SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : MUST READ: Read the Entire bible in 26 Days!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 MUST READ: Read the Entire bible in 26 Days!

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/revival/featuredresources5.gif[/img]

[b]26 Day Reading Plan[/b]

My prayer is that the Word of God would richly dwell in us (Colossians 3:16) and change us into fiercer Christians.

"Here, then, is the real problem of our negligence. We fail in our duty to study God's Word not so much because it is difficult to understand, not so much because it is dull and boring, but because it is work. Our problem is not a lack of intelligence or a lack of passion. Our problem is that we are lazy." - R.C. Sproul

This simply allows you to read through the [b]entire[/b] bible in 26 days by reading 30-50 chapters a day taking from one hour - two hours a day. I am going to sticky this post in this thread so that people can refer to this resource and print it out.

[b]Here is the schedule:[/b] 26 Day Bible Reading Plan [i]*(right click and choose save target as to save it to your desktop).[/i]

2006/6/25 20:42Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Read the Entire bible in 26 Days!

Here are some Scriptures to encourage you to Bible discipline:

Joshua 1: 6-9 - "Be strong and courageous, for you shall cause this people to inherit the land that I swore to their fathers to give them. Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success wherever you go. This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."

Psalm 119:9-11 - "How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you."

Psalm 119:105 - "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."

Psalm 119:162 - "I rejoice at your word like one who finds great spoil."

Proverbs 13:13 - "Whoever despises the word brings destruction on himself, but he who reveres the commandment will be rewarded."

Isaiah 55:10-11 - "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it."

Micah 4:2 - "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob, that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths." For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem."

Matthew 4:4 - "But he answered, "It is written, "'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

John 8:31 - "So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

John 17:17 - "Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth."

Romans 10:17 - "So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ."

Ephesians 5:25 - "...Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish."

Ephesians 6:13-17 - "Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."

2 Timothy 3:16-17 - "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work."

Hebrews 4:12 - "For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart."

1 John 2:14 - "...I write to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one."

Revelation 3:8,10 - "'I know your works. Behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth."

2006/6/25 20:42Profile
mamaluk

Re:

26 days, ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

I'd like that and I'm going to start today!

This has to be the toughest schedule I've ever encountered, but I will try.

thanks,
mamaluk

2006/6/26 11:25Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

that is a pretty rigorous plan! I started today and I'm almost done with the Genesis portion, only a few more chapters to go. Probably taken me an hour and a half so far just to go through the Genesis part.

It sounds really hard to do, but when you think about it, the average American (Christian even) spends way more than that amount of time in front of the TV everyday.

2006/6/26 11:33Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Quote:
This simply allows you to read through the entire bible in 26 days by reading 30-50 chapters a day taking from one hour - two hours a day.

At the risk of sounding a discordant note, I don't really understand this. I am often asked how we should read the Bible and I always answer with a single word "slowly". It is the 'entrance' of God's word that 'giveth light' and I have to question how much of the scripture is going to 'enter' at this pace.

2006/6/26 13:10Profile
mamaluk

Re:

Brethren,

In the past, reading through the entire Bible only casually took me at least one year, and since then I had read IT through 3.5 times, sloppily. Now I read different parts of IT each day slowly. But I still think I want to breeze through IT's entirety in 26 days. For me, I love to saturate my mind with Scriptures,since I get easily distracted by the world.

No less, I think that for someone who has the time and especially for those that are new in Faith, reading through the Bible, even briefly, might be better than just reading bits and pieces slowly to begin with (which I did in my younger years), in time, my 'theology' became quite lop-sided. Adding to the time I spent on books from all those fabulous and famous saints, slowly I set the Bible aside and replaced the Bible by reading man's writings. (e.g. 4 hours in books,but 10 minutes in Scripture each day.)

Strangest thing, the more I read man's writings, the more 'spiritual' and prideful I became, and the less I wanted to read what GOD has to say.
Thanks to the correction of the Holy Spirit, I now am more aware in setting aside the 'groves' in our 'high places' and return to the Scripture much more than before.

Truly, the Bible is alive, and that's what's so amazing, IT grooms our spirit, while with me anyways, man's writings groom the flesh.

This is in no way to undermine the great works of man through out the Christian history, who definitely taught me a great deal as well. However,, when shining man's work through the light of Scriptures, there's just no comparison.

just my humble testimony,
Sola Scriptura, In Christ
mml

2006/6/26 14:56Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

It's so important to read the scriptures. I would encourage those who haven't read the Bible through many times to get this a try. Our fellowship has read through the Bible as a congregation for several years during the month of January and it's been very beneficial to all who were willing to do it.

I wouldn't regularly do this (go through in 26 days) but one can read the scriptures several hours a day and read through the entire Bible many times, even slowly during the course of a year. I would encourage you to pray about it. It seemed as if some of the pieces of the Bible fit together differently the first time I did this.

2006/6/26 16:07Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:

philologos wrote:
Quote:
This simply allows you to read through the entire bible in 26 days by reading 30-50 chapters a day taking from one hour - two hours a day.

At the risk of sounding a discordant note, I don't really understand this. I am often asked how we should read the Bible and I always answer with a single word "slowly". It is the 'entrance' of God's word that 'giveth light' and I have to question how much of the scripture is going to 'enter' at this pace.

True, I agree, but we should get familiarised with the Bible as a whole along with all the storis and the like. This should be done every once in a while, however, we should read the Bible slowly as to study it well.

2006/6/26 16:16Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

well im going to do this, im new in the faith, not even one year old yet, and i have just been reading here and reading there, some times ive read whole books in one day, some days almost nothing but im begining to understand that you need to know the whole bible... you wont understand some things in the new until you understand the things in the old, sure you can know enough to get saved, but i want that deep spiritual life, i want to go all the way, and in my former life i could watch tv for hours... i could spend hours in drinking and doing drugs...i could spend hours in chasing after these sins...and then hours in doing them.
then i think we have no excuse not to chase after the living gods word.. well i dont know for anyone else but im going to do this. A real motivation is keith daniels sermon the word of god.
I hope you will listen to it, it will furter encurage you to read more of gods holy word

2006/6/26 16:46Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

I think I would like to do this.

I read all the way through last year, this year is reading every book twice doing the same thing. I would like to read the whole Bible reading each chapter twice.

What is strange is that while I thought reading every book twice would give a better bird's eye view of Scripture, what it did was make two or three verses burn into my memory in a way that I will never forget them, the way they were presented in the context. Here are some examples:

Num 12:3 (Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.)

Ruth 1:14 And they lifted up their voice, and wept again: and Orpah kissed her mother in law; but Ruth clave unto her.

1 Sam 11:2 And Nahash the Ammonite answered them, On this condition will I make a covenant with you, that I may thrust out all your right eyes, and lay it for a reproach upon all Israel.

:4 Then came the messengers to Gibeah of Saul, and told the tidings in the ears of the people: and all the people lifted up their voices, and wept.

:7 And he took a yoke of oxen, and hewed them in pieces, and sent them throughout all the coasts of Israel by the hands of messengers, saying, Whosoever cometh not forth after Saul and after Samuel, so shall it be done unto his oxen. And the fear of the LORD fell on the people, and they came out with one consent.

2006/6/26 16:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy