SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Let it rain!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Truthspeaker

Let it rain!

Below is a word God gave me 3 weeks ago..
We had some rainy days when God spoke to me on the weather..

[i]If you want rain, you need dark clouds. Rain is refreshing and necessary, but before the rain falls, dark clouds will build up and tension will arise. However, rain is needed to bring forth a fruitful harvest, or the seeds will yield little fruit. Rain brings life! Sunny times of prosperity are pleasant, but prolonged times of dryness bring desert times, or even death! Do not worry! The amount of suffering God allows you to go through, equals the comforting He will give you.

Scripture: Matthew 13:18-23[/i]

This is one of many words I have received lately.. I just wanted to put this one up and have you look into this.. is this really from God, etc.. so with a humble spirit I submit this to you..

God bless y'all.

2006/5/20 10:42Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Let it rain!

Your insight resonated well with my spirit.

If the rain and clouds are symbolic of adversity, this is an awesome picture of reality. I do not know of any who come to the LORD in repentance without adversity pushing them to that point of decision. One has to feel and be hopeless in the situation he/she is in. Otherwise, when all goes well, one does not sense a need for a Savior.

Now the dryness: this is more complex. In plants, if one has its roots deep into the soil, it will be impervious to dryness, or at least it will be better able to survive it until the rains come....unless you are a desert plant and even then this does hold true. The key here is to sink your roots deep into the soil so when dryness occurs, you will still be tapped into moisture which will provide adequate nutrition to sustain life. A shallow root systen will cause a plant to wither when the rains are infrequent. This is reflected in ones spiritual life as well.

Any more comments?

Good post, IMHO,
ginnyrose

2006/5/20 11:42Profile
Truthspeaker

Re:

Rain = times of refreshing from the LORD..
Clouds are symbolic of adversity..

If we don't face adversity our life with the LORD will be superficial. We'll end up as spoilt kids.. our journey of faith is supposed to bring us into maturity.

If we are deeply rooted in our soil, we can have times of dryness/barrenness/lack of the LORD's presence, without being heavily damaged/withered..

That's my own interpretation..

God bless yall.

2006/5/20 13:33Profile
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

Bro. Paul,

Thank you for sharing. Revelation from the Lord is such a wonderful thing.

Quote:
Clouds are symbolic of adversity..

If we don't fave adversity our life with the LORD will be superficial. We'll end up as spoilt kids.. our journey of faith is supposed to bring us into maturity.

If we are deeply rooted in our soil, we can have times of dryness/barrenness/lack of the LORD's presence, without being heavily damaged/withered..

True. We should be oh so deeply rooted in our soil.

2006/5/20 14:13Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: Let it rain!

Hi my dutch brother! :-)

Thank you for sharing what God has put in your heart.

Quote:
"The amount of suffering God allows you to go through, equals the comforting He will give you."

As I was reading this, it came to me the verse from the Romans 8:18
"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."

I agree with yours and ginnyrose points.
How can we look for water if we are not thirsty?
How can we ask something from the Lord if we already have it? And where will be our thankfulness? How much times someone is more grateful to the Lord for the daily bread which he is waiting from Him everyday, compare to many of us that have bread every day as something granted?
Well, yes, I believe God will give us dryness to ask for rain with passion...

Just thoughts...

God bless you.

2006/5/20 18:41Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:

"He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire"
-Matthew 3:11

**Baptizo in the Greek meant to "dunk," "dip," "plunge," "submerge," or "immerse." **

Rain...maybe rain of fire for the Lord?

Maybe Ravenhill is right when he is saying:
"And I believe that God is holding back, until we get to the point where we say, “I can’t live another day without the fire of God!” You need the fire of God to pray! You need the fire of God to see visions! You need the fire off God to RECOGNIZE…there is no help for us!"

We all need rain of fire for the Lord.
Let it rain!

2006/5/20 19:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy