SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Some info on Lebanon/Hezbollah ...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Rahman

Some info on Lebanon/Hezbollah ...

i'm posting this for anyone who'd like to understand a bit more who Hezbollah is, why and how it's place and hold in Lebanon, and it's sybiotic relationship to Iran thru Syria ...

i believe it's by our Lord's design that He's brought me to such great interest in such things as the REVIVAL to His Church, the American/world economy and the Israeli/Arab conflict, and that i share it here on SI to the benefit of others He's also sparked such interest in ...

i tell you it's really amazing how all these things are linked together, and the Israeli/Arab conflic especially because it's as ancient as the Bible we believe in as the Word of God ...

Be informed!

Rafiq Hariri and the Fate of Lebanon
Marwan Iskandar
Watch
http://www.booktv.org/publiclives/index.asp?schedid=441&segid=7281

"Who’s Behind Hezbollah? The Role of Syria and Iran."
Heritage Foundation Discussion on Hezbollah
Speakers include Patrick Clawson, Deputy Director, Washington Institute for Near East Policy; Aaron Mannes, Author, Profiles in Terror; Daniel Pipes, Director, Middle East Forum and Ariel Cohen, Heritage Foundation
7/26/2006: WASHINGTON, DC: 1 hr.
rtsp://video.c-span.org/project/intl/intl072606_heritage.rm

Discussion on Hezbollah
Hadi Semati, University of Tehran, Political Science Professor
Hadi Semati, University of Tehran, Political Science Professor, discusses Hezbollah. Mr. Semati will explain the basic tenants of Hezbollah and what part it plays in various aspects of Middle East politics. Professor Semati is currently a public policy scholar at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.
30 min.
rtsp://video.c-span.org/project/intl/intl_wj072706_semati.rm

PS - The best insight i've gained so far about Hezbollah has been thru C-Cpan's "INSIDE HEZBOLLAH" ... One really has to pay attention as they really break down the divisions between Shite and Sunni in the Arab/Muslim nations and how they inter-react (often violently) with one another ... So much intrigue and intricacy amongst the descendants of Ishmael until in attempting to follow it and gain some deeper understanding of the players it can elicit a real headache ... But God knows i like to know as much as possible ... If you do to then you'll want to try to catch this program:

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/presents/

http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/07/26/cnnpce.inside.hezbollah/index.html

2006/7/28 12:36Profile
Rahman

Re: Seems Like Strong Delusion ...

i was watching a news program last night and the
Hezbollah leader was declaring the ceasefire a victory for Hezbollah ...

Right after that they showed video of the Shiite population coming back into southern Lebanon, praising a Hezbollah victory also, amongst all the devestation done to their infrastructure ... In fact they showed one town of 7,000 in which the Israeli military engaged Hezbollah fighters who were so entrenched they just leveled the whole town via airstrike ... i mean in biblical speak, like a stone not being left upon a stone ...

It became really clear to me that Hezbollah and their supporters view of a victory is much different than mine ... i know Hezbollah got a few in on N. Israel with their Katusha's, but S. Lebanon is in ruins ...

2006/8/15 16:06Profile
Rahman

Re: New info on Sheik Nasrallah & Hezbollah ...

i viewed some very graphic pictures on an Arab website of Lebanon and the destruction incured there, people blown apart, crushed under rubble, bodies of all sizes wrapped in Labanese flags ... And this is nothing in comparison to what the Revelation promises for wicked mankind! ... Lord Jesus! ...

But again i can only come to the conclusion that Hezbollah and their supporters have to be under very strong delusion to define such loss as victory ...

Here's another audio file ...

Annia Ciezadlo, The New Republic, Beirut-based Writer discusses Hezbollah’s leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah and the future of Hezbollah post the Middle East Conflict.
8/15/2006: WASHINGTON, DC: 25 min.

rtsp://video.c-span.org/project/intl/intl_wj081506_ciezadlo.rm

2006/8/16 18:19Profile
Rahman

Syria warns against deployment of troops ...

As if the Israeli/Hezbollah cease fire isn't fragile enough, now Syria is rumbling against the international troops supposedly coming in to keep the peace ...

[b]Syria warns against deployment of troops -[/b]
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060823/ap_on_re_mi_ea/lebanon_israel

There's just no getting along with the majority of the descendants of Ishmael it seems, but then it was prophesied as such so no wonder ...

Gen.16
[11] And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction.
[12] And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.

Just as it seems amongst ancient folks, ancient slights never die either ...

Gen. 17:
[18] And Abraham said unto God, O that Ishmael might live before thee!
[19] And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
[20] And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.
[21] [b]BUT[/b] my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.

That [b]BUT[/b] way back then still has the lineage of Ishmael twisted in an abused stepchild syndrome now, with all it's subsequent demonically charged consequences ...

Interesting times we're living in!

2006/8/23 13:49Profile
Compton

Re: Syria warns against deployment of troops ...

Yes Rhaman,

It seems the UN just can't figure out how to lead without upsetting someone. They keep trying though. Who are the offended parties this time?

Syria...

Quote:
Hezbollah's vast arsenal of rockets and other weapons, much of which is believed to originate in Iran, reaches the guerrillas across the Syrian border.

If I was trying to keep my borders open for trucks of Iran's military supplies to Hollapaloozah, I wouldn't want a blockade either.

And then France poses a riddle to Israel.

Quote:
"The Israelis cannot ask UNIFIL to disarm Hezbollah. This is not written in our mandate," French Maj. Gen. Alain Pellegrini, the UNIFIL commander, told reporters at force headquarters in Naqoura, Lebanon..

It's funny how everyone was upset at the US for not getting UN support for it's actions...but who is supporting the UN now? Especially France...isn't this their moment to show how an enlightened government deals with the mid-east?

Quote:
France currently leads UNIFIL but disappointed the U.N. by pledging only to double its 200-strong contingent. French Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin said Wednesday his country wanted "to go further once the conditions are right."

Hopefully France will keep everyone posted on when the 'conditions are right' in the mid-east. The whole world waits with eager anticipation at the prospect.

Edit: The only party that doesn't seem offended here is Hezbullah. What do they have to be so happy about?

O pray for the peace of Jerusalem...even with selfish motives if need be.

MC

2006/8/23 19:36Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy