SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prophetic Credentials II

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
PosterThread
psalm1

Re:

Littlegift, he was quoting me. I probably stuck my foot in my mouth again.
I am so thankful the U.S. has not suffered another attack.
I do thank God regularly for his protection. I erroneously assumed others were of the same mindset.
WE are at war.
The muslims are infiltrating my nation with specific plans to wreak havoc on this nation.
I am amazed that we have not been hit and I just assumed everyone else was too.

My bad

David

2008/1/5 13:35Profile
psalm1

Re:

littlegift, there is a joke among the prophets.
Three prophets are walking down the sidewalk. One prophet says to the other two,"look at that dog with one eye!" The other two covered one eye with their hand and said "where?"
Ha Ha

David

2008/1/5 14:06Profile
psalm1

Re:

Littlegift, Ok ok...Just one more joke and then I absolutely insist we turn back to our wrinkled foreheads.
Two prophets approach each other and extend their hands for a handshake. One prophet says to the other "your doing fine.How am I?"

David

2008/1/5 14:13Profile

Re:

Quote:

psalm1 wrote:
Paul west, If there is such a thing as 5 fold ministry then the office of prophet is as viable as the other 4 .
Different people have different callings.
Mine may be different than yours.
That doesn't mean it wrong ......just different.

David, read my comments a few pages back, on the "ministry gifts". Do you agree or disagree?

Of course "the office of prophet is as viable as the other 4". I don't think anyone is saying otherwise.

You seem on the defensive here, but surely there's no need?

However, as Annie, I think, said, the focus has to be JESUS, not the prophet.

"Different people have different callings.
Mine may be different than yours.
That doesn't mean it wrong ......just different."

True, I don't know what your gifts may be. I don't know what mine are either any more :-D

Does it matter?

Who cares, as long as we obey the Lord and do what He shows us, as Jesus did?

in Him

Jeannette

2008/1/5 14:25

Re:

Quote:

psalm1 wrote:
I am so thankful the U.S. has not suffered another attack.
I do thank God regularly for his protection. I erroneously assumed others were of the same mindset.

Why erroneously? I haven't read all the posts in detail but haven't seen any hint that others would disagree with you.

Quote:

WE are at war.
The muslims are infiltrating my nation with specific plans to wreak havoc on this nation.
I am amazed that we have not been hit and I just assumed everyone else was too.

We are indeed at war! I just didn't know what sort of hit you were talking about.

It's the same in the UK - remember the London bombings? Nowhere near the horror of the Twin Towers of course, but on the same lines...

And our government is allowing them to get away with it, bending over backwards not to offend Muslims - even reluctant to deport Muslim leaders who preach Jihad openly.

Several years ago Muslims walked into a Christian bookshop in Cardiff, just to officially check they weren't stocking Rushdie's "the Satanic Verses"!

Of course no Christian shop would have stocked that book anyway, but would they have burned the shop down and murdered the propriator if it had?

We are indeed at war, but it won't be won by our governments, but in the Heavenlies.

Is "Michael" even now contending with the "Prince of Persia" (Iran), as in the days of Daniel.

Or is the Lord allowing judgement to come through this demonic religion?

How far will He still have mercy on us and hold back the Enemy?

Are we seeking Him pleading for mercy, and seeking to know His mind on this??

Blessings

Jeannette

2008/1/5 14:49

Re:

Quote:

psalm1 wrote:
Littlegift, Ok ok...Just one more joke and then I absolutely insist we turn back to our wrinkled foreheads.
Two prophets approach each other and extend their hands for a handshake. One prophet says to the other "your doing fine.How am I?"

David

:lol:

2008/1/5 14:49

Re:

What is Prophecy?

2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy [u][b][color=CC0000]of the scripture[/color][/b][/u] is of any private interpretation.

Used in the NT of the utterance of OT prophets.

In the OT, God spoke to us through the Prophets, In the NT, God spoke to us through His Son Jesus Christ.

What did the Prophets speak about?

The prediction of events relating to Christ's kingdom and its speedy triumph, together with the consolations and admonitions pertaining to it, the spirit of prophecy, the divine mind, to which the prophetic faculty is due.

God tells us exactly what the Spirit of Prophecy is:

Revelation 19:10
And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: [u][b][color=CC0000]for the testimony of Jesus ***IS** the spirit of prophecy.[/color][/b][/u].

Christian teachers called prophets are set apart to teach and preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

"Christ In You" enables you to have the Testimony of Jesus.

There is a difference betwreen Prophe*C*y and Prophe*S*y.

One fortold, and has fortold of events tht have come to pass, as well as those yet to come to pass.

Many OT scriptures have not yet come to pass, and NT Christians having the Wisdom and Knowledge of Jesus Christ..He is made unto us Wisdom and Knowledge...of what...His Word( of the scriptures) (RE: Let him with wisdom ...or he who has wisdom, etc...spoken in Revelation).

It's interesting, those who do not have the Wisdom and Knowledge of Jesus Christ (study to show your selves approved) will come up with what they call a new word of prophecy...some NEW word for today or tomorrow. We don't need a NEW word, but THE WORD!...who became flesh and dwelt among us.

[u][b][color=CC0000]for the testimony of Jesus ***IS** the spirit of prophecy.[/color][/b][/u].

This is the ONLY Prophetic Credentials anyone needs.

Does *Christ in me* have more honor than *Christ in you*?

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

2008/1/5 15:39

Re:

Quote:

Katy-did wrote:
What is Prophecy?

2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy [u][b][color=CC0000]of the scripture[/color][/b][/u] is of any private interpretation.

Used in the NT of the utterance of OT prophets.

In the OT, God spoke to us through the Prophets, In the NT, God spoke to us through His Son Jesus Christ.

What did the Prophets speak about?

The prediction of events relating to Christ's kingdom and its speedy triumph, together with the consolations and admonitions pertaining to it, the spirit of prophecy, the divine mind, to which the prophetic faculty is due.

God tells us exactly what the Spirit of Prophecy is:

Revelation 19:10
And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: [u][b][color=CC0000]for the testimony of Jesus ***IS** the spirit of prophecy.[/color][/b][/u].

Christian teachers called prophets are set apart to teach and preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

"Christ In You" enables you to have the Testimony of Jesus.

One fortold, and has fortold of events tht have come to pass, as well as those yet to come to pass.

Many OT scriptures have not yet come to pass, and NT Christians having the Wisdom and Knowledge of Jesus Christ..He is made unto us Wisdom and Knowledge...of what...His Word( of the scriptures) (RE: Let him with wisdom ...or he who has wisdom, etc...spoken in Revelation).

It's interesting, those who do not have the Wisdom and Knowledge of Jesus Christ (study to show your selves approved) will come up with what they call a new word of prophecy...some NEW word for today or tomorrow. We don't need a NEW word, but THE WORD!...who became flesh and dwelt among us.

[u][b][color=CC0000]for the testimony of Jesus ***IS** the spirit of prophecy.[/color][/b][/u].

This is the ONLY Prophetic Credentials anyone needs.

Does *Christ in me* have more honor than *Christ in you*?

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

Hi Katy

I understand most of what you are saying here. I especially liked "[u][b][color=CC0000]for the testimony of Jesus ***IS** the spirit of prophecy.[/color][/b][/u]", and the reminder that OT scripture is called prophecy.

The meaning of the original Greek word for "to prophesy" can include preaching as well as what we usually call prophecy. Is this what you meant when you said:
Quote:

But I'm not sure what you are getting at when you said:

Quote:

Technically, The [i]only[/i] difference between [i]prophe[b]c[/b]y[/i] and [i]prophe[b]s[/b]y[/i] is that the first is a noun, the prophetic utterance itself; and the second is a verb - to prophesy - speaking of the act of prophesying.

But you seem to be making some other distinction between them, or using the distinction to illustrate a point.

Could you explain please?

in Him

Jeannette

2008/1/5 16:55

Re:

Quote:
Technically, The only difference between prophecy and prophesy is that the first is a noun, the prophetic utterance itself; and the second is a verb - to prophesy - speaking of the act of prophesying.

Actually that isn't always the case.

If studying your words, prophet, prophetic, prophet, prophecies, prophecy, prophesied, prophesiety, etc,all have different definitions in the Greek and Hebrew.

The Greek word prophet..."prophetes" (inspired speaker) is not the same as propheteia..(one who makes predictions)...also the English ( edited) word is prophet.

The second is not the one listed in Ephesians 4., and rarely used in the NT at all.

Also study the scripture that uses the words Prophesy...etc and the same goes here.

It's really good to study all scripture with it's original meaning to rightly divide scripture.

English unfortunately uses one word that the Greek or Hebrew may have 10 different words and meanings for.

Paul said, in 1 Corinthians 14:37..if any of you think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. ;-)

Well, this chapter is about spiritual Gifts, and this Gift, the Gift of a prophet, must have the ability and maturity to even know if what Paul is writing are the commandments of the Lord. When he uses Prophet, or spiritual interchangeably you know he isn't referring to carnal baby. Please read 1 Corinthians 2 and 3 to qualify his meaning. Paul explains spiritual...full grown...etc.

Paul puts the Spiritually Mature listed in Ephesians first right after Apostles.

Love in Christ
Katy

PS Added. Paul also urged those to SEEK to prophesy.....in other words...God said He was a rewarder of those who diligently SEEK Him.

2008/1/6 8:18
psalm1

Re:

Katy did, hi,if what you say about a prophet is true then can we also apply the same rule to another office of the ministry,....teacher.?
This rule would prohibit the teacher from any reference of the secular.
No modern personal testimony to illustrate a point.
Scripture text only.
The mere mention of anything secular by the teacher would immediately send red flags under this rule.
This would be ridiculous and nobody would buy into it.
Of course scripture is prophecy. That makes peter a prophet automatically and king David too.
Any modern apostle is not confined to walk the same roads in Israel as the ancient apostles.
Any modern prophet is not confined to prophecy the written word.
A lot of people here think examples of abuses are solid ground to form doctrine, or to use as a green light to void believers and even the charismatic movement.
I really dont know what to think of the abuses in the prophetic camp.
But I believe a lot of people here see this latest flop on si as an opportunity.
That's sad.

David

2008/1/6 9:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy