SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Nephilim

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Nephilim

Stever posts:

Does your Bible refer to the Nephilim? My Bible uses the word Giant instead of Nephilim.

Can the concept of the Nephilim be supported by Scripture?

Genesis Chapter 6 verse 4 in the American Standard Version says:

4. The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of God came unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them: the same were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown.

Genesis Chapter 6 verse 4 in the King James Bible says:

4. There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Were these people human Giants, or were these Giants the offspring of fallen angels and human women.?

PLease support your position by Scripture, because I would really like to know the truth of the matter if at all possible.

God bless,

Stever :-)

2006/5/16 10:14
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re: The Nephilim

Hi Stever,

We had a discussion on this issue about a year ago and it was quite revealing. The thread, as I recall was called [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=7637&forum=36&start=40&viewmode=flat&order=1]Who were the sons of God?[/url]

Lots of info there related to the question.

2006/5/16 11:12Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: The Nephilim

Chuck Missler has a great message about this:

http://www.khouse.org/6640/BP052/

He covers all the major views, but his is that they were giants that were half human, half angels. Very interesting message. He goes through all the Scriptures, and how it fits in with human history (ancient gods, titans, reports of giants, etc, etc).

2006/5/16 12:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy