SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Who then is a Christian?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Who then is a Christian?

Who Then is a Christian?

Defining Christianity is not an easy task these days. It has become so polluted with false doctrine and anti-biblical truth that anybody with anything on their mind religious uses the name. What is most critical about this is the world and even people in Christian churches do not know what Christianity is. To make it very simple, my definition is that Christianity is Christ. Nothing else - nothing else added to it and nothing else needed - just Christ. However, Christians without the knowledge that Christ is their life have become promoters and advertisers of their special brand of Christianity, or their denominational rules or their doctrines.

This means there is hardly to be found anywhere a pure or even near pure Scriptural Christianity. The term “Christian” was formed at Antioch by Paul and Barnabas when they were teaching there (Acts 11:26). There are many that teach the early Pentecostal church was a truly Christian church. But this is not so. The early church was a kingdom church (Joel 2:28, Acts 2:16) that had never heard the full gospel of grace and had never come into Paul’s gospel of Christ in you. It is my conclusion that no one can be Biblical Christians without a revelation of Christ as his life (Gal. 2:20).

1) Christianity is not just about the historical Christ. The historical record in the four gospels tell you all about Him and there are thousands of historical books that tell about Him. It is only when you get into Paul’s Epistles that He - Christ - ever becomes the life of the believer. A Christian is one in whom Christ lives. It is not that Christ gives something to the believer, but rather Christ is the life of the believer and His only life to the Father that birthed him.

2) Christianity is 4th dimensional. It is a mystery (Col. 1:26-27). It is the birthing of a new creation - a person that has never lived before - a person that will never die - because he has eternal life - Christ-life - in him.

3) Christianity demands nothing from an adherent other than to believe on Jesus Christ as his Savior. The denomination, the church doctrines and the religious programs can add nothing to salvation. Therefore, to put it bluntly, Baptist are not Christians. Methodist are not Christians. Pentecostals are not Christians. Catholics are not Christians. But because of the personal work of the Holy Spirit in a believer’s life, some Christians are Baptist, some Christians are Methodist, some Christians are Pentecostal and some Christians are Catholic. When Christianity becomes a tool of some group to promote their doctrine and ignore Paul’s message of grace then they are not Christians.

4) Christianity demands that a believer be willing to give up his old life (Rom. 6:6) and cease to serve sin. This is the message and essence of the cross and Christianity without the cross is life-less and Christ-less (II Cor. 2:2). Christianity is not our works for the Lord but rather His work in us and through us.

By: Warren Litzman

[email protected]

In Christ: Phillip

2006/5/27 23:40Profile
Logic

Re: Who then is a Christian?

I am a Christian because [color=990000]I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. [/color][b]Galatians 2:20[/b]

2006/5/28 0:47Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Amen, me too.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/5/28 2:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy