SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Brink of War: Lebanon Launches Retaliatory Assault on Israel

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Brink of War: Lebanon Launches Retaliatory Assault on Israel

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

BEIRUT, Lebanon — Lebanese guerillas stepped up the stakes Thursday as it launched missile attacks across Northern Israel and striking two towns, wounding up to seven. Hezbollah said the major port city of Haifa would be targeted next if Israel hit Beirut.

Lebanese guerrillas fired three rockets at the northern Israeli border town of Safed, wounding seven people, one seriously, witnesses and medics said. It was the first attack on the town since the 1990s. Rockets also hit town of Carmiel, also in northern Israel, the army said, but there were no immediate word on casualties.

They were two of dozens of retaliatory attacks by Hezbollah guerrillas on northern Israel in the heaviest cross-border fighting in years. Earlier, a rocket killed an Israeli woman in the border town of Nahariya.

2006/7/13 18:11Profile
saved_matt

Lancashire, England

Re: Iran warns Israel not to attack Syria

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Thursday an Israeli strike on Syria would be considered an attack on the whole Islamic world that would bring a "fierce response," state television reported.

"If the Zionist regime commits another stupid move and attacks Syria, this will be considered like attacking the whole Islamic world and this regime will receive a very fierce response," Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying in a telephone conversation with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

The president made the comments after Israel struck Beirut airport and military airbases and blockaded Lebanese ports in reprisals that have killed 55 civilians in Lebanon since Hizbollah guerrillas captured two Israeli soldiers a day earlier.

"He (Ahmadinejad) also said it was a must for the Organization of the Islamic Conference to become more active regarding the new crisis created by the Zionist regime," state television reported.

Iran's Islamic government has never recognized Israel and routinely refers to the Jewish state as the "Zionist regime."

Iran has close ties with Syria, and with Hizbollah.

2006/7/14 2:43Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Thursday an Israeli strike on Syria would be considered an attack on the whole Islamic world that would bring a "fierce response," state television reported.

This is a very determined and extreme comment by this leader to arouse much hatred against God's people in the land of Israel, this should be taken very seriously by the church and be lifted up to God in prayer.

2006/7/14 3:31Profile
W_D_J_D

Re:

i spoke to a brother in Lebanon..........

all i have to say is "let us pray"

2006/7/15 12:44Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

brethren
i'm reminded of and feel led to share a vision which our Lord showed me some time last year. i was viewing the world from high up (at least high enough to see the middle east) and i was shown an arab-looking man clad in armour (not a steel suit of armour but what would be the armour arabs wore) with a sword in his hand. He raised it up to strike at israel and he did. but as he did and the sword was about to strike Israel, a rock appeared and it covered the nation of israel. the sword struck the rock and shattered. it seems to me that the efforts from without to destroy israel will not prevail but God will rise up in her defense. however He Himself at some point will bring that nation to its knees in submission to Him and in repentance of their rebellion. this applies to us all.

2006/7/16 13:24Profile
WorldView

Davao, Philippines

Re:

Quote:

IRONMAN wrote:
brethren
i'm reminded of and feel led to share a vision which our Lord showed me some time last year. i was viewing the world from high up (at least high enough to see the middle east) and i was shown an arab-looking man clad in armour (not a steel suit of armour but what would be the armour arabs wore) with a sword in his hand. He raised it up to strike at israel and he did. but as he did and the sword was about to strike Israel, a rock appeared and it covered the nation of israel. the sword struck the rock and shattered. it seems to me that the efforts from without to destroy israel will not prevail but God will rise up in her defense. however He Himself at some point will bring that nation to its knees in submission to Him and in repentance of their rebellion. this applies to us all.

I can agree with that word.

2006/7/16 22:18Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

What guarantee does a Godless Israel have in protection from her enemies? The OT I read the nation of Israel seems to commonly embrace this mentality, and commonly God used the surrounding nations to severely punish Israel and show them contrary. Three major exiles have occured in their history: 722 bc, 586 bc, and 70 ad.

Ravenhill once said he would not be surprised if Israel became the football of the nations again. Art Katz so far as I understand him seems to not speak very well of Israeli "security" either...

Just some thoughts...

2006/7/16 23:27Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro KJ
i agree with you in that our Lord in the past did use the nations around Israel to punish her and this may well be how our Lord brings Israel to repentance. However i feel that this initial attempt by these nations will end in failiure but God will bring to an end the state of Israel as it exists now and bring them to repentance and draw them to Himself.

will our Lord raise up the same nations? possibly, i wouldn't be surprised at all because we can all be sure that Israel as it is, can't continue to exist as it is much longer because it is in rebllion to God.

2006/7/17 1:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy