Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Da Vinci Code

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

The Da Vinci Code

Back in May of 2006 I delivered a presentation on the Da Vinci Code to my home church in the UK. We contacted some local churches on the following basis...

Quote:
The 'Gospel of Judas' and 'the Da Vinci Code' unite in their presentation of an 'alternate' history of Jesus of Nazareth. What historical evidence supports these proposals and can a reasonable case for 'Bible Christianity' be argued?

Underlying these two highly publicised media events are vital questions;
1. why do Christians believe that their scriptures are both authentic and historical?
2. Is Bible-based Christianity just 'one of many' versions of Christianity or is it 'the truth'?
3. Did the 'early church' censor its source documents and exclude contrary evidences?
4. Can the Bible account of the life and ministry of Jesus of Nazareth be taken seriously?

We videoed the evening and have now put it on video.google, where you can watch it or download it for PC/MAC, Video iPod or even PSP.

My real concern was to show why we can have confidence in the scriptures which is why I am mentioning it in this section. If you would like to see it just click
[url=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2883385409335151265&hl=en]From Judas to da Vinci[/url]
we can then discuss 'matters arising' here on the forums.

2006/7/10 18:58Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: The Da Vinci Code

Brother Ron,

I took a short look at this and it was great to see you in "action". It looks like a very well done presentation and I notice that you are using a mac! This is a very important topic to be addressed and I am glad that you are doing so. I am going to try and add this video as a mp4 to your category on sermonindex.net

2006/7/11 3:39Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
I took a short look at this and it was great to see you in "action".

You will have noticed that 'action' is a comparative term when used to describe my preaching style! ;-)

Quote:
I am going to try and add this video as a mp4 to your category on sermonindex.net

Please feel free...

Quote:
and I notice that you are using a mac!

Yes, by courtesy of my son who works for Apple. It has been a steep learning curve but its Keynotes (equiv of Powerpoint) is delightful to use.

2006/7/11 6:02Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Watched the video in it's entirety and thought it was excellent! Well presented and clear. Very informative. Should be watched by all. Good job done. Glory to God!

2006/7/11 6:05Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Rom 15:32

Quote:
I took a short look at this and it was great to see you in "action".

Same here,

It is just wonderful to see you Ron ... "all together". Better qualify that... We have had a picture, some audio and all the great heart theology expressed through these years and now ...

:-) ...truly warmed my heart. How thankful I am for some of the profound abilities that technology has brought us.

Looking forward to absorbing all this.

2006/7/11 9:54Profile
roadsign

Re: The video

I was very impressed with the video - well thought out and well presented. The time charts spoke a thousand words. I've passed on the link to some who are skeptical about the origins of Scripture.

Diane

PS It's nice to know what you look like (finally).

2006/7/11 12:16Profile
AWA40-2

Re:

Found this video to be so incredibly interesting, this is not to say that I may be able to engage in a conversation in a deep conversation about all that was spoken off and or taught but if I may share [please] my views.

I have been studying the Gnostic Writings, and to have him speak about it, truly blessed me with understanding. Mystism is something else I was trying to understand.

This is such a wonderful site/school that as you attend these classes how could you not be hungrier to know Christ more but also to understand the history that is behind each book. I appreciate everything that I hear.

I’ve heard these words before Gnostic, Mystism, Providence but could not understand what they meant and how it all tied together to the knowledge of the believer. Therefore I enjoyed the history behind each teaching, and how it was broken down through his power point presentation.

2006/7/11 17:58Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Watched the video in it's entirety and thought it was excellent! Well presented and clear. Very informative. Should be watched by all. Good job done. Glory to God!

Amen. This is an excellent presentation by Ron. Well worth your time.

2006/7/13 8:07Profile
dohzman

Brother Ron, May I download this and present it an adult mid-week class through our power point projector? BTW-- very well done. Bro. Daryl

2006/7/13 9:42Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Thanks for this, I forwarded a link to one of my coworkers. It is very well done and very informative.

:-)

2006/7/13 11:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy