outer claim of making us God's children. We are new creatures in Christ Jesus and if we claim anything as unto Godliness it can only be in Christ Jesus, who is no longer a Jewish person outwardly. Jesus is not called or claiming that He is the Son of the Jewish God, He is claiming that He is the Son of our Father, His and ours. Remember who Paul is speaking to in reference to being a Jew inward or outward.

We are Christ Person's as I see it, we are not Jewish Christ Person's. New creatures in Christ Jesus I believe makes us Christ-ones, that is Christians, who were first called Christians in Antioch, not Jewish Christians which seems to be the body of Christs' new thing in bringing back all the old works of the Law and self outward doing of all that made Israel Jewish, but we are called Christians. Acts 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch. In Christ, Christ in, making us born again Christ-ones and one's in Christ, Christians. CristianoV Christianos khris-tee-an-os'

from 5547; a Christian, i.e. follower of Christ:--Christian.

I am not a Jew outwardly or am I a Jew inwardly, but a new creature in Christ Jesus who is my life and all that believe in Christ as the Son of the Living God.

2006/8/14 15:47Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

We that are in Christ, born again, saved, will never thirst. We don't need to drink for the river.

"shall give" is a weak rendering of the Greek word 1325. didomi, a better rendering would be I give him.
Search for G1325 in KJVSL
didwmi didomi did'-o-mee

a prolonged form of a primary verb (which is used as an alternative in most of the tenses); to give (used in a very wide application, properly, or by implication, literally or figuratively; greatly modified by the connection):--adventure, bestow, bring forth, commit, deliver (up), give, grant,

What does all this signify? Why do you say that 'shall give' is a 'weak rendering'. The verb is certainly 'didomi' which simply means 'to give'. But your translation would be quite wrong as you have put it into the present tense whereas John 4:14 has it in the future tense.

Consequently, 'I shall (or will) give' is an excellent translation of the verb δωσω:
Tense: future
Voice: active
Mood: indicative
Person: first
Number: singular

δωσω is simply the first person singular of the verb didomi in the future tense.

2006/8/16 13:44Profile

OK. The question 'Is Jesus Jewish now?' hasn't sparked any discussion. How about this one?

If you're American (now), [b]will you be American[/b] [u]in the resurrection[/u]?

2006/8/19 8:59
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Sister asked:

Quote:
If you're American (now), will you be American in the resurrection?

I have thought about this thread for a couple of days. I believe that this speaks to those who are righteous (Jews) and to those who are living according to the vain traditions of their fathers. I believe these vain traditions speak to the aspects of culture. In 1 Peter 1;

1Pet. 1:17 And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear; 18 knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you 21 who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.

In this section of Scripture we find that Peter defines two hopes. One is founded in that which is learned from this fallen world. The second is founded upon Christ. The first group placed their hope in the things that can never satisfy. The second found refuge in all that comes from God through Christ.

The substance of what one hopes for defines what one becomes. Peter exhorts those he is writing to...

1Pet. 1:13 Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 14 as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; 15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”

A jew that is circumsized of heart is one who has been transformed into the image of Christ. All begin ignorant, conformed to their lusts. But for those who take on salvation that is found in Christ, those who are obedient, these are conformed to the image of Christ. Thus a jew that is circumsized of heart is one who is holy. For Paul teaches this aspect in Romans 11:

Rom. 11:16 For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches.

In this teaching, Paul defines for us the nature of those who are defined as the branches in God's kingdom. These branches are holy because God declares it so. Righteousness is found by all those who have recieve His promise. The fruit of righteousness brings about a seperation of what one once hoped for and now what one thirsts for.

The unity of Christ comes to those who find the vainity of holding onto the traditions of their fathers repulsive.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/8/21 7:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy