SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : First post - question about searching

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
PatSieler

Miami, Florida

First post - question about searching

Hi, been a member for awhile but just recently starting using the site. I don't see any search functions. Is it possible to search for {a sermon, text, or discussion} with a particular topic. I was looking for a quote or a sermon on prayer, for example.

Thanks.

2006/5/11 13:21Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: First post - question about searching

Hi Pat,

There is actually two search functions available.
The first is at the very top of the main (Home) page where you can type in a key word as well as the "Advanced" that gives you a few more options to search by.

The other is a search function for the forum itself which can also be helpful for keywords that may bring up other links within certain posts, quotes, etc.

On the left side of the main\home page there is the section entitled "[b]Main Menu[/b]"

Click on "Site Discussions"
Then scroll all the way down to the bottom and either type in the box or click the "Advanced Search" link there.

As was mentioned on the main page, keep on eye out for an upgrade on the search functionality.

Let us know if you have any trouble or questions, something specific you may be having difficulty tracking down, there are many here who will be glad to help out. It can take a little bit to get used to navigating the site, but we are here for you.

2006/5/11 15:44Profile
PatSieler

Miami, Florida

Re:

Thanks, super helpful!

2006/5/15 9:08Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Hi, been a member for awhile but just recently starting using the site. I don't see any search functions. Is it possible to search for {a sermon, text, or discussion} with a particular topic. I was looking for a quote or a sermon on prayer, for example.

Pat, that is a great point you are raising, the search functions on the site are not adquate at this point and I am desiring to get coded some better usuability built into the search functions. Including a big feature which is searching by scripture reference for the audio sermon downloads. So if someone wanted to get a sermon on John 4 all they would have to do is punch it into the search.

2006/5/15 13:21Profile
PatSieler

Miami, Florida

Re:

Yea,
I actually did a church for Acts and got some good results - so some of that is already there. I've also been seraching based on some key words in passages that i'm interested in so that helps too.
To find gold, you have to dig!

2006/5/17 14:24Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy