SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : NEW: "The Old Paths" Newsletter publication resurrected!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 NEW: "The Old Paths" Newsletter publication resurrected!

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/oldpaths_dev1.gif[/img]

After a long time of waiting on the Lord and even very close to stopping the "Old Paths" for good, there has been a clear vision given to re-start this publication.

The "Old Paths" was a publication that come out monthly that had 6 pages of content somewhat similar to a newspaper style print publication with revival quotes and featured articles and pictures. The archive is still available here with the 5 issues that you can still download in pdf format:
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=429

The "Old Paths" is going to be offered as a actual print magazine (full color cover and black and white inside pages). Of course it will still be offered as a free pdf download as before but you will also have the option to subscribe to the print publication to be mailed to you.

The magazine is going to start on a very small basis probably a print run of 50-100 issues at first and depending on the demand it will grow.

It will be on a quarterly basis (every 3 times, 4 publications a year).

More information will be following, please do ask any questions, give comments, features you would like in the magazine, if you would be interesting in subscribing, etc. thanks dear saints.

2006/6/30 18:04Profile
W_D_J_D

Re: NEW: "The Old Paths" Newsletter publication resurrected!

Praise the Lord.....

May the Lord continue to bless you in you ministry brother!

keep on going my prayers are behind you.

this magazine is great, and will we a blessing to many in the future.

ciao

2006/6/30 21:38Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Dear saints,

This is going to be quite something and I know there are quite a few that have been asking of it's whereabouts.

Watch this space.

2006/7/1 0:01Profile

This is so wonderful! Praise God for this 'resurrection'. I have really missed Old Paths...it's going to be wonderful to have something like it again.
One of my favorite things about Old Paths is the last page that has five to six short quotes from different Christians. Those are powerful.
Are you going to feature different Christians in each magazine? Or have a regular column for some of the more well-known Christian speakers/writers? It would be neat to have a main article by Charles Finney (just for example here) and then have a bio on Finney (even lengthier than you have done in former Old Paths). It would require more writing but it is helpful to know more about the writer/speaker of the article. I love Christian biographies and I definately have more interest in what someone has to say if I know what God has done in their lives.

Hmm, there is a lot of potential here. May God give you wisdom in this new opportunity of ministry!

2006/7/1 10:20
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Are you going to feature different Christians in each magazine? Or have a regular column for some of the more well-known Christian speakers/writers?

Yes, there are going to be God willing 32 pages to feature content, so there will be much opportunity to share new christian speakers from the past and also many great revival accounts. Having a regular column is something I am going to definetly do and ask around 4-5 current christian speakers to take on this responsibility!

Yes, having longer bio's is a great idea! I will write that down with the other list of potential formats and ideas. I really know this is going to be a huge blessing to many, do keep praying for wisdom to put this together right, I really feel I am in the will of God doing this. Thanks brothers and sisters.

2006/7/1 12:08Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brothers and Sisters,

There has been great progress on praying for this project and planning the various stages of development and release. There still is a need to get a APPLE laptop computer to run the software needed to publish this magazine. I have some of the costs covered but am waiting for more to come in. In the meanwhile I have been researching, gathering images, content, and getting people involved to participate in this project.

My hopes is to have the first issue released within 2-4 months from this date. Please do pray, help support and even send in any hi-res images of old revival speakers (that would be a help). I would also like to hear some of the topics that you would like to see covered. Obviously historical revivals are going to be covered. But I am going to try and have a theme for each issue ie, one issue on the [i]Welsh Revival[/i] and another on the [i]Salvation Army[/i], and another on the [i]Great Awakening[/i].

Any feedback is welcome.

2006/7/24 19:40Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re:

First of all, i think this is great. :)

I think it would be neat if a sketch of certain Churches and ministries were made. Maybe a look into what Tozer's Church was like while he was pastor, and how it is today. Or Paris Reidhead's Gospel Tabernacle. And maybe a look into Last Days Ministries then and now.

Just a thought.

2006/7/24 19:58Profile
Deany1980

Hong Kong (SAR)

Re: printing

Do you have any donation from printing, your own press, or a printer who has volunteered his services for this newsletter? With the small runs needed it would be digital, any digital printers out there volunteering? I love the content of your newsletters, if only they were pushed out to the masses to empower the whole Church.

2006/7/24 21:36Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Thats a excellent idea to feature a older church and some history of the men of God that came from them. I will seriously consider this, we are a temple not made with hands but the "church" fellowships where we meet have a special signifigance at times. I am glad to hear people's ideas that they would like in the magazine, the Lord has showed me much clear direction so far but I am open to the voices of the saints, because this magazine is a print resource for the saints of God to be encouraged to follow the OLD PATHS!

2006/7/24 21:38Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re:

Quote:
this magazine is a print resource for the saints of God to be encouraged to follow the OLD PATHS!

Praise God! This ministry is truly unique, and has been such a blessing in my life. I just want to thank God for Sermonindex.

Also, in regards to my above post, when i said "I think this is great", i was referring to The Old Paths publication, and not my idea. After seeing it this time, it looked to me like i was talking about my idea.

2006/7/24 23:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy