SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Live for Today, Not Tomorrow...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
IWantAnguish

Live for Today, Not Tomorrow...

I was curious as to how many people here on the forum honestly live day by day, without concern for the morrow, letting the morrow care for itself?

I think this is really important so let us listen..

===============

Matthew 5:25-34

Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than rainment?

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they ?

Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is , and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

Therefor take no thought saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.

Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the thing of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

==========

To live by faith everyday... to ask daily just for our daily bread...

I believe that the more we grow in God, the less God gives to us freely without our asking in ernest prayer. Today, we may be comfortable, and we'll be able to live without asking God to have complete control over our finances, over our homes, over our daily food, but as we grow in God, and learn His Word, and learn to ask in Faith, God will begin to take away everything that He used to freely give without our asking and prayers, He will begin to let us walk on our own two feet, and make us ask of Him all that we need. As God begins to strip away all of our essential needs, He will be doing it as a loving Father, to hear us cry out, FATHER, I NEED YOU ! And He will hear from heaven, and because we sought after Him, and only wanted to seek His kingdom, and His righteousness, He will freely give us all things.

Oh... to truly live by faith, opposed to living by false security in this fallen world. To throw ourselves at the mercy and grace of God, and to cling to Him with all that we have, asking in supplication all things.

2006/7/13 10:55Profile
n7rooivalk7n

South Africa

Re: Live for Today, Not Tomorrow...

How true it is that we should place our trust in God. He must be our sole provider.

I think one of the reasons that the passage in Matt 5 is so important, is because worries and thoughts about tomorrow brings on depression. And depression is such a tool that the devil uses to great effect. When Christians become worried and depressed, they will be ineffective in the kingdom of God, because they won't be able to love other people and reach out to them as they should. They are too pre-occupied with their own problems! What they will eat and drink and wear 2morrow!

That God would open our hearts for this truth and take depression from our lives!!

Be blessed

2006/7/15 5:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy