Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Love-Impelled Invasion -Tozer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Love-Impelled Invasion -Tozer

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/tozerdev.gif[/img]

Real faith must always mean more than passive acceptance. It dare mean nothing less than surrender of our doomed Adam-life to a merciful end upon the cross. That is, we own God's just sentence against our evil flesh and admit His right to end its unlovely career. We reckon ourselves to have been crucified with Christ and to have risen again to newness of life. Where such faith is, God will always work in line with our reckoning. Then begins the divine conquest of our lives. This God accomplishes by an effective seizing upon, a sharp but love-impelled invasion of our natures. When He has overpowered our resistance, He binds us with the cords of love and draws us to Himself. There, "faint with His loveliness" we lie conquered and thank God again and again for the blessed conquest. There, with moral sanity restored, we lift up our eyes and bless the Most High God. Then we go forth in faith to apprehend that for which we were first apprehended of God.

"I thank Thee, 0 Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because Thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in thy sight."

Prayer
We thank You, Father, that You have hid these things from the wise but have revealed them to us, Your grateful children!

more info: http://www.cmalliance.org/devotions/tozer/tozer.jsp

2006/5/6 13:04Profile
teamtoucan

Queanbeyan, Canberra, NSW, Australia

Re: Love-Impelled Invasion -Tozer

Amen. Tozer is always good value.

Some of his writing has taught me that i must agree completely with romans 7: 18 "I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature."

The old Adam nature deserves death, but instead we usually want to hang on to our own righteousness, without admitting that "nothing good lives in me."

May we learn to say with Paul "I have been crucified with Christ", and may we say it not because it is a cute and fashionable Christian thing to say, but because we know it is true and right and just.

God bless,

Brian

2006/5/7 7:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy