SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayers for Ma

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re: Prayers for Ma

I'm glad to hear how well your mother is doing. :-)

Quote:
Hope I can incorporate (or is it recruit?)and reflect off of this some intercession for our brother here PLEASE PRAY It seems it has become a particular burden and seeing how effective all your prayers have been ... If the Lord leads.

Amen. Praying for that brother and his family too.

2006/8/4 13:57Profile
mamaluk

Mike,

I will continue to pray for HIS mercy and grace upon her. Your mom would be proud to see the work you try to do here on SI.

Warmest regards to this godly lady! May God place much peace on your heart.
mamaluk

2006/8/4 14:48Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Prayers for Ma

Just returned from a visit and ...
My dad (Pa) had been there earlier, checking my email he had sent out to everyone part of it stated;

"WHAT A DIFFERNECE!!" sums it up all to well, my dad is not given to these sorts of exclamations.

Friends, I had\have tears of joy! She is doing just incredibly well, speaking, movement... whatever concern about some weakness on her right side was quickly elimanted when she thrust out her arm and practically knocked out the IV...

We may have to have her strapped to the bed elsewise she will be up walking around the ICU! :-)

Amazing mom.

Amazing Lord!

Thank you Jesus!

Thank you saints!

2006/8/4 16:41Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

PRAISE GOD, Mike! That is wonderful news! We will continue to pray, so please continue to keep us updated.

:-)

2006/8/4 18:25Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Please saints, keep our brother Aaron in your prayers ...

Am humbling myself here and asking if the Lord leads to pray for this situation, I honestly do not know how or even 'what' to pray ...

My mother is dying. Saw her this past weekend and she is not doing very well ... I knew it before the news came and the results of a couple of tests ... Will let my father express it;

"They have decided to discontinue chemotherapy since it doesn't work on her. She has tumors on her lungs, liver and on some of the bones. Radiology is out of the question since the cancers are so widespread. Other techniques that have been used are not suitable for people who have had tumors on the brain. The doctor thinks she may have less than a year to live."

The first thing that came up in my hearing upon hearing what I had already ... figured to be true was;

Jos 23:14 And, behold, this day [i][b]I am going the way of all the earth[/b][/i]: and ye know in all your hearts and in all your souls, that not one thing hath failed of all the good things which the LORD your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, and not one thing hath failed thereof.

A lot of details missing, but we are not coming apart at the seams or overwrought if I could put it that way ... I just again, do not know how to pray ... maybe I do, maybe it's the finality of it all ... Strength, peace, understanding for my Ma and my Pa, words or even better the Lords reflection without them from this one...

2007/1/25 10:37Profile
Rahman

Bro Mike. i don't know how i missed this when you first posted it? ... :-o

You initially wrote;
"My mom's name is Lynn or Lyndel, to me she is Ma ..."

Man that just sums it all up right there ... Praying for Ma, your family and for you bro ...

You wrote;
"A lot of details missing, but we are not coming apart at the seams or overwrought if I could put it that way ..."

i'm thinking from how you write that Ma and your family are all saved ... If not (she's of most concern due to the situation) then that'd be my first priority ... i got a thing about my family that even in life if they profess Christ, if i find out that their deathly ill, i go on a mission to really find out because i love them and want to see them again, and i sure don't want any of my fam to end up in hell ... i hope i'm not being to spiritually clinical here in this tough time, but like i've had to tell members of my family this is about "eternity"! ... It don't get no more important! ...

Now on the other hand if we're talking already saved, yeah this hurts now, and will later (my Dad's gone on), BUT!!! ... i don't have to tell you bro, you already know what keys Christ Jesus came up with when He busted the bottom out of Hades ... He's got ALL POWER in His hands! ... So if Ma is about to go home to Him this is but a temporary interuption to a future re-unification of eternal bliss, where you and Ma, me and you, and all our other brothers and sisters will reign and rule with Him, with no possibility of ever getting sick, or having to face death again ... Oh bless His Holy name! ...

Bless God that you and you family are not coming apart at the seems, we who have the hope of glory ain't supposed to, but even so some times we do, and if we do God will work a Rom. 8:28 out of that too ... When my Dad went on i was stoic at his funeral, but about 4 months later i broke down like a child actually bawling out loud, "i want my Dad back, i don't have a father anymore" ... In the midst of doing that i heard God say to me, "Yes you do, the same One you had before him" ... It interupted my crying, and made me sit up and take notice how much reverence for my earthly father i had before my heavenly ... i've come to the conclusion that there are some spiritual lessons we'll never learn about the love of our heavenly parent for us until we experience the passing on of our earthly ... But i can tell you this true, if you let Him, if you rest in Him, He'll fill the void, and your relationship with Him will take on a higher dimension you never even thought about ...

You continued;
"I just again, do not know how to pray ... maybe I do, maybe it's the finality of it all ... Strength, peace, understanding for my Ma and my Pa, words or even better the Lords reflection without them from this one..."

Bro when i can't pray, or don't know what/how to pray, i do one of or two things ... i either start praising God like all get out for all His riches and mercies, or i just begin to moan and let Holy Ghost say before Him what i can't find audible words to say ... Often a do a combo of both, determined by which one i start out with first ...

He that cometh to God must believe that He is and that He is a REWARDER ... He does, whenever like on Family Fued we make Him our final answer ... We can do, and get thru all things, thru Christ Jesus who strengthens us ... It's like an old saint told me once during a shaky period in my walk, "What's the use of being a believer, if you're not gonna believe"? ... i may not know you personally bro Mike, but i know you are a BELIEVER ...

May the soothing love of Jesus and His perfect peace which surpasses all understanding be wrapped around you and yours in the comforting embrace of God the Holy Spirit ... In Jesus name ... Amen

Thank God for Jesus at times like this! ... Rom. 8: 35-39 ... ;-)

Bro R ---

2007/1/25 12:06Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Mike, I will add your parents to my prayers.

2007/1/25 12:16Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Prayers for Ma

Dear saints,

My Ma is dead. Had come by today at lunch to see her, gave her a kiss... and she was already gone. My dad was eating his lunch in the kitchen and she must have died within minutes before or even as I arrived.

I just knew it earlier this morning, I just knew.
Thank you all for your prayers. She is truly home now.

2007/2/6 19:51Profile

May the God of peace comfort you and your family during this time.
I'm praying for you all.

2007/2/6 20:06
Nellie

Re:

May God be with all of you, Mike.
It's hard losing your Mother.
Mine died in 98.
I can say without reservation, that God will help you.
Nellie

2007/2/6 21:21Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy