SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Letter to Street Preachers

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
dohzman

Re:

Yes. The hall of fame city.

2006/7/2 22:40Profile
dohzman

Re:

Quote:
I would have to agree that street preachers are all intercessors, but your definition of true intercession of flawedmy friend. I am grieved at the concsience vexing talk of much of this and all discussions of field preaching.

A true intercessor not only prays, but labors. Ravenhill said, "An intercessor is one who himself will take the load

Ravenhill wasn't talking about physically going and doing street preaching. He was talking about the work of intercedeing. Intercession is always standing in the way of JUDGEMENT, as in Abraham standing in the way of Sodoms judgement, or Abigail standing in the way of David bringing down judgement upon the head of her than worthless husband. Intercession is an act of placing our lives between Holy God and fallen man. The intercessor may never go to the harvest field, thier work is done in humility and prayer often with fastings and very often with great periods of silence and waiting. Brother Evan I'm going to say this as gently as I can, I doubt by your statement that you know intimately anything about true intercession outside of what you've read from the pen of other men. That my brother is a dangerous place to be when instructing other in a way or course. I would recommend that you study the examples of intercession in the bible and through out history.

Quote:
." How do you identify with your hearers? Ezekiel laid on his right and left side and only ate measured food and drank measured drink. Isaiah was naked for a period of time. John the baptist studied in the heat of the desert for all his life except around six months. What have you done to show God you are serious about reaching the sinners of this world?

Jesus taught that we are to go into the secret place of prayer, even to keep our fastings a secret, and pray to our Father in secret who will than reward us openly. Here too brother, I would be very careful, to become one of God's Living Parables is something one doen't take lightly, and in much the same way one shouldn't ask for patience (because we know that tribulation worketh patience), One shouldn't approach an area like this, it's best to leave somethings for the SOVERIENTY OF GOD in the life of His Chosen. We don't do our works to be seen of men, or at least we shouldn't. Wrong motive there.

Quote:
I cannot believe the audacity of many on this board to say that so-and-so is eaither unbiblical or even not saved simply because they preach a little more harsh and use terms that seem vulgar to the prim and propper ways of modern Christianity. Would you rebuke Elijah for saying to the prophets of baal "where is your God? Is he on a journey?" Can you catch the air of sarcasm? Elijah was inspired of God.

Paul wrote about those who preached out of contention, he neither encouraged nor applauded them for such but he did delight in the fact that Jesus name was being spread, we've seen the same in times of recent past, That godless broadway show many years ago,"Jesus Christ SuperStar", the show was wickedness, but the only redeemable thing was that the name of Jesus was out there, no doubt that opened up many oppurtunities for the truth to be spoken in love and our Lord to be glorified by His true servants. 1Co 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, and he himself is judged of no man.
1Co 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he should instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

In defense of those who are regulars on this board, I would have to judge most of them as being serious students of the Lord's and therefore they are instructed to judge all things, not in a manner of condemnation but in a manner of correction, admonition and instruction, edification. I personally don't know the individual they refered to. Based on some of the tags and information that was set before all of us, I would say the person they refered to could use the wisdom and influence of an older more Christ Like minister in his life on a very personal and accountable basis. Bro. Daryl

2006/7/10 2:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy