SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : NKJV ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Council on Foreign Relations

Stever posts:

Who is this group----The Council on Foreign Relations? Every President, other than Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush has been a memeber since it started in 1921.

Council on Foreign Relations, The Harold Pratt House, 58 East 68th Street, New York NY 10021, Tel: 212-434-9400, Fax: 212-861-1789.

Membership Roster. 2004.

The Council on Foreign Relations has been the most powerful private organization in U.S. foreign policy since it began in 1921. While priding itself on non-partisanship and on recent efforts to recruit minorities, women, and youth (under 35), CFR's 4,200 members mainly reflect the resources needed by the ruling class to maintain their power. Don't call them if you want to join; they call you. And don't wait for a call unless you have big money, national security expertise, CIA experience, a political constituency, or clout with the media. CFR publishes the prestigious journal "Foreign Affairs" as well as a number of books and reports. Another major activity is to organize closed meetings for their members with assorted world leaders. Everyone feels free to share views and information about current world events, primarily because CFR has strict confidentiality rules and keeps its records locked up for 25 years.

This is a list of only the A's in the alphabet:

Council on Foreign Relations Membership Roster
(as of June 30, 2005)
http://www.geocities.com/benribqqq/cfr2005roster.html

UPDATED ON APRIL 24, 2006

Posted By: Mordechai Zember ([email protected]) and
Benito Ribbentrop ([email protected])

Source: Council on Foreign Relations 2005 Annual Report (for names) and various websites via Google.com (for description)

Individual Membership

*** Elected to Membership in 2004-2005
† Elected to five-year term membership in 2005

A

Aaron, David L. – former ambassador to OECD (1993-1997); former Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade (1997-2000)
Abbot C. Spencer
Abbot, Charles S. “Steve” (Admiral) – former Deputy Commander of U.S. European Command; a Rhodes scholar
Abbott, Wilder K.
Abboud, A. Robert
Abboud, Labeeb M. – general counsel for International AIDS Vaccine Initiative
Abdelal, Rawi – associate professor at Harvard Business School
Abell, Keith W.
Abercrombie-Winstanley, Gina Kay
Abernethy, Robert John – chairman of American Standard Development Company, Inc.
Abizaid, John P. (Gen.) – commander of Central Command (CENTCOM) in Iraq
Aboelnaga Kanaan, Mona
***Abramowitz, Michael J. – No. 2 editor at the Washington Post
Abramowitz, Morton I. - former ambassador to Thailand (1978-1981) and Turkey (1989-1991)
Abrams, Elliott – former Assistant Secretary of State for International Organization Affairs under Reagan; major Iran-Contra figure
Abshire, David M. – former ambassador to NATO (1983-1987)
Aburdene, Odeh F. – former Vice President for Middle East business at Occidental Petroleum
Ackerman, Peter – Chairman of the board of Freedom House
Adams, Gordon M. – professor at George Washington Univ. Elliott School
Adams, Michael F. – President of the University of Georgia
Adams, Robert McCormick – former Secretary of the Smithsonian Institute (1984-1994)
Adelman, Carol C. - senior fellow and director of Hudson's CCenter for Science in Public Policy
Adelman, Kenneth L. – former director of Arms Control and Disarmament Agency (1983-1987)
Adler, Allen R.
Aggarwal, Vinod K. - political science professor at Berkeley
Agnew, Harold M. - former director of Los Alamos Labratory (1970-1979); former New Mexico State Senator
Agostinelli, Robert F.
Ahearn, William Edward – former executive editor at The Associated Press (AP)
Aidinoff, M. Bernard – senior counsel for Sullivan & Cromwell LLP; director for AIG
Ajami, Fouad – professor at Johns Hopkins University
Albright, Madeleine K. – former Secretary of State (1997-2001); former Ambassador to UN (1993-1997)
Alderman, Michael H.
Alderman, Peter Belmont – an associate of Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
Aldrich, George H. – a judge on the Iran-United States Claims Tribunal (at The Hague); former U.S. representative at the United Nations' Law of the Sea Conference (1977-1981)
Alexander, Margo N. – former banker for UBS Warburg and Paine Webber
Alexander, Robert J.
Alford, William P. – professor at Harvard Law School
Ali, Mustafa Javed
Allaire, Paul A. – former Chairman and CEO of Xerox
Allan, Scott Hazzard Jr.
Allbritton, Joe L. – former CEO of Riggs Bank
Allen, J. Michael III
Allen, Jodie T. - managing editor of U.S.News & World Report
Allen, Lew Jr. (Gen.) – former Air Force Chief of Staff (1978-1982); director of National Security Agency (1973-1977)
Allen, Richard V. – former National security advisor (1981-1982)
Allen, William L. – former editor-in-chief of National Geographic
Allison, Graham T. – Director of Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs at Harvard; former Assistant Secretary of Defense for Policy and Plans (1993-1995)
Allison, Richard C.
Almond, Michael A.
Alonzo, Anne L. – recently a co-chair of Hispanic Alliance for Free Trade
Alpern, Alan N.
Alter, Jonathan H. – senior editor and editor of Newsweek
Alterman, Jon B. – an analyst and political commentator at the CSIS
Altman, Roger C. – Chairman of Evercore Partners Inc.; Deputy Secretary of the Treasury under Clinton (1993-1995)
Altman, William C. – a Rhodes scholar
Altshuler, David - CEO of Binnacle Capital and Chair of TechFoundation
Alvarado, Donna Maria – Vice Chair of the Ohio Board of Regents
Alvarez, Jose E. – professor at Columbia Law School
†Alvarez, Kira M.
Alving, Amy E. – vice president for technology at Science Applications International Corporation
Amador, Angelo I. – Director of Immigration Policy for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Amanat, Omar S. – former founder of Tradescape Corporation
Amerine, Jason L. (Maor, Army) – professor at West Point; Special Forces officer; wounded in a friendly fire incident in Afghanistan
† Amlani, Ajay K.
Amos, Deborah Susan – National Public Radio and ABC News Propagandist
Amr, Hady A. – former member of the board of the Virginia Public School Authority; former World Bank bureaucrat
Andelman, David A. – Executive Editor of Forbes.com; former CBS News correspondent
Andersen, Harold W.
Anderson, Craig B. – former President of National Council of Churches (1998-1999)
Anderson, Desaix - Executive Director of the Korean Peninsula Energy Development Organization; former Charge d’Affaires ad interim (acting ambassador) to Red Vietnam (1995-1997)
Anderson, Edward G. III
Anderson, Gloria B.
Anderson, John B. (R-IL) – former member of House of Representatives (1961-1981); ran for President as independent in 1980
Anderson, Lisa – Dean of the School of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University
Anderson, Mark A.
Anderson, Paul F. – senior advisor to Booz Allen Hamilton
Anderson, Robert O. (Orville) – former Chairman of ARCO
Andreas, Dwayne O. - former chairman and CEO of Archer Daniels Midland Company
Andreas, Terry Lynn
Andrews, David R. – State Department Legal Adviser under Clinton; former General Counsel for PepsiCo.
Andrews, Michael A. (D-TX) - former member of House of Representatives (1983-1995)
Angelson, Mark A.
Ansour, M. Michael
Anthoine, Robert
Anthony, John Duke - founding President and CEO of the National Council on U.S.-Arab Relations
Aossey, Nancy A. – President and CEO of International Medical Corps
Apgar, David P. – former vice president in Lehman Brothers' Financial Institutions Group
Aponte, Mari Carmen – appointed by Clinton in 1998 to be ambassador to Dominican Republic; she withdrew her nomination
Appenteng, Kofi - attorney for Thacher Proffitt & Wood, LLP
Appiah, Kwame Anthony
Applebaum, Anne E. – columnist for Washington Post
Apter, David E. – former political science professor at Yale
Arcos, Cresencio S. - former ambassador to Honduras (1990-1993)
***Arend, Athony Clark – professor at Georgetown Univ. School of Foreign Service
Arkin, Stanley S. – senior partner of Arkin Kaplan LLP
Armacost, Michael H. – former ambassador to Japan (1989-1993) and Philippines (1982-1984)
Armstrong, Anne L. – former ambassador to Great Britain (1976-1977)
Armstrong, C. Michael – former CEO of Comcast, AT&T, and Hughes Electronic (involved in satellite scandal with Bernard Schwartz)
Armstrong, John Alexander, Jr.
Armstrong, Lloyd, Jr.
Arnhold, Henry H.
Arnold, Millard W.
Aron, Adam M. – former Chairman and CEO of Vail Resorts; former senior VP of United Airlines and Hyatt Hotels
Aronson, Bernard W. – former Assistant Secretary of State for Inter-American Affairs (1989-1993)
Aronson, Jonathan David – professor at Univ. of Southern California
Arsht, Adrienne – Chairman of the Board of Totalbank in Miami, Florida
Art, Robert J. – international relations professor at Brandeis University
Arthurs, Alberta – former director for arts and humanities at the Rockefeller Foundation; former President of Chatham College
Artigiani, Carole - Executive Director of Global Kids, Inc.
Asencio, Diego C. – former ambassador to Brazil and Colombia
Asmus, Ronald D. – former Deputy Asst. Sec. of State for European Affairs (1997-2000)
Assousa, George E.
Atkins, Benjamin A.
Atkins, Betsy S. – President and CEO of Baja LLC; a trustee at Florida International University
Atwood, J. Brian – Dean of the Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs at Univ. of Minnesota; former Administrator of Agency for International Development [AID] (1993-1999)
Auer, James E. – former Navy officer; a professor at Vanderbilt
Aufhauser, David D. – former Treasury Department General Counsel under Dubya (2001-2003); currently a global general counsel of UBS
Augustine, Norman R. – former Chairman and CEO of Lockheed Martin; Under Secretary of the Army under Gerald Ford
Auslin, Michael R. – Japanese history professor at Yale
Auspitz, Josiah Lee – a director at The Sabre Foundation
Ausubel, Jesse H. - Director of the Program for the Human Environment and Senior Research Associate at The Rockefeller University
Avedon, John F. – writer and author
Avery, John E.
Awuah, Patrick G. Jr. – founder and president of Ashesi University
Axelrod, Robert M. – professor at University of Michigan
Ayers, H. Brandt - publisher of The Anniston Star (Alabama)
Ayres, Alyssa C. - deputy director of the Center for the Advanced Study of India
***Azim, Khalid

You will find members of both political parties on this list, including John Kerry.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Will it happen by 2010?

This is the current membership website:

http://www.geocities.com/benribqqq/cfr2005roster.html

God bless,

Stever

2006/5/11 8:59

Re:

Stever... a little overkill, man. I thought this was about the NKJV... didnt know it was about foreign relations and world-wide governments.

:-)

Krispy

2006/5/11 9:53
Combat_Chuck

Re:

anybody know what happened to philologos?

And does anyone have an opinion on the ESV? I can't seem to find what manuscripts they used...

2006/5/11 11:44Profile

Re:

Philologos has a tendancy to drop off the edge of the earth from time to time, and then re-surface at a later date.

Krispy

2006/5/11 15:07
Combat_Chuck

Re:

Ah, I see. Thanks.

By the way, I found what I was looking for about the ESV, [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=6111&forum=35&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=0]here[/url], and [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=1986&forum=36&post_id=&refresh=Go]here[/url]

ESV relies heaviliy on the western texts. It really is a shame :-( Why can't somebody make a new translation off the byzantine texts?!!?

Adam

2006/5/11 16:06Profile

Re:

Personally... I wish they would. I'm in no way opposed to that, but so far no one has.

In the meantime tho, if people would stop believing the lie that KJV is just to hard to understand, they may realize that we do have an understandable and readable translation of the Byzantine texts.

Krispy

2006/5/11 17:23
Combat_Chuck

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Personally... I wish they would. I'm in no way opposed to that, but so far no one has.

In the meantime tho, if people would stop believing the lie that KJV is just to hard to understand, they may realize that we do have an understandable and readable translation of the Byzantine texts.

Krispy

I'm in complete agreement with you. However, I don't know... do you hang out with youth very often? In specific, those who are poorly educated? I am friends with several high schoolers who honestly are just not smart at all.

I have a feeling it is very easy to sit back with the intelligent King James reading church crowd and talk about how TV has destroyed my generations literacy (which is somewhat true), and how education has gone downhill (also true).

But the thing is, this is just sitting on our high horses, looking down on the poor and rejected, and SNUBBING THEM. I am involved with some inner city missions, ok... And the problem with this mentality of, "Hand them a King James Bible, and if they really love God(and the Scriptures), they will read it and learn olde English" is that we are not going to my generation WHERE THEY ARE AT.

I got news for these folks, Jesus went to the people who did not study the Scripture, he went to the uneducated, outcasts, the blind, the lepers, the thieves and the whores! He let the religious pharisees do their own thing for the most part.

That's why I wish we had a newer translation than the King James that is based on the Byzantine texts, in modern English.

Perhaps it's best to just give these kids the NKJV Bible(or nasb or esv... of course, avoid niv and the message at all costs), and then let them move up to the KJV, unless a better translation comes out someday.

This is my stance anyways, after reading these forums: "Currently using the KJV until I can find something better."

Adam

2006/5/11 18:23Profile

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Stever... a little overkill, man. I thought this was about the NKJV... didnt know it was about foreign relations and world-wide governments.

:-)

Krispy

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stever's response:

No, not overkill. Just a follow-up to the following:

Combat_Chuck wrote:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By 2010 America will be "borderless" --between that of Canada and Mexico.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If by January 1st 2010 this has not come to pass, may I stone you?

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thr Council on Foreign Relations is behind the erasing of our borders between Canada and Mexico by 2010, and I wanted you to know who they were. Basically anyone that is anyone in Washington D.C., our major News and Television Networks, Major Journalists; etc. etc. etc. are members of this organization.

God bless,

Stever

2006/5/11 19:17

Re:

Combat_Chuck wrote:

Perhaps it's best to just give these kids the NKJV Bible(or nasb or esv... of course, avoid niv and the message at all costs), and then let them move up to the KJV, unless a better translation comes out someday.

This is my stance anyways, after reading these forums: "Currently using the KJV until I can find something better."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stever's response: I DISAGREE--SEE MY NEXT POST

God bless,

Stever

2006/5/11 19:23

Re:

Stever reposts to Combat_Chuck in regards to supplying the young, new believers who aren't well educated, with an NIV Bible until they are more mature.

My first response proceeded from my flesh (at the very least), from my human nature, from my human reasoning---all are full of error. All are found in the blood of Adam, which fills each of our veins with our inherited sin nature.

[b]TO BE CLEAR, I WITHDRAW MY PREVIOUS RESPONSE TO COMBAT_CHUCK, AND REPLACE IT WITH WHAT APPEARS BELOW:[/b]

The Holy Spirit has convicted me of my error, of my sin, in suggesting that the NIV would be acceptable for new believers who are young and or uneducated and cannot read well.

The King James ranks easier to read and easier to understand than the NIV or any of the other newer versions.

Many Christians prefer the new versions because they are under the illusion that they are easier to read than the King James Version. However, the KJV ranks actually easier than the new versions in 23 out of 26 comparisons on the Flesch-Kincaid grade level indicator [5th grade reading level,] and in most verses is easier for children to read. In most passages the new versions have replaced simple, one-syllable words from the KJV with more complex multi-syllable words. This was done because the new perversions are copyrighted which the KJV is NOT. Copyright laws require the publishers to make substantial changes in text from the KJV.

Examples:
NIV, NAS, NLT, NKJ, RSV – All change new to 'unshrunk' in Mark 2:21
The variety of word uses amongst all the new versions in some of the following verses is a good example of 'Scripture du jour' for those who want to make the Word fit their own idea of what God intended to say. Mat. 8:11, Lk. 5:29, Mat. 11:26, Lk. 10:21, Jn. 7:8, Acts 11:24,26, Col. 2:13, 2 Thes. 2:3, Acts 25:20, Acts 27:30, Acts 19:23.

Over 6,000 changes and deletions have been executed by the newer versions, there is no limit to the number of places that the text of the King James Version has been corrupted by them. I have previously posted many of them on the thread by Philologos-“Why would anyone still read the King James Bible?” Because of copyright laws, the new versions can never use as simple words as the King James Version.

Some readers object to the KJV's use of archaic words like thee, thou, thine, and ye. However, these words were used [even after they had begun to cease from English conversational use,] to convey the singularity or plurality of the person[s] addressed. This is conveyed in the Greek and Hebrew, but is not possible using only the common English pronouns "you" or "your". When Jesus said to the Pharisees in John 8:44, "ye are of your father the devil" we know from the KJV that he was speaking to the entire group, not just one individual. Similarly, in the KJV the singular terms the and thou means 'you alone,' and thine means 'yours alone [for Thine is the kingdom" – Matt. 6:13.]

These distinctions from the original manuscripts are lost in the newer versions. The few problems with other archaic terms used in the KJV such as suffer [permit,] prevent [precede,] etc, can be easily overcome with a brief education in the definitions and usage of these terms.

NOTE: A copy of Noah Webster's 1828 American Dictionary of the English Language is a perfect companion to the serious reader of the Word of God.

To understand the very serious business of keeping the Word of God pure and inerrant, just as it is promised, it would be most helpful for the reader to take time to read the message to the readers of the King James Version who worked so faithfully and diligently to keep it perfect.

God takes His Word very seriously. He has even magnified His Word above His name [Ps 138:2,] and expects His children to tremble at his word [Isaiah 66:5.] Despite all of Satan's efforts to destroy it, God has preserved His Word. The greatest group of Bible and language scholars ever assembled rejected the corrupt Alexandrine Text available to them, and following the traditional text which God preserved through the ages, produced the King James Version. In light of the Satanically inspired deletions and substitutions made in the new versions, there is no excuse for any Christian who has been presented with this information to continue using any of the new versions of God's Holy Word, which has been preserved for us only in the Authorized King James Version.

Please, if you want to denigrate or criticize the above studies, include source of your contradictory information.

God Bless

Stever -(
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Quote:

Stever wrote:
Combat_Chuck wrote:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stever's response: I DISAGREE

God bless,

Stever

2006/5/11 23:13

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy