SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : need help with qoutes

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

need help with qoutes

Hi everyone. Do any of you know a reliable source for qoutes from the founders concerning religion? I mean that is trustworthy concerning the accuracy of the qoutations?

2006/7/3 19:07Profile
dohzman

Re: need help with qoutes

I have an old book called "leaves of gold", it may have some of the founders quotes in it. I'll look through it for you. You could probably find it pretty cheaply in a used book store these days. I'll get back to ya on that though.

2006/7/3 19:48Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Brother Dohzman, sorry I should have been more specific. Am looking to put together something tonight to hand out tomorrow but I thank you nevertheless!

For anyone interested so far I have found this at the library of Congress

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/rel05.html

Here's an intro

Quote:
The Continental-Confederation Congress, a legislative body that governed the United States from 1774 to 1789, contained an extraordinary number of deeply religious men. The amount of energy that Congress invested in encouraging the practice of religion in the new nation exceeded that expended by any subsequent American national government. Although the Articles of Confederation did not officially authorize Congress to concern itself with religion, the citizenry did not object to such activities. This lack of objection suggests that both the legislators and the public considered it appropriate for the national government to promote a nondenominational, nonpolemical Christianity.

still need reliable qoutes if anyone can help.

[Edit] In case anyone is wondering or interested themselves, I found exactly what I was looking for at wallbuilders.com under historical writtings and documents.

2006/7/3 20:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy