SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : My Recent Dream about the Burden of the Unmentionable Calling ...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
i read somewhere where a brother said that at the end of the 70's, beginning of the early 80's that God raised up some to the unmentionable calling to drag their burdens thru-out the house of God and that know those servants have become pretty quiet, a lot of them pretty beaten up by the children of God for being bulls in their china shops

I know of a friend of mine who holds the office of a prophet which he went to the church he was attending, and "shook nations" so to speak in the late 80's early 90's. But today after being beaten up by the church, shy's away from going into any church. But he does share some things to the body on an individual basis.

That church that once manifested the power of God in great demonstration has sold it's birthright for a bowl of soup.

Even though I speak this way, I too am no different. The feeling of being lost seems to be a common thing in and amongst believers everywhere. When one begins to remember how one spent his time when he first fell in love with the LORD. One begins to wonder what happened. "Things" have crowded in, things that one would like to get rid of but has so joined oneself to it, that one doesn't know how to tear the hand off, that is causing the offence. One gropes in the darkness, knowing not where he goes, but knows that something is wrong, but doesn't know how to get back into the light. One thinks about repenting, but alas no tears, just words. One thinks to repent anyway, only to shun away from the thought because one will do it again and fall prey to sin again, so why bother. It's an endless cycle of sin/repent, sin/repent. I am sure there are many ones out there that must feel the same way.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

2006/6/20 20:36
Rahman

Re:

mamaluk ...

i know you're honestly coming from where you spiritually are at present ... But scripture says that when we're weak, then He is made strong so He's got some fertile ground in you in which to glorify Himself ... So i'm praying earnestly to our Lord that by His Spirit He will soon take you from "over-whelmed" to "over-comer" ...

There's a reason why our Lord had your previous spiritual mother pound the necessity of Ephesians spiritual armour to you ... It's more than important to a Christian soldiers well-being, it's essential!

May i admonish you to keep reading Eph. 6 till you can stand in a mirror and see your complete spiritual suit of armour on, while naming what each piece is and does ...

This will help:
http://www.judahsglory.com/kidskjv/armor.html

Blessings and strength to you in the love of Jesus Christ! ... ;-)

PS - Also don't forget vs. 18 as part of the armor, it's often omitted: "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints"

2006/6/21 14:31Profile
Rahman

Re: My Recent Dream about the Burden of the Unmentionable Calling ...

(((Hi bro Karl(Healingwaters) ...

Good to see you still knocking around SI ...

Please forgive this long reply but mine is a burden to proclaim repentance and you hit a gusher in me with your statement of "why bother" to keep in repentace ...)))

Healingwaters you wrote;
"I know of a friend of mine who holds the office of a (the unmentionable calling) ... But today after being beaten up by the church, shy's away from going into any church. But he does share some things to the body on an individual basis."

(((As stated previously i've purposely not used the "p" word you used and the "j" word as they are both lightning rods ... What i've learned on SI is that i can freely talk about the burden of the Lord that comes with the calling as long as i don't mention the calling, and i can get away with the word "correction" in reference to Christ dealing with His house tho scripture itself uses the "j" word ...

i can certainly understand why your friend chose flight after a while. i've done that a time or two myself, but in my case having to drag my burden thru only one pastor's house (to continue the analogy) i got sent back by Holy Spirit's unction three times ... After the third time i heard our Lord say in my spirit that i'd done all that He'd required me to do in that season, and that He'd (personally) handle my pastor from there ...

Shortly after that i went to a house prayer meeting because the same dear sister refered to in this thread called me and told me that God's man of that house had said to her that anyone who'd been seeking our Lord for an answer as to what to do next should come ... Well i'd been asking our Lord if i could leave (flee actually) my present assignment because there was nothing for me there ... i'd said/written to the pastor what i believe our Lord told me to finally do and it became a really further alienating experience ... i went to that prayer meeting and the word that came forth for me was out of Jeremiah stating that i could either stay (at my present assignment) or go with the Captain of the Guard (who i viewed as Holy Spirit) to Babylon (which i viewed as an oppurtunity to "thus saith the Lord" to the nations) ... i chose the latter, because nobody can beat a fellow saint down like other saints ... When fellow folk (especially pastors) in Christ take on a "well just who do you think you are" attitude about someone dragging the burden of an unmentionable, that persons in for a bruising ... And God help you if you humanly react to that bruising, because it will be used as further proof/justification that you can't possibly be a spokesman for our Lord, tho even Elijah himself ran having an actual ability to call down fire from heaven ...

i'm now in the same place as your friend in sharing my burden with individuals, tho i don't shy away from all churches ... As long as i don't hear our Lord telling me to confront a pastor i can get along fine, tho i'm still turning off some saints)))

Healingwaters you wrote;
"That church that once manifested the power of God in great demonstration has sold it's birthright for a bowl of soup.

Even though I speak this way, I too am no different. The feeling of being lost seems to be a common thing in and amongst believers everywhere. When one begins to remember how one spent his time when he first fell in love with the LORD. One begins to wonder what happened."

(((The same has happened with my assignment ... i've asked about this to our Lord often ... He assigned me to a Pentecostal circle, and in the past 25 years i see where that circle has lost it's grasp on the quest for holiness it had back then ...

Amen on that sense of many saints feeling lost, tho mind you i know that all saints ain't feeling lost, but i encounter many past the pretense of "i'm blessed" ... In retro i think the major thing that's happened to the Body of Christ is that we've been leavened by this false gospel of prosperity ... First love of Christ for me is that initial fiery zeal to love, honor, worship and adore Jesus, with that equal zeal toward the first work, that of telling others about Him! ... First love/works for God to me is to seek His face and feet, but that seems to have been replaced with a seeking of His hands ... We've been altered from seeking what we can do for God to show Him how much we love Him, to seeking from God what He can do for us to show us how much He loves us (as tho He could do anything above His sending His Son to die for our sins toward our re-obtaining what Adam lost for us) ... It's like it's come down to ok Lord i appreciate you sending Jesus but that's only an invisible blessing, but if you really want to show me you love me give me that big house on the hill ...

We've all been tainted by this prosperity horror to a greater or lesser degree, and it's what i hear our Lord saying to me that has saddened His heart so ... The love of money is the root of evil, and our pursuit of it as a nation, and more importantly as His Body is reeking all kinds of spiritual havoc ... In my prior assignment within 25 years it's went from emphasis on Bible Study to emphasis on how to make all our programs bigger, better and more exciting to the soul/flesh in order to bring in more $$$ ... Striving for kingdom building elevates the spirit of man because that's what Holy Spirit is all about, and this is the only outcome when truly Holy Spirit is bearing witness with our spirit (it's inspiration) ... But empire building, that of taking on the money centered corporate ideology of the purpose driven church, elevates the soul and flesh of man, grieves the Holy Spirit thereby starving man's spirit, and eventually doing serious damage to him soul and flesh (it's perspiration in direct conflict with the will of God and somewhere along the line He will make it fail) ...

He's given us space to pro-actively repent, but like Israel we ain't gonna believe Him until we have to re-act to His divine correction ... So it's no wonder to me that i'm hearing our big Dagon idol of materialism whose fire we're sacrificing our children in is about to be toppled, to the destruction of all the false wall builders who've gotten rich in their Balaamism ...

It's amazing to me how much trouble an unmentionable can get into by making such statements in the house of God ... It's statements like these that have caused a lot of ire from those who cross into my assignment ... With me bro Karl i don't feel lost, if anything there was a time when i would have like to have gotten lost, nay what i feel more often is lonely, being all by myself, and that sometimes gives me a most awful sadness ... But blessed be the name of our Lord, for weeping only endureth for a night, but joy cometh in the morning ... In this "wait" my flesh may still want to throw a fit every now and then but in my spirit i'm sitting at the Jordan, dawns glimmer just breaking the darkness, and i'm/we're going to the promised land! )))

Healingwaters you wrote;
"Things" have crowded in"

(((Exactly!!!)))

Healingwaters you wrote;
"One gropes in the darkness, knowing not where he goes, but knows that something is wrong, but doesn't know how to get back into the light. One thinks about repenting, but alas no tears, just words. One thinks to repent anyway, only to shun away from the thought because one will do it again and fall prey to sin again, so why bother. It's an endless cycle of sin/repent, sin/repent. I am sure there are many ones out there that must feel the same way."

(((Bro Karl you seem to be just as prone to feeling sorry for your self as i am :-P .

Amen there are a lot of saints entertaining this same self pity, but the important thing is is it fleeting or is it chronic? ... Mine once was chronic, but now happens to be fleeting and i think it's this way because of a few things ...

1 - i keep my face in my Bible about His assurances ...
2 - Because of #1 Holy Spirit has much ammo to shoot down my self pity when it rises ...
3 - Holy Spirit has shown me that my proness to self pity only manifests itself when i become refocused on me (what i can't do), and that it evaporates once my focus is brought back on Christ (what He's already done) ...

i once felt about repentance similar to what you've expressed ... We all have sin(s) that so easily beset us, many that we've placed varying degrees of "guilt" on (this usually greatly influenced by what the majority think) ... We have a sin, we yield, ad-nausem, and as you said, in the throes of self pity the question becomes "why bother to keep on repenting'? ... What i'm about to post is not for anyone who uses 1John 1: 9 as a liscence for continual sin, but for we truly fighting the spiritual battle ...

i think we keep on repenting ...

1 - Because even tho seemingly continual, it's an outward manifestation to Christ that we acknowledge our wrong ...
2 - Because it's a manifestation to the devil that no matter what our weakness we trust our Lord to forgive us of all unrighteousness ...
3 - Because it's a manifestation to us that we're ever mindful that we are not our own, tho we may still be acting with our flesh like we are ...
4 - Because we're indwealt by Holy Spirit and it is He Who's giving us that gnawing conviction to repent, and that we never want to get ourselves to the point of what's the use of reacting to that conviction in consequence of perhaps being turned over to a re-probate mind ... Uggghhhh ...
5 - Because eventually i believe after a point the sin(s) that we struggle with will substantially decrease, and eventually cease in our gaining of a more mature love for Christ due to an increasing understanding of the brevity of what He's done for us ... We are in Him, He has overcome the world, thereby the same power that is Him worketh in us, giving us His strength to as Nancy Reagan used to say "Just Say No" ... i'm not totally perfect in this either but when i'm determined that i can do all things thru Christ strength (and not my own) i can walk away from sin ... Our Lord showed me something about this scripture:

Rom.12
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

We all in Christ, by God's grace, have the ability to "present" our bodies either to God or to our desires ... Now as a babe in Christ i'll cede that it's possible to still fall prey to sin, but speaking as someone who now has a certain maturity in Christ falling prey to sin is not what we old heads do ... We oldsters willfully make the decision to present ourselves to sin, and from experience i can tell you that this is when i really gag on repenting ... But God is faithful, even when we're not, and it was in times like that that i could hear Holy Spirit screaming at me to repent, and so i did ... But i'll tell you this bro. Karl i do have a much increased love of Christ that now helps me to sin less, but the greatest deterent to sinning period in my life now is not wanting to feel the unnecessary awfulness of Holy Spirit's grieving within me as He's crying His conviction toward obtaining my repentance ... i feel so much more better in my everyday life when i feel what i call "clear" before our Lord ... 1John 1:9 with it's ability via repentance to clense us anew is such a vital weapon in our armory against satan when he comes at us with his accusatory finger after we've committed wrong ...

These scriptures come to mind showing me that our Lord already knows our struggles and that we'll all have our bouts with sin(s) as long as we're still on this side of glory ...

Matt.18
[21] Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
[22] Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

1John.1
[8] If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
[9] If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Rom.7
[18] For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
[19] For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
[20] Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
[21] I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
[22] For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
[23] But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
[24] O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
[25] I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Heb.12
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

And finally in answer to your statement of "why bother" in regards continual repentance, this is one of my most beloved passages of scripture ...

Heb.4
[14] Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
[15] For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
[16] Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Bro Karl (brothers and sisters), if this ain't reason enough to keep repenting before our righteous and loving God i don't know what else to say ...

All praises to our God who has covered all our bases even before we ever get there - Jude 1:24)))

2006/6/21 14:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy