Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Evil spirit from God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

"Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee" (I Kings 22:23).

I think this goes along the same lines. Surely, God cannot lie. But he may empower the "father of the lie" to rise up in order to accomplish that for which the ultimate end will be to His glory. God can "put" or "send" wicked spirits wherever He wants to accomplish His divine purpose.

2006/7/17 13:05Profile
figtreelives

Re:

Looking into the life of Saul, the bible teaches that he would call for David when ever the Spirit of the Lord would come upon him to torment him.

Was he demon possessed? No, he just needed deliverance. Deliverance from what?

Samuel 16:14 Now the spirit of the Lord has left Saul, and the Lord sent a tormenting spirit that filled him with depression and fear;

Some of Saul’s servants suggested a remedy. It is clear that a spirit of God is tormenting you, they said. Let us find a good musician to play the harp for you whenever the tormenting Spirit is bothering you. The harp music will quiet you, and you will soon be Well again. All right, Saul said. Find me someone who plays well and bring him here.
One of the servants said to Saul, the son of Jesse is a talented harp player. Not only that; he is brave and strong and has good judgment. He is also a fine-looking young man. And the Lord is with him.
So Saul sent messengers to Jesse to say Send me your son David, the shepherd.

Why would God send this type of a Spirit upon his chosen, his anointed? Could it be that there was something in his heart that was not right in the eyes of God? Yes

First and foremost it is the heart that God looks at. Now why did all of this come about. You must first look at Israel -- what God desired was for the Israelites to worship him. Is that not why he led them out of Egypt into the wilderness to lead them into the promised land?

God desire to have communion with us, but they said No, we want a King? Why did they want a king? Moses and Joshua had already died and now the Israelites were left alone, they could have gone to God for themselves but they were afraid.

Exodus 19: 9 Then the Lord said to Moses, “I am going to come to you in a thick cloud so the people themselves can hear me as I speak to you. Then they will always have confidence in you. Moses told the Lord what the people had said. Then the Lord told Moses, “Go down and prepare the people for my visit. Purify them today and tomorrow and have them wash their clothing. Be sure they are ready on the third day for I will come down upon Mount Sinai as all the people watch.

Exodus 9:16 on the morning of the third day, there was a powerful thunder and lightning storm, and a dense cloud came down upon the mountain. There was a long, loud blast from a ram’s horn, (-------), and all the people trembled. Moses led them out from the camp to MEET with God, and they stood at the foot of the mountain. All Mount Sanini was covered with smoke because the Lord had descended on it in the form of fire. The smoke billowed into the sky like smoke from a furnace, and the whole mountain shook with a violent earthquake. As the horn blast grew louder and louder, Moses spoke, and God thundered his reply for all to hear.

Samuel 8:6 Samuel was very upset with their request and went to the Lord for advice. Do as they say, the Lord replied, for it is me they are rejecting, not you. (Doesn’t this just hurt you – to hear HIM say, it is me they are rejecting not you).

So here you have Saul, God anoints him king specifically asks him to do something, to wait!

Samuel 13: 1 Meanwhile, Saul stayed at Gilbal, and his men were trembling with fear. Saul waited there seven days for Samuel, as Samuel had instructed him earlier, but Samuel still didn’t come. Saul realized that his troops were rapidly slipping away. So he demanded, Bring me the burnt offering and the peace offerings! And Saul scarified the burnt offering himself, Samuel ARRIVED. Saul went out to meet and welcome him, but Samuel said, what is this you have done?

Saul replied, I saw my men scattering from me, and you didn’t arrive when you said you would, and the Philistines are at Micmash ready for battle. So I said, the Philistines are ready to march against us, and I haven’t even asked for the Lord’s Help! So I felt obligated, to offer the burnt offering myself before you came. (And I haven’t even asked for the Lord’s help)

Why did he feel obligated to do this when God specifically asked him to wait?

His ways are not our ways, we are to trust him even when it hurts and we don’t understand why, why is this happening to me, God I thought you loved me, why is the answer no, why is it always no. God why am I treated this way and they are not?

Because the way that God deals with one person is not necessarily the same way he deals with you/me. This is not to say or even think God does not love you? Yes he does.

And there is work that he wants to do, deep deep inside of you, because he loves you.

So he sent this tormenting spirit upon Saul, and what does Saul do, he calls for David to play the harp, why didn’t he just repent, why didn’t he just call out to God the same God that Samuel would pray too, isn’t this what David would do, that is why he is called a man after God’s own heart.

I understand that in those days you needed a mediator, but once that veil was removed, you, we, him, her they, them all have access into the holiest of holies, into the presence of God. Hallelujah!

Do not be afraid to talk with God and share your concerns with him, he will hear you. His word says that his ear is attentive to prayers of the righteous.

This is why God send the tormenting spirit it was A MATTER OF THE HEART.

2006/7/17 15:16Profile
WorldView

Davao, Philippines

Re:

There are some very good replies. Thanks so much.

If anyone has the time, can someone list as many scriptures that they can find that has to do with this subject such as: God sending and evil spirit, putting a lying spirit in the mouth of the prophets, hardening pharoh's heart and so forth?

I definitely appreciate it.

2006/7/17 23:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy