SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Unfriendly Churches

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Professional pastors... i know that scripture does set a presidence for a pastor to be paid. But why? So that he can have the time to study the scriptures. Thats not what it's turned into now-a-days. He spends more time steppin'-n-fetchin' than anything else.

Also, salaried pastors are at the mercy of the church board in many cases. The pastor feels intimidated to preach the WHOLE Word of God because he may upset someone on the board when he preaches about holiness. Say he preaches against being involved with the Masons... and low and behold there are a Mason or two on the board! He just put his families financial security on the line.

Earning your living as a Pastor is not forbidden in the Word, but it's also not a command either. There are deinately some pitfalls.

None of the leaders in our house church network are paid anything. This frees us up to preach the whole counsel of God... and if someone gets upset with me (as you can imagine some do now and then!) I dont care. It's not putting bread on my table.

Krispy

2006/5/18 14:19
brentw

Ohio

Re: Unfriendly Churches

I agree with josh.

I preached at a church in Maryland years ago called "the reformed episcopal" and it was like a catholic church. It was DEAD!!
I met a lady their who said she was a pentacostal christian, and God called her their to be a light! She was a better christian then me ;-) She had to be strong to survive their!

Jesus did give us power to raise the dead...didnt He? :-)

2006/5/18 15:04Profile

Re:

Quote:
and God called her their to be a light!

So you're saying God may call someone to do something that is contrary to His Word? I'm NOT saying we shouldn't befriend Catholics, or people of other faiths, and be a witness to them... but SCRIPTURE never once hints that we should join together with them in their religious system in order to win them. In fact, it very clearly commands us to do just the opposite. Observe:

2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and [b]be ye separate[/b], saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

Eph 5:11 And have [b]no fellowship[/b] with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather [b]reprove them[/b].

Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, [b]mark them[/b] which cause divisions and offenses [b]contrary to the doctrine[/b] which ye have learned; and [b]avoid[/b] them.

You may question me using a scripture that says "unfruitful words of darkness" when referring to the Episcople or Catholic churches... but believe me when I tell you there is nothing more dark in this world than a religion that is false and is leading countless millions to their doom.

No, God has not called any of us to be a part of false religions in order to win them. This woman you're referring to is a born again believer... I dont doubt that. But she is in disobdience to scripture.

Krispy

2006/5/18 16:32
brentw

Ohio

Re:

Krisp....I hear what your saying and you've got good scripture backing, but what about the moravians who sold themselves into slavery to win some??
I dont think this lady was joined to them...I believe she was "in the world but not of them".

2006/5/18 17:06Profile

Re:

Big difference between selling yourself into slavery in order to be a witness to slaves and owners, and joining together with a false religion. See, the reason God commands separation when it comes to spiritual matters is our safety. We can be so easily deceived, and if someone thinks they cant be then they should remember that pride comes before the fall.

Am I afraid of being deceived? As long as I obey scripture and commune with the Lord on a daily basis, then no. I'm not too concerned about it. But when we set aside His clear commands of scripture, then we open ourselves up to all sorts of attacks.

I'm not coming against this lady... just saying that she has a poor understanding of what God commands.

Krispy

2006/5/19 10:02
breadman

Athens Ga.

Re:

Me and my wife and children attended a very good church in Georgia. We participated with feeding the poor, I taught Sunday School, paid our tithes there, I even went throuth that denominations schooling to get a one year diploma in Biblical Studies. A couple of years ago God blessed my wife and me with twins. After giving birth my wife went into a deep post partum depression. We were not able to go to church but a couple of the members visited and kept up with us. My wife attempted suicide and had to be put in a mental hospital for a little while. For about three months we were having all kinds of trouble, my wife was convinced I was chasing women, she would leave and take the kids, she stayed out of state for a month, then when she came home she was constantly kicking me out of the house for any little thing. I was praying a lot in those days and one night God showed me some things in prayer. The next day I was very excited and wanted to talk to my pastor. My pastor could not believe that God had spoken to me. I had been out of church for several months so for God to speak to me was just imossible in his eyes. After our dis agreement as to whether God had actually spoken to me or not he told me that we needed to get back in his church where people loved us. What people? Only a couple of people had even kept up with us and we knew them outside of church. I asked him where he had been, he knew what a hard time we were having and he hadn't called in three months. I believe this is the difference between someone who gets paid to do the job and someone who is called by God to do the job. If one is called by God then there would be true love for the people God has given him. Instead, we feel betrayed by our church and our pastor.

2006/5/19 13:20Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Breadman,

Clearly you've been through a difficult trial, I was wondering if you could share with us how the Lord has brought you through this trial in His faithfulness? It would be a great encouragment for all.

Also, based on your description of events, what the pastor said and did (or didn't do) was not right and he will, as a shepherd, have to give account before God one day. However, I hope that you do not harbor anger or bitterness towards him.

In Christ,

Ron

2006/5/19 13:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy