Discussion Forum : General Topics : MY JESUS, I LOVE THEE

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 MY JESUS, I LOVE THEE

Listen to this hymn here:
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=3303]My Jesus I Love Thee (vocal) [/url]

[b]MY JESUS, I LOVE THEE[/b]
[i]Hymn by William R. Featherston[/i]

My Jesus, I love Thee, I know Thou art mine;
For Thee all the follies of sin I resign.
My gracious Redeemer, my Savior art Thou;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

I love Thee because Thou has first loved me,
And purchased my pardon on Calvary’s tree.
I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow;

I’ll love Thee in life, I will love Thee in death,
And praise Thee as long as Thou lendest me breath;
And say when the death dew lies cold on my brow,

In mansions of glory and endless delight,
I’ll ever adore Thee in heaven so bright;
I’ll sing with the glittering crown on my brow;

------

I was signing this song in the morning service at Peoples Church this morning and how wonderful it was among God's saints to praise the Name of Jesus.

Quote:
I’ll love Thee in life, I will love Thee in death,
And praise Thee as long as Thou lendest me breath;

I felt as I was singing this that the only reason I was living was to praise the name of Jesus, how wonderful it is! :-)

2004/1/11 19:56Profile
moreofHim

Re: MY JESUS, I LOVE THEE

Greg, I am so glad you posted this. I was feeling different today- like the Lord was calling to me- to more quiet intimacy. I felt that even though this past week has been exhilerating and stirred up- I felt like the Lord was saying "what about Me?" "Am I enough for you?"

Even though I have been in prayer alot this week it has been for things- not material things but answers, revival, etc... I usually do not spend alot of time asking, asking. I am one to sit and be quiet and wait and ask what He would have of me. I felt He was missing this too, with me.

Quote:
"After they had eaten, Jesus asked Simon Peter, 'Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these other things?'" (John 21:15).

Many precious believers are in love with the things of the Lord, but they are not in love with the Lord Himself.

Many Christian workers and ministers are in love with the Lord's work. Almost without realizing it, the work of the Lord becomes more important than the Lord of the work.

There are prophets and teachers who hold words from God in higher esteem than the God Who speaks the words they attribute as being from Him. People seek these words and teachings. The more they receive, the more they want. Before one word is digested they are craving another. They are seeking "things" - words, prophecies, teachings, visions, dreams - but they are not seeking the Lord Himself.

Is Jesus enough?

Quote:
How much of your focus is directed to the things of God, and not to God Himself? How much of your discussion centers on things about Jesus, and not Jesus Himself?

Quote:
Just look around. This brother is focused on end-time events, and that sister is devoted to inner healing. This brother is primarily concerned with prophetic things, while another sister is keenly interested in spiritual warfare. That brother is deeply involved with theological discussions, while that sister is in love with Christian music. One movement emphasizes this particular thing, and another group stands for another thing.

Quote:
There is only one solution. You do not need more of the Lord, because He has already given Himself completely to you already. You just need less of everything else.

(quotes by C.Brogden)

Following where He leads, Chanin

2004/1/11 20:48Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Many precious believers are in love with the things of the Lord, but they are not in love with the Lord Himself.

Yes, this is a tradegy of our day in Christiandom. We need to go out individually in our hearts to find God and worship Him accordinly.

[b]2 Samuel 14:28 (niv)[/b] - Absalom lived two years in Jerusalem without seeing the king's face.

Absalom is a 'type' of Christian that knows the 'king' (God) very well is actually part of his blood line, one of his very own sons. He lives in and among Jerusalem where the king dwells but doesn't come to see the king, the king's face. What an awful picture of the Christian who goes to church and is around Christian things, even as you stated Chanin, is in Christian ministry, but doesn't come to be intimate in relationship with God. We need to seek God's face these days for he desires it so much.

[b]2 Samuel 14:1 (niv)[/b] - Joab son of Zeruiah knew that [i]the king's heart longed for Absalom[/i].

God's heart longs for us.. for us to come to Him and give Him time and devotion. I see my ownself in this picture too many times getting busy with this website ministry, going to church and doing other things and neglecting the most important thing: seeking Him in the quiet place...

Praise God for His continual calling us back into His presence and love for only there we can find our true purpose in our Christian Life's.

2004/1/11 21:08Profile
moreofHim

Re:

AMEN! :-)

2004/1/11 22:15Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Chanin wrote Is Jesus enough?

Some years ago I was preaching in Tanzania. The Christians are very generous with their small resources and meals were always celebrations and consequently 'too much'. If you are visiting Christians in foreign countries I have learned that one of the first phrases you need to learn is 'it is enough'. In Swahili that is 'inatosha'. I used it constantly.

On one occasion I was invited into a very simple home of the edge of a town. In western terms we would have thought it a very poor home, hardly any furniture, hardly any possessions, a single electric light bulb that was moved from room to room as light was needed. On the wall hung a simple circle of woven bamboo with just 2 words painted on it in Swahili:

"Isa inatosha".... Jesus is enough.

2004/1/12 5:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy