SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prophetic Credentials II

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
PosterThread
psalm1

Re: All i can say is, "THANK GOD"!!! ...

Rahman, I just thought of something.......On one of my visits to time square church Dave preached a message "the death of a promise" in which any man of god goes through.
What God promises he will roll death into it and out of the ashes the promise comes forth.
This is hidden from most men of God!!!
We are circumstantial and dont see the whole picture.
Abraham is one ex. But Dave brought out many ex. and I remember buying the tape after the service.[approx. 1992] . this was many years ago and i am trying to remember the ex. Dave used.
Extremely valuble to anyone called into ministry!
If anyone finds this in archives I am interested.

David

2007/12/30 13:13Profile
psalm1

Re:

crsschk, biblical moorings? Look at all the men of God that were wrong and what came out of it.
Bathsheeba was pretty good mistake but Soloman came forth from this mistake.
Peter was so wrong that Jesus named him by name to come back to the flock.
Peter [a prophet] was so wrong Paul had to rubuke him to his face.
These are just off the top of my head.
Of course being wrong matters.
But now that you mention it i suppose in the long run of Gods purposes and in light of His gracious use of us humanoids[as if we deserve it]
If being wrong mattered we would only have the book of genesis.
We would all get what we deserve.
Yes being wrong is horrible!
On the other hand anyone that is wrong is in good company with the patriarchs of the bible.
Wrong is no litmus test.
All the saints are wrong about something.Thank God for his word and eachother.
We will make heaven not through our "rightness" but i think through something else.
Its not "what i have wrong" but "what i have right"

David

2007/12/30 13:46Profile
MikeH

Re:

Quote:

murrcolr wrote:

2. 2007 marks the 300th anniversary of the Act of Union between England and Scotland. That means for the none British people that was the start of the United Kingdom.

I think Dorcas provided a little clarification earlier, but a little more won't go amiss.

The crowns of England and Scotland had been united in 1603; that is one man (or woman? Can't remember if there was a queen during that time) wore both. This led to a political union of England and Scotland in 1707 to form the Kingdom of Great Britian. The Kingdoms of Great Britian and Ireland were united by the Act of Union of 1800 to form the United Kingdom of Great Britan and Ireland; later adjusted to Northern Ireland between 1922 and 1927. So Great Britain was formally formed in 1707, but the United Kingdom was not formed until 1800.

This doesn't add or subtract from your dates, only clarifies what did and did not happen all those years ago.

Regards
Mike

2007/12/30 16:40Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Thanks for the clarifaction

2007/12/30 16:54Profile

Re:

murrcolr wrote:

Quote:
Dorcas

Thanks for the recommendation I will listen to it.

I found it encouraging. Please post a comment somewhere.

Quote:
Right now in the church's around the world most of the work is done by a few people. I don't know what your church is like but how many peolpe are real serious about there beliefs. How much go to the prayer meeting. They are happy to let the leadership team get on with it.

There is change coming.

In the wilderness it was all about Moses and the leadership team.

In the days of Josuha it was about the people the people say to Josuha all that you command us we will do.

That is why I say God will have a Victorious People and not God has a Victorious People.

The Victory first of all has to come in there own personel lives. We have to be the Gospel in manifestation. Have you victory in every area of your life. I know in my life I have not.

So God's judgement for us in his church is to give us Victory in our personel life. (Oh God how good you are)

With this Move of God the people will rise up and do the work of the Ministry.

When this happen some Pastors will find it hard to deal with as they control the people. But God will help the Pastors as well.

This Move of God will come so God's people are prepared and can live challenge and confront the anti-christ.

Jean Darnell spoke about a Move of God in the UK.
One thing she spoke of in this prophecy was three diffrent flows of God coming together.

God has given me some understanding on this three flows are Anointings.
1. Love
2. Might
3. Courage

These people will be a Holy People.

These anointings and Holiness will come like they never have before. The strength of this move of God is the People.

Lots to think about here. I certainly identify with that sense of not belonging in church. It is really difficult to know what to do with one's real connections with other believers. Mainly I nurture the links I have with those who feel isolated for one reason or another. I do believe the Lord is using this, to connect [i]me[/i] to other believers, if only a few.

I realise there may be people out in cyberspace who feel as if they 'know' those of us who post, even though they don't make themselves known. I value the prayers of these saints, as if I had met them, even though I may never do so. A sense of connection in the Spirit is hard to deny.

2007/12/30 17:30
Compton

Re:

Quote:
Hatred follows the prophetic mantle.

Come, come now! Where has this come from? There has been no hate in this thread. In fact, I think there has been a double standard of grace extended...an extension that I dare say wouldn't have been given to a Benny Hinn or a Pat Robertson.

Quote:
Being wrong doesn't mean squat.

Sadly this has become the case. Of course this also means that being right doesn't mean anything either. Only now, after hundreds of posts in the thread titled "Prophetic Credentials" do we finally arrive at the conclusion that a prophets credentials are not established by any objective criteria, and that a prophet need only claim to be a prophet to be licensed.

In light of this attitude, I would like to make a 'prediction' of my own. Should a crisis ever befall us, whether it be economic or military, the number of prophets coming out of the woodwork in our churches will multiply at an exponential rate. They will all be making different fearful predictions but, empowered by a wave of fear and hysteria, will overwhelm the church with confusion. Only those who have given up their superstitions, and insist that all speaking prophetically for God is as warranted as the plenury inspiration of scripture, will not be tossed about by every rumor, vision, and proclamation.

If you share fears and concerns as a fellow saint, then you are transparent and accountable. But when you speak as a prophet, you are announcing authority over the saints that demands a response on par with scripture's call for repentance. You are saying that "God will judge the church for not listening to my words." This is the authority of an Old Testament prophet, which is how these words have been positioned. In fact, they've cited precendents for thier predictions from Jeremiah, Hosea, and Jonah. Therefore, if their call for repentance is linked to predictions that have not come true, they create confusion in the church. Everyone, not just the prophets, should own up to this responsibility. Please.

They could've simply asked for repentance acording to the authority of scripture. But they claimed their own authority directly from the Lord, and therefore are not open to being 'wrong' as if they were mere fellow saints sharing their feelings and fears. Waffling on this point is a lack of integrity.

Forgive me, perhaps I am too much of a fundamentalist when it comes to the subject of inspiration. I do not believe there are several levels of inspiration (mystical or natural). I do not know how to make the transition from placing my faith in the words of scripure which comes with a warrant of inspiration from the Lord, to placing faith in these prophets that arrogantly tell us they do not need to be right in order to be prophets.

This is not hate. In fact this entire issue is beneath serious contempt. Really, it is for the love of our brethren that we even indulge these irrational discussions. Perhaps some brethren are so sincerely burdened for the need to see true prophets that they mistake this burden for being one themselves. I dunno...just trying to give the benifit of the doubt here. However, all this well-meaning burden to see the true prophetic in our churches reminds me of some simple poetry.

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree...

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

MC

2007/12/30 19:24Profile
psalm1

Re:

Compton, I only said hatred follows the prophets to show Rahman that the calling on the prophet is bitter.
I never said this thread showed hatred.
But I was keying off scripture , namely
Matt. 5;12 23;30 23;31 23;37 and luke 6;22 6;23 6;36 11;50 13;24
not to mention john the baptist ,Paul, and the two witnesses in rev.
acts 7;52 says"which of the prophets have your fathers not persecuted"?
Were you aware of the hatred of the prophet?

I would like to have that comment back
"being wrong doesnt mean squat"
Not that i was wrong or mispoke but I set myself up to be quoted out of context.
If you will read what I ment......You will see I qualified my statement.
Also in my next post I explained my statement.

Of course it is bad [to be wrong]
I'm dumb but not that dumb.
My point is.... to be wrong does not disqualify the prophet. [Peter and David proved this]
Prophets are seers,they see things
strongs con.=inspired or poet....illuminetd one

It seems that there is a strong consensus that somehow a prophet is foolproof?

I will ask you flat out what is the definition of a prophet and what is the litmus test?

David

2007/12/30 22:07Profile
Lowly

Re:

I am sure someone has already quoted Deuteronomy 18.

Just a humble reminder of the Word of God, and how the Lord spoke to us concerning His prophets.
How can we be sure it is a word from the Lord?
"When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing that the Lord has not spoken, but the prophet has spoken it presumptiously..." Deut.18: 22
Concerning Peter - Peter's rebuke had nothing to do with prophecy, but his humanity
Peter states in 2 Peter 1: 19
"We have also a more sure word of prophecy, whereunto you do well to take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts."

Really enjoying the discussion, I am learning so much. :-)

In His amazing love,
Lowly

2007/12/30 23:11Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

quote by MC:This is not hate. In fact this entire issue is beneath serious contempt. Really, it is for the love of our brethren that we even indulge these irrational discussions.

Agreed. There has been considerable graciousness in this dialogue and I have posted already to that point.

As far as the being wrong does not mean squat quote... Peter did not by any means make a prophecy that was wrong. The rebuke by Paul at Antioch had nothing to do with ANYTHING Peter said, and Peter's reaction to that earned rebuke is found later in scripture:
2 Peter 3:15 - 16 (NKJV) 15and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

Which by the way is an appropriate commentary on this whole discussion.

The others sited by Psalm1 are totally beside the point. Those men certainly made mistakes and sinned, "for all have sinned and come short.." but that sin had nothing to do with them saying "thus saith the Lord". I believe it was Brother Ron at the Conference who said that those in position of leadership can only by considered fit for leadership when their repentance becomes as notrious as their sin... And of all those cases you cited, that was definitely the case or else they would not have been quoted.

But again, their sin, their "being wrong" was not at all associated with "being wrong" about what God said.... that is the point. As kindly and with as much meekness considering themselves, as all of those who have tried to bring some accountability to these brothers have been while still recognizing them as brothers... there is still this defense! If it is God's Word it does not have to be defended "it will come and not tarry".

As I said in the former post, and we can add to those names the ones that have been brought up here... how in the name of honesty and integrity can we make such a comparison between what this thread is about, and Peter who was jailed and crucified upside down (according to tradition), Paul whose litany of tribulations would fill pages, and David whose life was one cringing suffering after another for his sins, and also for his service to God...

Please, until we can say, "let no man bother me, I bear in my BODY the sufferings of Christ"....please, no more comparisons.

In Godly love,

Clint

2007/12/30 23:56Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, in reality isaiah prophesied wrongly in hezekiahs case. the old prophet told the nameless young prpphet to come to his home for water;causing death to the young prohet. i am more worried today about the spirit and intent of the 'profit'.jimp

2007/12/31 1:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy