SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Student searching for accredited formal education (BA. Religious Education) - your suggestions?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
wsbg

Earth

Student searching for accredited formal education (BA. Religious Education) - your suggestions?

Hi. I'm a student. I'm looking to start studies of religious education in an online form or in independent (correspondence) studies. I'm not someone who performs well in a standard school (in class) situation. So I am seeking to find a school which I can get a BRE though distance education.

Do you know of any schools that you would suggest me to look into? That is to say, "what institution(s) do you know of, if any, that can meet my requirements?"

Requirements:
- distance education
- accredited educational institution
- offering a 4 year BA undergrad program

I live in the Toronto, Ontario area and have already looked into local colleges and universities that might offer distance education in religious education. I've been able to find plenty of schools that offer a dozen or so courses in online studies, but have not found a school that offers a program (4 year BA) entirely though distance education. This is what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance for your help.

:-)

2006/7/9 20:14Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Student searching for accredited formal education (BA. Religious Education) - you

Quote:
I live in the Toronto, Ontario area and have already looked into local colleges and universities that might offer distance education in religious education.

Hi Brother,

I also reside from Toronto, Canada. I have been involved with the school: www.calvarychapelbiblecollege.com for about 1 year so far. It is a 2 year (non-accredited) college program for a Associates of Theology Degree. I am planning loosely to transfer most of the credits over to moody bible college distance program to finish a Bachelor of Theology afterwards.

I will be intrested in hearing what you do. I would recommend the moody bible college institution, or to start with the calvary chapel bible college like I am doing. If your goal is to get some letters behind your name then find a more academic college but if your desire is to get into the Word of God and be a capable minister of the gospel and the word of God then those other 2 institutions would be your best bet.

[b]Calvary Chapel Bible College[/b]
http://www.calvarychapelbiblecollege.com

[b]Moody Bible Distance[/b]
http://mmm.moody.edu

2006/7/9 20:22Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Student searching for accredited formal education (BA. Religious Education) - you

Lee University ( www.leeuniversity.edu ) offers an entire B.A. in Christian Ministry through their independent study program, and you can get one of 4 concentrations through it: biblical studies, pastoral ministry, christian education, theology. You would also get to walk with the rest of the graduates at the main campus in Tennesse should you choose to do so, and you can take all of your classes this way if you wish. It is a fully accredited degree.

2006/7/9 23:01Profile
wsbg

Earth

Re: Student searching for accredited formal education (BA. Religious Education)

Thanks for your suggestions. I've checked out Lee University and am communicating with them currently to establish whether I'd qualify (as I would be an international student to them) and whether they can meet my part-time studies needs. I'm also visiting the other sites suggested, I'm on the Moody Bible Institute as am writing this. I appreciate your responses. Thank you. I will let you know of my progress. :)

2006/7/13 21:02Profile
wsbg

Earth

Re:

King Jimmy: Just wondering... have you been a student at this school?

2006/7/15 21:02Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Yes, I have a Bachelors of Christian Ministry from Lee University. I took my classes at a satelite campus near my home.

However, I believe it is possible to earn most if not all the degree simply through the mail. If you do classes through the mail (I did a few), then you will get a nice thick packet of notes/study guides, along with a few books you will have to read, and any information about tests/papers you will have to do.

You might want to take your "general education" type classes, such as math, at your local college though. It's generally cheaper to do such as well.

2006/7/16 0:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy