SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : God Don't Give His People ARM's ...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Rahman

God Don't Give His People ARM's ...

Hmmmm, i bet you thought physical limbs or assault weapons didn't you ... :-P

No, i'm talking ADJUSTABLE RATE MORTGAGES :-? ... ARM's, Interest Only, Wrap Arounds and Baloons are for savy Real Estate movers and shakers, and not for everyday folk who have to live in thier houses for years to come ...

First let me say that i claim no unction of the Spirit for this post, but do so out of love and concern for my brothers and sisters ... i have a sister in Christ who belongs to the same church i do ... Our Lord had provided for her early retirement, an anointing/calling and unction to lead in prayer, and had given her a decent house, but the house just wasn't what she wanted ... Initially before she decided to set out on attaining another house our conversations were always on things pertaining to our Lord, but soon after our conversations switched more to houses, the costs, and what it'd take for here to purchase a new home ... Well i soon got tired of this and asked her had she noticed that she was now distracted from our Lord and His work for her ... i shared with her what i believe our Lord had told me about our failing economy and over inflated housing prices, and that she should wait on Him in this area until "the adjustment" (of course the masses don't believe this) ... i remember even telling her that things were so desperate now that people and banks were signing mortgages of "interest only" and "adjustable rate" even tho the Fed is increasing the prime rate ...

Before i knew it my sister in Christ had convinced herself that she was in store for a blessing from God in the form of a house she'd found and fallen in love with, but there proved to be one financial snag after another ... Eventually she stopped talking to me about this house until just recently ... Come to find out this house she'd obtained on an ARM whose time is soon up, and now she's attempting to get a new coventional mortgage at 6%/30 year but her income doesn't qualify her at that rate ... So now i hear talk of her needing a miracle from God, and her asking did God move her into this house only for her to lose it? ... Sigh! (mine) ...

First off i don't believe God moved her into something she can't afford, and more importantly has put her back in the work place and distracted her from her prayer service ... But bless God that i believe this sister is of good heart, has God's favor, and that He'll work Rom. 8:28 out in her behalf (this is what i pray) ...

But bottom line is this saints, if we ever go out to purchase anything and we're all in a dither about it's cost, or worried even a fraction about if we can afford it, or have to sign some shyster contract/mortgage to get it (this is just my opinion) ;

[b]IT AIN'T GOD! ... [/b]

i believe if any saint find themselves in a position of where the term of their ARM contract is about up and they can't re-sign a conventional mortgage at a rate in which they can afford it - they need to pray to God to either show them how they can keep their house, or help them to sell that (millstone) now if they can, and to help them get somewhere within their means ...

Foreclosures are about to take an even sharper upward increase, and i do believe that if we find ourselves amongst those who have bitten off way more than God would ever give us to chew, if we'd but just come clean before Him, confessing and repenting of our greed, He'll hear us and help us in this present danger ... 2 Chron. 7:14, 1 John 1:9. Heb. 13:5, 1Tim. 6:6-12 ...

2006/5/5 16:43Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy