SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Greatest Christian Book Ever Written? (besides The Bible)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
(I'm still reading it over and over, probably because it didn't get through my thick skull until the fourth try around.)

There is a great fruitfulness in reading and mediating on a powerful book like this over and over again! till it get buried deep in your soul. Whitfield suggested to his disciples to read 'matthew henrys commentary' on their knees. Are we desperate to know God to honour Him and understand about divine things?

2004/1/15 19:38Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

eagles wings said:
"If I could only bring one book to that proverbial desert island, (besides the Bible and Strong's Concordance), it would probably be Nee's "The Normal Christian Life". (I'm still reading it over and over, probably because it didn't get through my thick skull until the fourth try around.)"
Ditto. :-D
Clutch ;-)

2004/1/16 4:01Profile
Alexis

Cyprus

Re:

I also highly recommend "The Normal Christian Life" because it covers some very basic yet fundamental teachings for really getting on in your walk with God. As the title suggests it talks about what the "Normal" christian life is all about and will be of great help especially if you are struggling with sin.

2004/1/16 5:40Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

If I might read only one book beside the Bible, I would choose 'The Christian in Complete Armour.'
-John Newton (1725-1807)
[i]Converted slave trader who wrote 'Amazing Grace'[/i]

2004/1/16 5:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy