Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Eternal Security

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Nasher

Watford, UK

Re:

Let's say a man becomes a Christian - he is baptised with the Holy Spirit into Christ's death, burial and resurrection and placed into His body - the Church, he is now a Justified son of God

Let's say for arguments sake this man now didn't want to be a son of God, how can God Unjustify/Unadopt him?

2003/8/5 6:03Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:
Let's say for arguments sake this man now didn't want to be a son of God, how can God Unjustify/Unadopt him?

Man would be found "unjustified" when he ceases to live by faith. For justification can only come by faith.

I'm not sure I like the term "unadopt" (as I don't know of any biblical usage of the word), but rather, you have individuals like Esau who sold their inheritance for a single meal. You also have individuals like the prodigal son who simply choose to abandon their Father's house for the things of this world. You also have lazy slaves, whose master has gone out on a long journey, and think their master is not coming for a long time.

For that matter, the Bible teaches in 1 John that we show who our father is based on who we live for, either satan or God. So, I suppose that might be an example of being "unadopted."

2003/8/5 10:50Profile
Zapthycat

Livermore, CA

Re:

How can God "unadopt" us? Read Romans 11.

Verse 20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. 22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

This is a perfect example of how we live and walk, God can and will "unadopt" if we reject him and allow sin to reign in our lives.

Read all of Romans 11. It's an excellent chapter on just how we are not supposed to neglect our salvation, lest we lose it...

2003/8/6 0:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy