SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Do you want to put off meeting me ?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
aeryck

United Kingdom

Do you want to put off meeting me ?

Hi there SI family,

This is my 2nd post in quite awhile. I think it belongs here.

'I love my books and I love my music, very much. I especially love putting on the car stereo, though only one speaker works, and travelling along the ocean roads near my home and just getting blessed out of my leather boots. I also love to sit and read good books that are all about the Lord, and the adventures that family members are having while living half in heaven and half on this sod. It is great to enjoy these things.

However, one morning, as I pulled up outside my house in the VW, still basking in some really great music, I started out talking aloud to the Lord.

I said,

"Oh Lord if only I could have more time (I am a grey beard) I would be able to listen to all the music, and all the books..." and I stopped, it was a question...immediately a thought flashed through my mind,

"Do you want to put off meeting me ?" I sat there crushed. I did not love the Lord, but loved the things of the Lord, though the difference is subtle, it was enough for this word from God, to stop my silliness and let me focus on what is really important. The purifying hope we share, we are 'strangers in a strange land, just passing through', we are one day going to meet Him who satisfies us and completes us totally, face to face. Jesus

2006/6/14 3:31Profile

Re: Do you want to put off meeting me ?

aeryck,

I was hoping someone else would pick up on this post, first.

This profoundly life-changing incident you had, reminds me of the account given by a brother who was travelling in Nigeria with another man, when they were stopped at one of the many military road blocks back in those days. They were threatened with being shot in the head on the count of ten. The brother relating the incident found himself praising the Lord at the prospect of meeting him so soon, while the other man was terrified. Simply hearing his account, challenged me deeply, to know which side of Jordan my treasure lay. I'm sure it helped me to consciously value the things of this life, less. But, that is probably all. I had not seen the Lord, nor understood His beauty nor the real meaning of the gospel, in those days.

Quote:
The purifying hope we share, we are 'strangers in a strange land, just passing through', we are one day going to meet Him who satisfies us and completes us totally, face to face. Jesus

Amen. 8-) I don't think we'll want shades in that day,
but you know what I mean. :-P

2006/6/19 7:37

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy