Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can someone please explain this to me

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
luckyd

tx

Can someone please explain this to me

http://whydoesgodhateamputees.com/jesus.htm
I can see how this guy would make lots of sense to many people and the problem is that if someone ever brings these kind of things up in real life and i should say something i wont know what to say. So i guess my question is, can someone please explain a few of these things he says.

2006/6/4 1:12Profile

Re: Can someone please explain this to me

Many, many people reject Jesus Christ. These are the ones who will agree with this expounder of nonsense.
One must be irrational to reject the account of Jesus given us from the scriptures, written by eye wittnesses.

One doesn't have a conversation with an irrational person. With them it has to be "felt", not "telt". Unfortunately most of that circle will "felt" it too late in time for them to reconsider their irrationality. So the answer to your question is NO. There is nothing you can say that will alter his nonsensical reasoning. Only the power of God in our lives will mean anything -- and that not to him but the God alone.

Acts 17:28 (NASB-U)
for in Him we live and move and exist, .........., 'For we also are His children.'

:-orm

2006/6/4 6:08
Stan53

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

This one is a classic example of some one who has not a clue what he is talking about. Actually it reminds me of one of my own sayings: "Better to let some one think I am a fool than to open my mouth and prove it!" Now I am not saying this guy is a fool but.... well..... you know.....
Let me quote one bit of his verbal, well you know what I mean....
("He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. This is a quote.. now listen to the gentleman's take on this. "This is "good" news? Jesus doesn't love his enemies at all.")
Now compare what he says with what I believe is correct:
Now here he shows is lack of understanding of the scripture. Have a look at John 3:17-18. Jesus here explains straight up front. It isn't God who condemns you. It is your own unbelief. How can you lay a charge at some one else when in fact you have made the decision to reject Christ in the first place. Now what Jesus doesn't say here, but I will, is that in fact you are the one rejecting Christ.
Does that make sense? Can you see where the guy is wrong in what he says?
You see it doesn't normally take long to shoot holes in wrong thinking. I rather think this is a prime example as to why we should always read study and so on. It is so important to rightly divide the word.

2006/6/4 6:42Profile
Kolombian

Colombia

Dear Luckyd,

When talking about Yeshua you’ll always find too many opinions about Him. People who don’t have not even a glimpse of hunger for knowing the truth will reject Him and His word, and more than that, will do anything to take away anyone who is seeking for the truth. Note at the beginning of the text that this man wrote what is his first annotation before his explanations: “If you had never heard of Jesus before, and you decided you wanted to learn about him by reading the Bible, what sort of person would you discover?” Here we see how this man just want to confuse people and gave then his interpretation of what Yeshua said, and who He is.

The main thing here dear, is that just the believe in God doesn’t save us, but TO believe Him marks the difference. And the Christian life is only by faith, and we just can decide to believe what the Bible said about LOVE, FORGIVENESS, and REDEMPTION.

All men after the fall in Eden came to sin, all those who came after that ARE sinners and that is something we can’t never change, because this nature is corrupted. For example, see this carefully. To a child you never have to teach him how to lie, how to deceive or how to be cruel with others…this is something that they just by nature do. Nevertheless he must be taught to say the truth and to be always sincere if you want him to LOVE the truth.

What I want to say with all this? Well, what I’m talking is about the justified love of God for us, and the NECESITY of Truth with which we were born. And the Bible says about Yeshua or Jesus:
“For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.” Hebrews 4.15. And this is the redemption plan of God to ALL men. Yeshua were a man like us but he NEVER sinned, because the Spirit of God was IN Him from the beginning of his life. See when the angel of God appeared to Maria and tell her that Yeshua will be born, and that The Holy Ghost would generate him. This only means that Yeshua was 100% man, and 100% divine, ‘cause His life was hidden in God. The Bible also says about Adam (the first man on earth) that he was a ‘living soul’ (Gen 2:7) But about Yeshua Bible says another thing: “And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam (Yeshua) was made a quickening spirit.” (1 Cor.15:45)
With this we understand just by the power and revelation of the Spirit that Jesus came to earth to REDEEM our souls, to give us the life that we lost in the Eden, and to give us the chance to enjoy a life IN Him, a life that allows us to live in the Truth always and that cleans us of all our sin. Yeshua is the master plan of salvation for men, He is a man but also He’s the son of God. He never did on earth what He thought it was fine, not even did anything by himself, but just the will of God and what His Father gave him to do, “For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.” John 6:38 (see also John 4:34, 5:30, John 6:39)
And here is what we see the great love of Yeshua to all human creation. We in our own flesh and sinner condition cannot reach the salvation, because in us reigns evil. But this can be changed by Yeshua, this is why we find that He says about himself: “He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life” 1 John 5:12. Because if we receive Him in our hearts as our Savior and we are repented of all our sins and we find ourselves exhausted of our falling ways, we can go unto Him and REST IN HIM of all our lives, of all our decisions, and find eternal peace in His life. He says: “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Mat 11:28-30) What is this that He said: “For I am meek and lowly in heart”? This talks about His obedient heart for God, for His Father, because as he said he came down to do the will of HIM that sends him. Yeshua know how to live a life in the truth, a life that is not a nightmare, a live where surely we will have difficulties and sorrows, but our life will be hidden in his, and even in the courageous storm we will be in peace:

“Now it came to pass on a certain day, that he went into a ship with his disciples: and he said unto them, Let us go over unto the other side of the lake. And they launched forth. But as they sailed he fell asleep: and there came down a storm of wind on the lake; and they were filled with water, and were in jeopardy. And they came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we perish. Then he arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm. And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him.” (Luke 8:22-25)
This story doesn’t mean that Yeshua was a sleeper or that he had serious problems with it, what God want us to see and UNDERSTAND with this, is that Yeshua was in peace, even in such a hard moment. He was proving his disciples, their faith in God, and what he could see was that they where falling from their faith in God. And this can be seen also as a lesson of life for us, it tell us that we as Yeshua did in that difficult moment can rest in God, can be trusted in that God will do, and has everything in his control, and that we have the power given by him of trust that we’ll be fine in God’s will or we can decide better do things under the power of our own will and be desperate as the disciples were.

Now, BECAUSE of Love is that Yeshua came to earth and died for us, for his Spirit can give us life, and again we read an allegory from him about this: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.” John 12:24. What he means with this is that if he did not die, then the life that abides in Him could not be given to us, because it would just abide alone, but his sacrifice were necessary for us to be forgiven and redeemed of all our sins, the Bible says that he care all our sins unto the cross, that he become himself sin, all just for us to have life, the real life in Him, the life that reside in His Spirit, “but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit” That’s the way we know the Holy Ghost, as that one who consoles us and plies in heavens for us (if we are IN Him).

Now dear friend, you cannot understand correctly all the passages that this man quotes over there if you’re not identified with an wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked heart as God sees us WITHOUT Him. That’s why men cannot understand these truths, because in his self pride he can’t accept that somebody calls him miserable, and poor and blind. Man think he is fine in his condition, man think he’s the owner of the world and man think his to good to need someone to lead his steeps. But God, The Father, He knows anything of that is truth, he knows we need Him to live, and that’s why he send us Jesus so that we can find the live that he wanted from the beginning for us.

So interpretations of the Word of God like those what can show us is the terrible blindness of all men in their own opinion and sin, that’s why Paul says: “For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.” (1 Cor 1:21-25)

We cannot see things as God sees them unless we start seeing trough the eyes of Yeshua, trough the eyes of the Spirit. No one can give a true interpretation of the Word of God unless his soul finds reached about Him.

My friend, ONLY God can show you the veracity of Yeshua (Jesus) only Him can give you the answers that you’re looking for. No men, no soul, no by our power, not by our own wisdom, but by the power and Wisdom of that who Create All. For the Bible says: “And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.” 1 Cor 1:28-29
To the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

2006/6/4 9:15Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Quote:
So i guess my question is, can someone please explain a few of these things he says.

[i]But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.[/i] 1Co 2:14

All the more reason to leave off crafting a particular response if and when this sort of question may arrive and [i]be[/i] that which we are. Nothing has changed brother, they misunderstood Him from the get go, misrepresented Him as many do still and His response to it all by and large was to leave them well enough alone in their pride and presumption. It is a grand note to observe that the Lord never argued with anyone.

[i]And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say: For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.[/i]
Luk 12:11,12

[i]It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?[/i] Mat 10:25

2006/6/4 9:50Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

i know the bible is clear on how people will recive the gospel, but heard about this people who make it a life mission to prove god dont exist and so on...
i feel sorry for them, they spend so much time they write books, they are on tv shows, they waste their time money and effort to do this. i just cant understand it, if you dont belive in god...why do you waste your energy on it? why make it your life mission to prove some people wrong, i love those stories people who were trying to do so that later came to belive. glory to god, i often have this talk whit people and friends and family, since im the only one saved(yet)
but you can discuss how the world was created you can discuss jesus and people can say i dont belive that, then i say well this happend to me..... one moment i was unsaved the next gods holy ghost came and made me a new man, now ALL is new i talk in a new way i think in a new way, i spend my time in a new way i dont sleep whit different women, i dont drink i dont do drugs any more,i pray and read the word. i get up early i do what is right, i talk clean now
im a loving father and a husband
and JESUS did it, HE lives in me!!!!

now they can say what they want belive what they want but noone can say that is not so becuse im here..... I walk whit god on this earth!!

so we are the living evidence of a living god.
let them say what they say, one day everyone will see the truth, until then tell everyone the truth

gods peace
christian

2006/6/4 13:37Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
...Holy Ghost came and made me a new man. Now ALL is new. i talk in a new way. i think in a new way. i spend my time in a new way. i dont sleep with different women. i dont drink. i dont do drugs any more. i pray and read the word. i get up early i do what is right. i talk clean now. Now they can say what they want believe what they want but noone can say that is not so because im here..... I walk with God on this Earth!!

So we are the living evidence of a living god.

Well said, Christian! Amen!

MC

2006/6/4 15:40Profile
Compton

Re:

To suggest the most effective proof of the Bible, J. Vernon McGee told this story.

Several bible scholars were sitting around a table and discussing which translation of the Bible was the most clear to the common man. The first nominated the King James because of it's accuracy and beauty. The next professor suggested the Revised Standard for it's literalness. Then several more scholars each suggested different versions for various reasons.

At last there was one Bible teacher who had not answered yet. When everyone looked at him for his input he scratched his beard and said. "I suppose, of all the all the translations of the Bible I have known, I would have to say my favorite is my mother, because she translated it into her life.

BTW, part of the late Vernon McGee's testimony is that he abandonded the preaching of apologetics early in his ministry. He said he learned that while apologetics can help a person believe that the Bible is the Word of God, only the Holy Spirit can enable a person to know this is so.

Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

MC

2006/6/5 0:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy