SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Isaiah 35:8

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Isaiah 35:8

"A highway shall be there, and a road, and it shall be called the Highway of Holiness. The unclean shall not pass over it, but it shall be for others. Whoever walks the road, although a fool, shall not go astray." Isaiah 35:8

This verse was given to me by the Lord when I responded to His calling me into ministry. I noticed in the thread, Speaking in tongues, Hisrock paraphased this verse also as one that seems fundamental to him.

Question: Has the Lord given this verse to anyone else?

In Christ
Jeff

2004/1/10 0:21Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: Isaiah 35:8

Hi Jeff
It is a favourite verse of mine too, but with a special connotation. Among people who know me I am notorious for my 'sense of direction'. Over the years my constant 'being lost' undermines confidence on all kinds of other things. In the UK they have funeral corteges. From the church building to the graveside card travel very slowly in convey. On one occasion I was driving the 6th of 12 cars in the cortege, and managed to get lost 'out of the convoy' in bewteen the hall and the graveside. :-P and I cannot reverse journies so on the way back I am always lost. In countless journies I had said to myself , 'oh you are a fool!'

At a point in time the Lord reassured me of His care for my progress with the words of your verse. In my version, "the fool shall not err therein". I knew then that I was safe. I knew I qualified for the first bit "the fool" so I knew I could rely on Him for the 'not erring' bit.

2004/1/10 5:30Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Hi Brother Ron,

Everyone around me would say that the Lord had a calling on my life. Over here that means some type of full time ministry. Yet I had not recieved the call from my Lord. In the mean time I started to count the cost. In my flesh, I started to divest of the home we had lived in for 9 years. I was struggling with the idea of retiring early from a job I have had for 24 years. My family of course was also caught up in [b]my[/b] endeavors.

Like the Lord had done for you, He did likewise for me. He gave me peace with this Scripture.

Thankyou for sharing
In Christ
Jeff

2004/1/10 21:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy