SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Any great bible schools out there?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Zelus4Jesus

Oklahoma

Any great bible schools out there?

Hello, I was just wandering if anybody knows of some really awesome Bible schools to go to. Not just to learn, but especially a place to just seek the Lord and grow as a Christian. (It would be good if they emphasize prayer also)I really don't know where to even look.
Has anybody been to Mt. Zion school of ministry, or know anything about it? Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks, JM

2006/7/10 17:38Profile
Combat_Chuck

Re: Any great bible schools out there?

Unfortunately, today most Bible schools and theological seminaries would be more accurately titled [b]theological cemetaries[/b]...

From the sound of things you would be best suited to a discipleship training school.

Discipleship (following Jesus) is a very missing emphasis within our westernized Christianity; and DTS's ([b]D[/b]iscipleship [b]T[/b]rainin [b]S[/b]chools) really bring in that focus, that of daily taking up our individual cross and following Christ. They prepare us to be messengers of the gospel. You will learn much of the Bible, gain a fuller revelation of Christ and knowing Him... You will have good fellowship with others around you, and it will be ensured the basics of the faith necessary to a life-long steady walk with Christ are established. Basically I just think it's something everyone should [b]strongly [/b]consider doing.

Ywam (Youth with a Mission) has good ones. And the Salvation Army War College's are great I hear.

[url=http://www.ywam.org/Default.asp?bhcp=1]YWAM[/url] and [url=http://www.ywamcimarron.org/]YWAM Cimarron, Colorado DTS[/url]

and

[url=http://thewarcollege.com]The War College[/url]

As far as the differences between the two schools...

YWAM will have more emphasis on world missions (in fact, if you do YWAM you will spend 6 months in training and 6 months in an unreached foreign land spreading the gospel); The War College will have more emphasis on urban missions, though they don't have any organized outreaches as far as I know, they are located in the slums of vancouver washington...

Both are excellent and very real mission fields-- It would be hard to go wrong at either one, it's just whatever the LORD wills.

I visited the YWAM Cimarron DTS last month, it's full of awesome disciples of Jesus. A good friend and sister in Christ is on staff there this year, and we visted her when she returned from Tibet!

Both schools have a very strong emphasis on prayer.

A few months ago I sent an email to the War College with one question, I decided the answer I recieved to this question would determine whether I would go or not... Here it is:

Quote:
"I want to know one thing. What place does the prayer meeting have within The War College?
Thanks,
Adam"

The response I recieved was:

Quote:
Hi- we pray the Bible together every weekday morning for half an
hour. We do prayer walks each weekday. We have a weekly Knee Drill
prayer meeting. And we have a War Room that has gone non-stop prayer
since February 2004.

Much grace,
StephenC

I hope to attend the Salvation Army War College in Vancouver in a year or two.

Another organization you may want to look into is Operation Mobilization.

Or, I suppose, you could go to some place like western and talk all day about textual criticism, eschatology, who the real author of revelation is, and all sorts of boring stuff. ;-)

God bless ya!
Adam

2006/7/10 18:08Profile
Zelus4Jesus

Oklahoma

Re:

Wow. Thanks brother, I will definately look into both of those. I heartily agree with you that alot of what's out there should be termed a theological cemetary: all head and no heart (just like alot of peoples "conversions" nowadays).
I think it says alot whenever a school places a strong emphasis on the prayer life. I read that at Mt. Zion they require theie students to arise everyday at 5:30 a.m. to spend atleast an hour with the Lord before they do anything else).
It sounds like you are looking for the same kind of place that I am brother; may the Lord lead us both. God bless,
John

2006/7/10 18:25Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Does anyone know anything about Dave Wilkerson's Mt. Zion school? From the sound of his Times Square Church Pulpit newsletter, the Holy Spirit has complete freedom there.

Praise the Lord! It was great reading up on the Salvation Army's War College!

2006/7/10 19:12Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Ravenhill once lamented that the only reason we need Bible colleges is because the local church has failed to do its job.

2006/7/10 19:38Profile
Runoff

Re:

does anybody know anything about F.I.R.E school of ministry in North Carolina with Michael Brown and Bob Gladstone? Someone said that that was a really great school of ministry to go to. Also I heard about IHOP forerunner school of ministry. Anybody know about these?

2006/7/11 1:00Profile
Combat_Chuck

Re:

Quote:

PaulWest wrote:
Does anyone know anything about Dave Wilkerson's Mt. Zion school? From the sound of his Times Square Church Pulpit newsletter, the Holy Spirit has complete freedom there.

Praise the Lord! It was great reading up on the Salvation Army's War College!

I'm not sure, I've never heard of it. I'm sure it's probably one of the better Bible colleges though, since it has Dave's name on it. :-)

Quote:

KingJimmy wrote:
Ravenhill once lamented that the only reason we need Bible colleges is because the local church has failed to do its job.

I'd have to agree with this. :-(

Quote:

Runoff wrote:
does anybody know anything about F.I.R.E school of ministry in North Carolina with Michael Brown and Bob Gladstone? Someone said that that was a really great school of ministry to go to. Also I heard about IHOP forerunner school of ministry. Anybody know about these?

Never heard of those... But I do know there is a war college in Charlotte, North Carolina! 8-)

2006/7/11 1:07Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

I've run into some folks from FIRE here in NC (it's not too far from where I live). It's been a year or two since I have, but I must say, even though I fully believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit and the gifts of the Spirit being for today, the FIRE students I have personally encountered are off-their-rocker weird. IMO, they are too much like Rick Joyner's School of the Spirit, and are teaching counterfeit gifts.

I have also talked to a person who formerly attended the church FIRE is associated with, and must say that though the person seemed to have an axe to grind with the church, his concern for some serious problems within the church were no small matter.

I'd recommend you stay away from them.

If you want solid teaching grounded firmly in the word of God, and are looking to get such from a Pentecostal perspective, and looking to live in N.C., I recommend Lee University's Charlotte Campus, where I personally graduated from. This satelite campus (with the main one being in T.N.) is small and personal, with only about 100 students, and 2 or 3 full time teachers, with about 4 other part-time teachers.

2006/7/11 8:31Profile
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Re:

Quote:
I've run into some folks from FIRE here in NC (it's not too far from where I live). It's been a year or two since I have, but I must say, even though I fully believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit and the gifts of the Spirit being for today, the FIRE students I have personally encountered are off-their-rocker weird. IMO, they are too much like Rick Joyner's School of the Spirit, and are teaching counterfeit gifts.

I agree 100%. Just look into Michael Brown a little bit, and you will think that is the weirdest ministry. They are closly associated with things like The Toronto Blessing, and the pensacola outpouring. I'm sorry, but I dont need to see people running and screaming, and laughing in hysteria, to know that christ lives in me.

I would recommend Mt. Zion. My best friend will be going there in August. I would check out their website to make sure. But from what I hear, it is amazing.

I hope this helps a little,
God Bless

2006/7/11 9:10Profile
DerekSpalla

Powder Springs, Georgia

Re: Any great bible schools out there?

Here are my suggestions from personal experience and involvement:

1. [url=http://www.asbury.edu/]Asbury College[/url] in KY is an excellent school and currently there is a strong student led movement of prayer, fasting and seeking the face of God.

2. [url=http://www.bcom.org]Bethany College of Misions[/url] in MN has some excellent choices for programs. They are very flexible. One of my favorite programs is the new 18 month internship in another country. My family and I are getting ready to attend in August 2007. If you want more information or want to talk with someone, contact Chris Hunt at: [email protected]

To the others that have posted. Let's be careful how we categorize other schools and ministries. Let us not tear down other brothers and sisters in Christ.

Kind Regards,

Derek

2006/7/11 10:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy