SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Bless the Son.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Bless the Son.

1Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

3Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.

5Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

6Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

7I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

9Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

10Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

11Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

12Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

2006/7/21 13:47Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Bless the Son.

Sorry to have to ask, but what are you trying to say here. Thanks.

2006/7/21 14:12Profile
Truthspeaker

Re:

Well as you probably know (and you should!), this is Psalm 2.. and I'm happy that it was posted.

Thanks for the read.

2006/7/21 14:49Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Truthspeaker,

Enid didn't recognize it as psalm 2 or else she wouldn't have inquired of Scroggins his purpose for posting.

We have to bear with one another. Not everyone on the site has all 150 psalms memorized.

Blessings to you.

Murray

2006/7/21 15:25Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Sorry to disappoint you but I did know it was Psalm 2. The Psalm was quoted with no comment, so once again I ask, what are you trying to say? Is it in relation to Rev 19v10 or what?
God bless.

2006/7/22 4:07Profile

Re: Bless the Son.

These verses speak particularly, to me, as a counter-balance to self-righteousness, which I'm finding myself tempted towards constantly, these days. Oh to lay hold of the lower place, willingly, and learn of Him; worship Him.

[b][color=993366]10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.[/color][/b]

2006/7/22 9:24

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy