SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Please pray for Mel Gibson

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re:

Quote:
If repentance was preached ahead of the coming of the King in grace, what needs to be preached ahead of His coming in glory? "Repent!"

Amen. What were His last words to the Church in Revelation? "Repent!"

2006/7/31 19:59Profile

Sister Dorcas

Pretty disheartening on the off road direction this thread took. I said, "disheartening", but not surprising.

people just love stones and they love religion, put the two together, and what do you get?

a stoning, which is just a miserable blood soaked cruel affair.

thats okay, I prayed for Mel, if anyone else did, Bless God.

2006/7/31 20:43
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Sister Dorcas

You prayed for Mel? I didn't. Can't say it was on my mind, let alone my heart. Definitely not a burden. I do pray for those in prison in China whom I have never met. They are on my mind and heart, so the desire to pray for them is there. I guess Mr Gibson is on your mind and heart, hence the desire to pray. God bless.

2006/8/1 3:35Profile
WorldView

Davao, Philippines

Re:

Look beneath the surface. The movie that Mel Gibson made has had a huge impact on people's lives and brought many to salvation.

Guess what, satan is still ticked-off about it. The movie was a BIG reminder to the entire world of satan's defeat.

So what does satan do to retaliate? He goes after the producer and director of the movie who is in the public spotlight. He thinks that maybe somehow he can discredit the man and by that discredit Christianity.

Satan has sent many demonic hosts to try to destroy the life of Mel Gibson in any way possible. I cannot image what he has been going through lately has has driven him to a breaking point. I wonder how long many other peple would be able to withstand without incident the demonic resistanc that he is facing?

Face it, people screw up. We have victory over satan but we can all testify to having triped flat on our faces at times. Mel Gibson just did it in the public spotlight. Should we look at every time you have stumbled and heap condemnation your way?

2006/8/1 4:26Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Quote:

WorldView wrote:
So what does satan do to retaliate? He goes after the producer and director of the movie who is in the public spotlight. He thinks that maybe somehow he can discredit the man and by that discredit Christianity.

I must agree with this statement wholeheartedly... for satan has deceived me many times as well, and yet now, I sit here in tears being ashamed of the things I have done. I choose to be merciful(Luke 6:36). May God grant him repentance (2Tim 2:24-26). Let us pray that the Lord will grant Mel a powerful revelation of Himself - the Truth that sets captives free.
God bless you all,
Let us love others as Christ loves us,
richie

2006/8/1 7:46Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

[i]“And who is my neighbour?”[/i] (Luke 10:29). Jesus gives an amazing reply, viz., that the answer to the question, “Who is my neighbour?” is not to be found in the claim of the person to be loved, but in the heart of the one who loves. If my heart is right with God, every human being is my neighbour. There is engrained in the depths of human nature a dislike of the general ruck of mankind, in spite of all our modern jargon about “loving Humanity.” We have a disparaging way of talking about the common crowd: the common crowd is made up of innumerable editions of you and me. Ask the Holy Spirit to enable your mind to brood for one moment on the value of the “nobody” to Jesus.

Oswald Chambers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An out take from a larger chapter ...

2006/8/1 7:56Profile
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Re:

Quote:
You prayed for Mel? I didn't. Can't say it was on my mind, let alone my heart. Definitely not a burden. I do pray for those in prison in China whom I have never met. They are on my mind and heart, so the desire to pray for them is there. I guess Mr Gibson is on your mind and heart, hence the desire to pray. God bless.

I hope that God desires us to pray for not only the people in china, but also for Mel Gibson.

I pray that he repents, and if he does, we need to support him, because this could happen to all of us, including David.

*WARNING, OFF SUBJECT A LITTLE BIT*

The only problem I had with the passion, is that it really didnt show how much Jesus really suffered, the physical pain was nothing compare to what he had to go through being foresaken by the father. I wish the movie emphasized that point, but it didnt, hence in a way, I feel that satan won, but then again, one of my good friends came to christ after watching the movie. It was a good way for christians to get conversations going about the gospel, so praise god.

2006/8/1 8:35Profile

Re:

Quote:
How did you determine that Mel Gibson needed to get saved? How did you know that he had not already been saved? Did you use the tests of First John and come to that conclusion from the Scriptures or did you "look into his heart"?

From the mouth the heart speaks... and Mel Gibson has made it plainly clear that his faith is in the blasphemous ordinances of the Roman Catholic Church, and in Mary.

I dont hate Mel Gibson. I'm merely stating that if his faith is in anything other than Jesus Christ, and Him alone, he is not a saved man. Period. He needs to get saved.

He has stated where his faith lies, and it's not in Jesus.

Now, I love Mel Gibson. One of my all time favorite movies is The Patriot. I love Braveheart as well. We Were Soldiers was a great movie too.

Label me judgemental for stating the truth if you would like too... I dont care. We all need to be praying for his salvation

As for someone being born again and struggling with hatred... I'm speaking as one who has experienced it first hand. After I was saved I struggled with issues of racism in my heart, and it took a long time to overcome because it was engrained in me deeply. It's hard to break free from generations of racism. And growing up in rural North Carolina... we didnt know it was wrong! I do now, praise be to God! He set me free from that wretched sin, but it wasnt overnight. So for anyone who wants to argue this point, my own personal testimony bears witness to the fact that what I am saying is true.

Krispy

2006/8/1 8:50
W_D_J_D

Re:

1Jo 2:8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
1Jo 2:9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
1Jo 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
1Jo 2:11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

1Jo 3:13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
1Jo 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
1Jo 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
1Jo 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
1Jo 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

1Jo 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
1Jo 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
1Jo 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
1Jo 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.
1Jo 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
1Jo 4:21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

I think thats pretty clear......still in hate my friend? Get saved.......

2006/8/1 9:34Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Whilst right now it might be popular to pray for Mr Gibson, will anyone be praying a year from now for him? 6 months from now? A month? I doubt it. Out of sight, out of mind. He's in the news just now. When the next celebrity is on the news, will we pray for them until the next one is on the scene, and then the next and then...
See what I mean. God bless.

2006/8/1 10:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy