SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Six Resolutions by William Booth

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Six Resolutions by William Booth

[b]Six Resolutions by William Booth[/b]

Six Resolutions

by William Booth at age 20

2006/7/22 17:59Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re: Six Resolutions by William Booth

That's pretty interesting... I'm 20, and I think I may write my own personal resolutions and stick them in my Bible to look over daily.

I have George Whitefield's 15 Resolutions in a book at the house, those are good too.

2006/7/22 18:10Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

At age 15: God shall have all there is of William Booth.

At age 20: I will (1) rise every morning sufficiently early … and have a few minutes, not less than five, in private prayer; (2) avoid all the babbling and idle talking in which I have lately so sinfully indulged; (3) endeavour … to conduct myself as a humble, meek, and zealous follower of the bleeding Lamb, and by serious conversation and warning endeavour to lead [others] to think of their immortal souls; (4) read no less than four chapters in God’s word every day; (5) strive to live closer to God, and to seek after holiness of heart, and leave providential events with God; (6) read this over every day or at least twice a week. God help me, enable me to cultivate a spirit of self-denial and to yield myself a prisoner of love to the Redeemer of the world.

2006/7/23 17:34Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re:

Quote:
At age 15: God shall have all there is of William Booth.

What a statement. Had i made that decision when i was 15, the past 5 years of my life would have been different. Being now 20 myself, this has challenged me to make a list of resolutions.

2006/7/24 23:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy