SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The bible is NOT the Word of God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

Combat_Chuck wrote:
[b]Defend the Bible? I would as soon defend a lion! Unchain it and it will defend itself. – C. H. Spurgeon [/b]

Nice ;-)

2006/6/7 20:29Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
ps. Go Oilers Go!

Couldn't pass this up ... Though they beat up on my Sharks, still pulling for them...
Quote:
Most who venture here still seem to be seeking Truth, and answers to help in thier walk with the Lord.

May it always be so.

2006/6/8 0:25Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: The bible is NOT the Word of God

Isn't it time this non essential, long winded, divisive, confusing thread was ended? I think we have all got the message by now. We can take it or leave it. I'm leaving it.

2006/6/8 9:34Profile

Re:

Quote:
Couldn't pass this up ... Though they beat up on my Sharks, still pulling for them...

[b][size=large][color=FF3300]GO HURRICANES!![/color][/size][/b]

2006/6/8 9:37
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
[b][size=large][color=FF3300]GO HURRICANES!![/color][/size][/b]

That is so funny!

It sounded like you were "[i]prophecying unto the wind[/i]... (Ezekiel 37:9)" But then I figured out that it was about ice hockey. I can't say that I am much of an ice hockey fan, because there isn't alot of ice in south Texas.

:-)

2006/6/8 11:38Profile

Re:

Believe me... I'm NOT inviting hurricanes as in the storm! Usually here in the mountains of NC we dont get hit by hurricanes unless they come up thru the Gulf Coast. 2 years ago we got hit hard with a ton of flooding and wind damage. Flooding cuz all the water rolled down out of the mountains on the TN/NC/GA border, and we didnt have any electricity for 10 days.

But as far as hockey is concerned... GO HURRICANES!

Krispy

2006/6/8 13:04
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
The bible was not written by Christ. The bible was written by witnesses. The words written in the four gospels are the words of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Truly, the message of Christ was preserved, but words are not the exact words of Christ. They are not the words of God. They are the words of God passed through another person. This changes everything. This means that the bible is not the Word of God. Instead, it is a testimony to the Word of God.

The Bible was written by Christ. Christ is God and all scripture is God breathed. THe Lord said,"When He the Spriit of Reality shall come, He shall bring to your rememberance all that I have said. He shall take of Mine and declare it unto you".

The scripture is Christ's own record in the gospels and Christ's own interpretation of His person and work and application in the epistles. The Scripture is Christ's own words. THe Scripture is the living Crucified and resurrected Christ, in His apostles as the indwelling Spirit testifying to Christ, revealing Christ, applying Christ.

In saying we can have the Bible without Christ is not to say the Bible is not the Word of God. It is merely the written Word of God and without the Living word, it is dead. Or rather we are dead. It is of no benifit to us if we don't come to the Christ whom it reveals.

But this in no way undermines the authority or the Divine origin of the scripture, but rather testifies to what the Scriptures say. That is apart from Christ we are dead. And unless our dead spirit is quickened to Life by the living resurrected Christ, the Bible does not benifit us.

If we put our trust in the scriptures, yet fail to come to the Christ whom it reveals, the scritpures in which we have set our hope will condemn us in that day. The Lord will indeed judge us by the scriptures as Paul says, "Those who have the law will be judged by the law". Those who don't have the law will be judged without the law, their own conscience condemning them..."

Those who have the law are condemend by that law. And those who don't have the law are condemend by their own conscience, they don't even live up to the standerd of their own concepts. So without Christ, both those who have the scriptures and those who don't are dead in trespasses and sins.

Graftedbranch

2006/6/11 6:33Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Perhaps I missed it in all the posts but did anyone ask what Christ believed?

Quote:
“Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;”
(John 10:34-35 KJVS)

Here Christ refers to the written law as the scripture which cannot be broken and equates it with the 'Word of God'.

The Holy Spirit 'spoke' by David, the same Holy Spirit 'wrote' by John, Paul et al. The Psalms are as much 'the Word of God' as was the law, as are the prophets, histories, gospels, epistles. The book we hold is God's spoken Word, Christ is the incarnate word. We don't have to deny the first to believe the second.

2006/6/12 15:45Profile
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
The book we hold is God's spoken Word, Christ is the incarnate word. We don't have to deny the first to believe the second.

Amen Ron B.

Graftedbranch

2006/6/16 11:50Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: The bible is NOT the Word of God

If this post isn't satan unleashed, I don't know what is. Please don't listen to him, he is obviously self deceived. Read the word, obey it, live it and glorify God. God bless you.

2006/6/16 12:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy