Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prayer: So simple, yet so hard

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:
We need the grace to realize that the 'much' we possess is truly little compared to what we have (or could have) in God.

even this word 'little' I think is very strong.

I'm reminded of two scriptures, one is Paul when he is saying:

[i]8 Yea doubtless, and [b]I count all things but loss[/b] for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,[/i]

and the other also Paul in Romans 8:

[i]18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [b]are not worthy to be compared[/b] with the glory which shall be revealed in us.[/i]

Leonard Ravenhill in the sermon "the Judgement Seat of Christ" telling what Dr. Tozer said to him once:

-We'll hardly get our feet out of time into eternity, and gaze on eternity that we bow our heads in shame and humiliation and say 'My God! Look at all the riches that were in Jesus Christ and I've come to the judgement seat almost a pauper.

Quote:
May He awaken a hunger in all of our hearts.

Amen.

2006/7/25 20:55Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re:

So true, so true my brother. I'm broken by the words of the great apostle, Dr. Tozer.

Maybe i should change that last point from "No sense of need", to "No sense of need for God."

Hebrews 11 (i think it is) speaks of those saints who overcame by faith, "having nothing, yet possessing all things."

2006/7/25 21:05Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

I think we should read [i]Hebrews 11[/i] again and again!

[i]24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, [b]refused[/b] to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;
25 [b]Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;[/b]
26 Esteeming the reproach of [b]Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt:[/b] for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.[/i]

Here is other encouraging thread - [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7760&forum=26]5 minutes in heaven...?[/url]

2006/7/25 21:24Profile
freedbyjc

Jacksonville. Florida

Re: Prayer: So simple, yet so hard

Brother Lawrence said it like this: [i]"For many years I was bothered by the thought that I was a failure at prayer. Then one day I realized I would always be a failure at prayer; and I've gotten along much better ever since."[/i]

2006/7/26 10:24Profile
freedbyjc

Jacksonville. Florida

Re: Prayer: So simple, yet so hard

I just discovered through [url=http://www.navpress.com/Magazines/Pray/?aCode=NL100706]PRAY! Magazine [/url]an awesome prayer resourse...[url=http://www.nupsa.org.za/prayer.htm]Jerico Walls Prayer Network[/url]!

They have some very informative prayer teachings-real HOW-TO stuff that might be of interest to y'all.

2006/7/28 11:35Profile
beenblake

Tennessee, USA

Re:

Quote:
I think sometimes, that more you have less you pray. It is difficult to pray in society where you have everything. And you are receiving everything as given. Where is the life of walking by faith.

Dear Tears_of_joy,

This is something that has been on my mind lately. It seems that all around me Christian's fail to admit having 'needs', as though on earth we have recieved all the victory and blessings we should ever have. We seem to have forgotten our hope is in heaven and not on earth or in the flesh.

The Church in the United States fights for our earthly life, and preachers preach it, as though all we ever hoped for is given us here on earth. It is sad really.

Our hope is in Heaven and in Christ's return. I personally await this day with eager anticipation. Heaven is my home, and I cannot wait to go home!!!

I think Christians in the United States have become too comfortable and spoiled. My prayer is that the Lord would make us uncomfortable, stirring up tribulation and persecution so that we keep our focus on Him and His return, our ultimate goal.

Quote:
He said that there were no lukewarm christians in that time, you must be hot or you simply can not be disciple, because if you want to be follower of Jesus it is crystal clear to you that this will cost your life, you have signed death to the earthly pleasures. You know that Jesus is all for you and everything else even your life here on earth can't be compared with the glory that is coming.

This is what America needs.

In love and In Christ,
Blake

2006/7/28 13:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy