SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : talking in tounges???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
Logic

Re:

Stever wrote:

Quote:
I mainly use tongues as an individual prayer language

We are not supposed to [b]use[/b] the gift of tongues.

The Holy Spirit uses us and gives us the utterance.

If you are the one initiating the tongues by the effoert of your own will, it is just like me pretending to speek in a nother langage. This is futile.
Any body can talk like in a nother language, I was at age 10 with out the Spirit.

Quote:
The gift of tongues is received at the Baptism of the Holy Ghost.

I am baptised in the Spirit and did not speek ing tongues and still don't.

Quote:
Both Clarkforest and Logic seem to be opposed to all forms of this gift.

I don't, My friend prays in tonguse and I agree with him.
He says its like being filled to the top almost running over in the Spirit the as you can't be filled any more, it is like over flowing of the Spirit and the he recievs the gift.

Like a cup of water filled to the brim with water and you put an ice cube in it & then it over flows.

My friend says he was praying in tonguse one day and then the gift lifted and he wanted to keep praying in tonges, so he did. The God said to him, "STOP THAT".

He started doing it out of his flesh, from his own effort or will.

Quote:
When (the date and time) exactly did each of you receive this baptism of Fire, The Baptism of the Holy Ghost?

I forget the exact date, but, aroung 15 years ago.
Quote:
What were the circumstances of this baptism? Where did it take place, who was there, etc.

[b]Act 1:8 [color=990000]But ye shall receive power[/b], after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.[/color]

Power to lead a holy life, Power to understand His Word, Power to pray with understanding, Power to witness, Power to ect....
Quote:
Since neither of you have received the gift of tongues, what other gifts have you received from this baptism, if you have received it?

The gift of Faith, word of wisdom, divine healing.

2006/6/27 21:47Profile

Re:

Logic posted:

I am baptised in the Spirit and did not speek ing tongues and still don't.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't, My friend prays in tonguse and I agree with him.
He says its like being filled to the top almost running over in the Spirit the as you can't be filled any more, it is like over flowing of the Spirit and the he recievs the gift.

Like a cup of water filled to the brim with water and you put an ice cube in it & then it over flows.

My friend says he was praying in tonguse one day and then the gift lifted and he wanted to keep praying in tonges, so he did. The God said to him, "STOP THAT".

He started doing it out of his flesh, from his own effort or will.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stever's response:

I have the same experience your friend has. I pray in tongues when I get the "unction" in my throat, and it just comes upon me. Also, when I am praying in the Spirit, in tongues, the "unction" comes to me again, after I have initiated the prayer myself.

Of all of the people that I am associated with, that have this gift (about 100 people, male and female) all experience the use of this gift (tongues) in the same way that I have described it.

I find your friends experience to be out of the norm from what I have read, as well as my own personal experience, and those that I know that have the gift of tongues.

God bless,

Stever :-D

2006/6/27 23:29
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

Stever wrote:

I won't go into as much detail as I did in the PM, but to put it on record, [b]reread my posts[/b] and see f you still think I'm "oposed to [b]all forms[/b] of this gift".

:-)

2006/6/29 8:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy